It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SERMON 5: We must build a Universe Simulation inside the present Universe Simulation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Yummy
, I understand it's something like resource hogging or doing a ddos on the physical-render. Another way is it to put stress on points in the simulation. Like many people within a rather small radius , rapid change in view, lots of falling objects small objects or Behaviour at physical extremes.

However we don't know if we really deplete the resources but at least H can try if it has some effect. Another problem arises if the simulation within the simulation (our reality) is of less quality then the total resources used are less that with one (physical-reality). like if everyone is inside a pacmanworldVR the info stream is way less than in our physical reality.I think the universe is smart enough to shutdown unused resources (like the pets from mr schoedinger

edit on 3262017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

less than in our physical reality.I think the universe is smart enough to shutdown unused resources (like the pets from mr schoedinger

well we shutdown multiverses all the time, a lousy job, but somebody got to do it

Take for instance the universe were Hillary became President, we immediately shut it down

edit on 2017-3-26 by galien8 because: extra info

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You have to admit though... If the universe is indeed a simulation, we probably have little chance of disrupting it. And it's invalid to assume that whatever breaks our computers, would extend out to whatever is simulating the universe. Memory for example. The universe is already composed of apparently infinite data stretching out in all directions, so we have little chance of filling it up by some repetitive action. And talk about reliability... We are lucky to make computers with continuous uptimes of more than a few years. The universe has been running for over 12 billion years from our perspective. It's going to take a lot more than some logic error or hack to make it crash.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ha Hillary the evil witch that knows how to solomon. In that universe she dropped the bomb I guess. Hope she gets iodine-131 for breakfast in this one

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

The universe is already composed of apparently infinite data stretching out in all directions,

Well thats an mathematical assumption , space could be quantizised. Compare that with that it's possible to have an mandelbrot set inside a computer (also infinite).

It's going to take a lot more than some logic error or hack to make it crash.

Well I agree but... maybe it's possible to slowdown execution time somewhat

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Well thats an mathematical assumption , space could be quantizised. Compare that with that it's possible to have an mandelbrot set inside a computer (also infinite).

Notice I said apparently infinite. The boundaries of the observable universe make it impossible to really know for sure. I don't really think it's infinite, everything has a upper limit. But that limit is almost certainly beyond our grasp at this point.

But you are quite right. For example, wave / particle duality could be a memory saving feature to prevent the "disk" from filling up too fast. If that's the case, all you need is more observers.

Well I agree but... maybe it's possible to slowdown execution time somewhat

The only problem with that is... We wouldn't even realize the slowdown was happening. When a computer runs out of memory, it generally turns to swap (disk) to pick up the slack. From an outside observer, the simulation would slow down. However, there would be no difference from INSIDE the simulation. All the data is there, continuing to be processed. The only difference would be... Instead of taking 10 seconds to process a simulated hour, it now takes 20 seconds. But the simulated hour remains a simulated hour.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrWily

The universe has been running for over 12 billion years from our perspective. It's going to take a lot more than some logic error or hack to make it crash.

In an infinite small moment in time a computer can simulate a eternity, Frank J. Tippler said

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

In an infinite small moment in time a computer can simulate a eternity, Frank J. Tippler said

I'm not sure that is a logical statement... Can you post the actual quote? That's like saying you can fit a planet inside of an atom. While it is possible to speed up simulations with more computational power... Infinitely small time simulating an eternity is a totally unrealistic extreme. Nonsensical even.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There is absolutely no evidence the Universe is anything like a computer.

There is a famous talk by 5 Nobel Prize winners Astrophysics / Physics about the holographic universe, one in the panel is (I think is even a DOUBLE Nobel Prize winner) professor t' Hoofd (fellow country man) who says universe is like a computer (program)

Maybe he should stay within his field and let the computer scientists have this debate.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The universe has been running for over 12 billion years from our perspective. It's going to take a lot more than some logic error or hack to make it crash.

This comment is such monumental BS it is stunning. How many bits of resolution in your representation?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Math is used are a representation of reality. Math is not the reality it represents. Just because you imagine something to be real doesn't make it real. Our representation of reality will never be reality. It's delusion to think it would ever get close.

What happens in reality would require more reality than exists to simulate it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
my reply to: DrWily

The only problem with that is... We wouldn't even realize the slowdown was happening. When a computer runs out of memory, it generally turns to swap (disk) to pick up the slack. From an outside observer, the simulation would slow down.

