It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA admits it was wrong about Iraq WMD.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The CIA has finally admitted that its WMD estimates were wrong," Rep. Jane Harman (news, bio, voting record) of California, ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee, said in a statement.

She also called on CIA officials to conduct a vigorous review of intelligence on Iran and North Korea (news - web sites), "where active WMD programs are known to exist."

Article

Even though they were wrong on Iraq they still insist Iran has an active nuclear program and might have to take military action. I hope they do not hit any oil fields with bombing raids.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Bush now has a passport to invade any country he pleases. Dont you know?

These mindless followers will be behind him all the way.

I've had it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing a national press conference where the CIA Director, before the nation, apologized to every family who lost someone or some limb in Iraq by reading their name from a list and begging their forgiveness and then stating that since there was such a screwup the state department is going to award damages of $50 million to each family tax free of course.

I don't recall seeing this or the Director apologizing to the Iraqi freedom loving people we pummelled in the name of liberty and WMD's. Oh thats right he retired and is now a director for a company that was awarded a $7 billion dollar contract to rebuild Iraq. Thats probably why he hasn't apologized he's just been too busy.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
But Bush didn't care did he? No he wass going to go inmto Iraq no matter what. I am still wondering why and the WMD's weren't there and it sure wasn't to bring freedom to the Iraqis...I am still waiting to find out the real reason.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
I don't recall seeing a national press conference where the CIA Director, before the nation, apologized to every family who lost someone or some limb in Iraq

Neither have I. I frown on the very little exposure this is getting because they majority of people aren't going to realize how fallible our system is. This quote from the article, "Bush has branded prewar Iraq, Iran and North Korea as an "axis of evil," gives you an example of how this major intelligence "guffaw" has led to blunt statements that don't take into account anything but a "terrorist threat." The Bush Administration is playing on the subconcious fear of the population and using it as a cursory explanation for all of its actions.

I'm glad that there was an admission of sorts but believe it to only have surface value. Our current policies towards the world, in part stemming from the misinformation, will continue to fuel our national behaviour.

Sigh.............

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
I don't recall seeing a national press conference where the CIA Director, before the nation, apologized to every family who lost someone or some limb in Iraq by reading their name from a list and begging their forgiveness and then stating that since there was such a screwup the state department is going to award damages of $50 million to each family tax free of course.

$50 million? Sorry to let you in on this - as it may anger you further - but if you've lost a family member in the war, the government will pay you up to $120,000.

Iran and North Korea (news - web sites), "where active WMD programs are known to exist."

This sounds awfully familiar

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Actually they just upped it to $250,000.00 Thats half of the targeted goal. Our boys according to the state department aren't worth $500,000.

top topics

join