It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Earth view from ISS Cupola Impossible 100 percent Fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WaxingGibbons
So on this site you can see a pic from the cupola that show lake Malawi. The lake is 580 km long. It is about one third of the shot. This means we are looking at 1700/1800 kms.

We should be seeing like I calculated earlier about 4700 km of the surface. The pic is onbviously not zoomed in either.

www.issphotolibrary.com...

No matter how you look at these pics, they are fake, fake, fake.......

Okay... You keep quickly dismissing the idea of lenses, but that is IN FACT what is going on here. Upon further study, the Capola module has 7 windows, each pointing in different directions. The central round window that looks straight out, and the trapezoid shaped windows all around it mounted at what looks like a 45º angle. So, yes, it is possible to see the whole earth by simply looking out the side windows. With a fish eye lens, you can capture light coming in from all 7 windows. This produces the illusion that you are looking at the whole earth, but it's actually a highly distorted image.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I figured maybe someone other than yourself would notice this, so I reverse searched the image. The most common websites it's posted other than astronomy subjects is fake news websites.

I figured maybe that wasn't good enough so I skimed through a couple pages of Google with just 'fake cupola iss images'. Very little impressive results but I did get this YouTube video:

That being said, can I asked my flat earth questions?
1. How do Eclipses on flat earth work, both, but specifically lunar?
2. How do you explain the spin and more specifically, tilt of star movement in timelapses? I only ask because FE'rs constantly try to disprove the spin of the earth in a off way of proving it's flat, but the spin and tilt is one of the obvious pieces of evidence assuming the sky is not a massive LED TV dome.
3. Why can a plane not fly 'to the edge'? There is no photographic evidence AT ALL of an edge, how can you cry about composites of round earth? THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PHOTO OF AN EDGE. This is not because of anything other than pure laziness of a 'scientific' community. Between all you wackos, you can afford a small plane and a cannon camera. There is no photo, because that photo would be the most valuable photo of all time, and thus it doesn't exist BECAUSE it doesn't exist. Humans claim to have started conquering the frontier of space, and you suggest no one can prove there is no actual edge with a plane and a camera? How about you prove it first then, instead of crying about the much harder amount of work being done that proves it's round.

Needing your own personal rocket to prove that in the first place is such elementary thinking. Do you need to visit the sun to prove it's hot? If it's so hot, why am I not melting? So it's not hot then? It must be Cold right? It must be. No one has ever been there to prove otherwise and we're not melting. The puzzle pieces fall together. See how absurd even a tiny bit of that thinking is applied can take you?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The other scenario is then that someone rounded off these pics making it look like a sphere with space around it. You can't escape the fact that they are fake.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WaxingGibbons

So....no, you won't post where the pictures you're using are from?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

That being said, can I asked my flat earth questions?

No you cannot, this is not a flat earth thread. The topic is these pics of Earth from the ISS cupola, and how they are fake. Nothing you posted has debunked the fact that they are fake, and nothing you are going to post, will. It's over, they are a 100% fake.
edit on 25-3-2017 by WaxingGibbons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I already did, twice.

I was going to look for the official NASA source but didn't get to it yet, they are 100% NASA though.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

100% fake?

Not quite.

Have a look at this photo...

That is Lake Malawi. Now, if I'm not mistaken, this lake does not cover nearly half the length of the planet...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's not fake... This picture comes directly from NASA:

www.nasa.gov...

Like I said before, by looking out the side windows (which are angled differently than the central window), it's possible to see the edges of the Earth. With a fish eye lens, you can capture light from all 7 windows, producing a distorted image that APPEARS to be a full view of the Earth. It's actually capturing light coming from 7 different directions.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

Besides all the proof I posted, according to NASA it is impoosible, so maybe you should be their advisor.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is a flat earth thread. I just showed you how it's relevant.

Only Flat Earthers think the image is fake. Exibit A: The YouTube video of specifically a Flat Earther claiming it's fake.

For you to claim your motivation is otherwise is for me to question, but not for immediate dismissal. Can you explain, in a simple way, why when compared to the internet it is predominatly FE'rs that are suggesting this, and almost no evidence of other 'select individuals' noticing it? Do you have super human observation that surpasses the entire internet?

The only people saying this is fake is Flat Earthers predominately, so while you can say I can't bring it up, you should know the level of information your comparing yourself to. These are widely available images, I should find someone other than the Flat Earth Society to claim they're fake if they are other than you. But there's basically not.

link   
It's a dome not flat window, that plus a fisheye or wide angle lens no problem. Simple enough to see.

link   

Besides all the proof I posted, according to NASA it is impoosible, so maybe you should be their advisor.

Except... the proof you posted doesn't add up. Mine does. Take a look at my last 2 posts.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Haha, the laughable fantastic excuses of the denialists. So you maintain that these are shots of the entire Earth from an altitude of around 400 km when NSA themselves say this is not possible.

So according to you, NASA is lying about that?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No... But you are.

www.nasa.gov...

Why would NASA post something that they said was impossible on their own site?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Please read to comprehend not to answer. The picture is possible because it's a dome.

The End

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Haha, the laughable fantastic excuses of the denialists. So you maintain that these are shots of the entire Earth from an altitude of around 400 km when NSA themselves say this is not possible.

No one is claiming that picture shows the whole earth. It's probably close to what you claimed in your OP, about 450 KM. The fisheye lens makes it look like it does.

I see you registered today, so much to learn :p

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The fact that it is a dome does not change the fact that from a camera distance of 2 m from it, your view is still restricted by the 2m diameter......regardless of your lense.

And again, there simply is no line of sight to get the entire Earth from that altitude.

And again, according to NASA themselves it is impossible to get the entire Earth from lower Earth orbit. Did you read my OP?

And I think we have established that thee pics only show a portion of Earth, the question is now why is it rounded off looking like a sphere with space around it.

Fake.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismir

I pointed this out myself. So why does it look like a sphere with space around it?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: chrismir

I pointed this out myself. So why does it look like a sphere with space around it?

As mentioned several times now. Go google fisheye lens pictures.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Please read to comprehend not to answer. The picture is possible because it's a dome.

The End

Once more, even if there was no window obstructing anything, you would still not be able to view the entire Earth from 400 km.

Even according to NADSA themselves. Is NASA lying about that then?

And we have already established that it doesn't show the entire Earth.

The questions is now why is it rounded off looking like a sphere with space around it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join