Indeed you're right we will not see the slowdown because we're 'inside' the simulation. But if even a single part of our being is on the 'outside' (maybe our soul) we will notice on a psychological level. Like a gameplayer in psysical reality will notice the lag if there are too many objects in the simulation. for us it would seem like time is speeding up

If that's the case, all you need is more observers.

What we need to simulate it all....

Indeed observers are real resource hoggers.. with 3 GBIT a second per brain (rough guess) and about 50^9 people that ever lived on earth. we need a total capacity of 150*10^18 bits a second. To store everything in existance we need 150*10^18 times 365*24*3600 * (50 years average age). is roughly pfff... 9,855×10²⁷ bits of information. that's about 10^18 Disks of a terrabyte. that's a cube of 417x417x417 disks... or with an average length of 20cm per disk leaving some room for cooling that is a cube of about 100 x 100 x 100 meter of disks.... Would fit inside a rather large building .

Trump tower

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

LOL, you don't even want to hear my calculations on how much it would take to simulate the human brain right now. It roughly comes out to a requirement of 26 million top of the line GPUs, needing over 10 gigawatts of continuous power (The time machine in Back to the Future only needed 1.21 gigawatts of instantaneous power).
edit on 26-3-2017 by DrWily because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Can you post the actual quote?

Its the message of the book as I understand it, its not a single quote:
* As the universe shrinks again at the end of times (Big Bang / Big Crunch) the Omega computer gathers all light information in the universe
* Kinda uploads all (light) information entropy in Omega
* The Omega is then kinda everywhere in the universe, the whole universe is a computer
* During the Big Crunch there is a moment maybe just before the singularity that the available energy goes to infinity
* In that infinite small moment in time the Omega (computer) can simulate an eternity where we all (resurrected) can live forever

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This comment is such monumental BS it is stunning. How many bits of resolution in your representation?

* As the universe shrinks again at the end of times (Big Bang / Big Crunch) the Omega computer gathers all light information in the universe
* The Omega is then kinda everywhere in the universe, the whole universe is a computer
* During the Big Crunch there is a moment maybe just before the singularity that the available energy goes to infinity
* In that infinite small moment in time the Omega (computer) can simulate an eternity where we all (resurrected) can live forever

edit on 2017-3-26 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

There is absolutely no evidence the Universe is anything like a computer.

There is a famous talk by 5 Nobel Prize winners Astrophysics / Physics about the holographic universe, one in the panel is (I think is even a DOUBLE Nobel Prize winner) professor t' Hoofd (fellow country man) who says universe is like a computer (program)

Maybe he should stay within his field and let the computer scientists have this debate.

He works every day with computers

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The universe is a pretty crazy place, for sure. But there is so much we don't understand and can't understand, that I'm having trouble taking these claims seriously. First off... We don't know if it's going to be a big rip, a big bounce, or a big crunch. The universe is expanding and that expansion is actually ACCELERATING, which seems to point to a big rip instead of a big crunch. Second, light isn't the only form of information. Sometimes information is apparently lost, as is the case with black holes. Third, we don't have any idea what happened before the big bang or what kicked it off. Assuming something reverses the universe's accelerating expansion, it may well result in a big bounce, kicking the process off all over again.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

Have you read Frank J. Tippler? "Physics of Immortality" he is or was a professor in Astrophysics (or something) in Florida:

en.wikipedia.org...

Remember I also don't believe all his claims, for instance he makes in a second book Omega into a Trinity Omega I think just to make it Christian, Omega is the God-Computer

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
These sermons do rank pretty high up on my scale of top level wackiness found in the religion forum.

Are you trying to start a church of the simulation?

I mean it seems the gist of what you are trying to say is we need to create a simulation in order foil the simulation that we are currently in to receive the last judgment of God whom you equate with the current simulations programmer.

Seems an interesting theological doctrine.

Scientology seems to be loosing ground are you trying to start something to fill the void?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

I mean it seems the gist of what you are trying to say is we need to create a simulation in order foil the simulation that we are currently in to receive the last judgment of God whom you equate with the current simulations programmer.

My believe is that our God (THE ARCHITECT), OK good so the programmer, is in the real infinite / eternal universe administrating and managing the computer that runs the big bang / big crunch finite universe simulations (actually simulation in simulation in simulation ... cascade). That God will do the Last-Judgment-Day on all souls in the simulations. So this is what I believe and is my pursuit for happiness. More I don't know, I cannot fully understand God or the universe (simulation) or something. Its all hypothetical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join