It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Song

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

So she ruined a child's rhyme to get famous. Or "Got it wrong" :F
edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
The intro

"Red/Yellow/Pink/Green" is also incorrect.
Not just
"Orange/Purple/Blue"

At the end.

Maybe you are from another universe, only Red and Green was in the correct spot.

Listen, Pink doesn't belong in the Rainbow, but after Yellow? Really?

Can you source it? Do you understand how many already different children rainbow songs there are?

^^^
Red and yellow and pink and green - i can assure you are in the correct order.

That's not even in question.

It's the next line which is unfamiliar.

Maybe in the U.S this song isn't taught or isn't as well known as it is in the U.K, but here in the U.K this song is taught to every child and his dog!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
From en.wikipedia.org...

"I Can Sing a Rainbow," also known as "Sing a Rainbow," is a popular song written by Arthur Hamilton...

The British pop singer Cilla Black recorded the song for her 1966 studio album Cilla Sings a Rainbow; the album title and cover sleeve were both inspired by the song. She swapped purple and orange round and that is the way most people learn it.

So it's not the Mandela effect - just Cilla Black getting it wrong!

In the original poem "A Visit From St. Nicholas", attributed to Clement C. Moore, the last two of Santa's reindeer listed are "Dunder and Blixen"

Other versions of the poem have it as "Donder and Blitzen", while even other versions have it and "Donner" rather than "Donder" or "Dunder".

All of the versions are out there, written at various times with people making minor changes throughout -- but I grew up remembering it as "Donner", simply because the version I had in a book as a kid had it as "Donner"...AND that's the way Gene Autrey sang it in his song about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Even though I remember it as "Donner", I would NEVER attribute the difference between "Donner" and "Dunder/Donder" to the Mandela Effect. The explanation for the difference has nothing to do with alternate time lines or other dimensions, but rather just different people producing slightly different versions because they felt like it, and different kids growing up with different versions...

...Just like Cilla Black deciding to change the words to "Sing a Rainbow" just because she felt like it. Kids remember Cilla Black's version in which she intentionally changed the words because that is the version they grew up with.

edit on 28/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
From en.wikipedia.org...

"I Can Sing a Rainbow," also known as "Sing a Rainbow," is a popular song written by Arthur Hamilton...

The British pop singer Cilla Black recorded the song for her 1966 studio album Cilla Sings a Rainbow; the album title and cover sleeve were both inspired by the song. She swapped purple and orange round and that is the way most people learn it.

So it's not the Mandela effect - just Cilla Black getting it wrong!

Thanks for this. So Cilla is basically responsible for whole generations of kids learning the song incorrectly.

At least this looks to have solved my query.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, I've had some weirdness with this "effect" ... like the formerly spelt dilemna and some other stuff, but most of the time it is just a very human mistake of remembrance. I always heard it as "purple and orange (?) and blueeeeee" ... so we must've come from alternate 'verses.

If it was something a bit more standardized and well known, like that Stones song now saying "You cannot get what is wanted" or something, then we'd have general mayhem and supplications to the gods.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

If it was something a bit more standardized and well known, like that Stones song now saying "You cannot get what is wanted" or something, then we'd have general mayhem and supplications to the gods.

The Stones' song "Some Girls" has different lyrics depending on whether it was the radio version (family friendly version) or the album version (with explicit lyrics). That's true for many songs, especially in the 1970s through the early 2000s, but not so much anymore.

Back then especially when radio was big and explicit lyrics were the Boogeyman, depending on the way you got your music, you and I could disagree on the lyrics of a popular song. You might only know the radio, and that I might have only listen to the album version -- but we would both be right.

edit on 28/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another reality...
Many people want to see it.
Another mentality, another dimension and another sense
of time, colours and sounds.
Does this other world really exist?
The world of illusions, fantasies,
the world of DREAM...

You are somewhere nearby
Or are these only dreams?
Somewhere nearby with poison
I'd better put on my eyes
To distinguish the colour of your soul
Or are these only dreams?
Yes, these are dreams...
Yes, these are dreams...
Dreams... Dreams...

Vitas 2001
edit on 3282017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

well she even gets her own name wrong that Priscilla white......

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: I know it all...

Never heard of the rainbow song. I thought the end color of the rainbow was purple.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
a reply to: I know it all...

Never heard of the rainbow song. I thought the end color of the rainbow was purple.

The final color on the rainbow (the visible light color on the Electromagnetic (EM) spectrum with the lowest energy) is violet, which technically is very separate from purple -- even though in casual use of the words, "purple" and "violet" are relatively interchangeable. By the way, when we see a rainbow, what we are seeing is the visible light portion of the EM spectrum separated out into its individual wavelengths.

What makes purple technically very different than violet is that violet has its own place (its own wavelength) on the visible light spectrum part of the EM spectrum, which makes it a pure color among itself. "Purple", on the other hand, is not a separate color on the spectrum -- i.e., there is no electromagnetic wavelength that is equal to "purple".

Instead, purple is made by mixing red and blue pigments together. However (as I said above), purple will not appear on the EM spectrum -- not even between the wavelength for red and the wavelength for blue on the spectrum. The wavelength directly between red and blue is actually yellow.

The bottom line is that "purple" (technically speaking) does not appear on the rainbow, but "violet" does.

...But I call it purple sometimes, too.

edit on 29/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Subversive fear of floods and water.

Kermit's just being disrespectful because he know's he'll be fine as a frog.

kermit's a toad! this mandella effect is getting out of hand.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I was born in 1960 and I've heard it both ways...let's not make a song and dance out of this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join