It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Approves Keystone XL Pipeline

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, its official. The pre-election XL stoppage by Obama has been canceled. Trump has made true on his claims of restarting the pipeline project.

bbc

While announcing the approval President Trump called it a "great day for American jobs".

"TransCanada will finally be allowed to complete this long overdue project with efficiency and speed," Mr Trump said in the White House Oval office, joined by TransCanada officials and contractors

As I have mentioned several times in the past, the chances of this project not being completed are nill
edit on 24-3-2017 by quercusrex because: Mobile wifi goblins

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Obama only shuffled off the problem to Trump. At the point it was, stopping it would have been very expensive for the USA and altering the approved path of the pipeline also had negative aspects to it.

I think that this pipeline route should have never been approved in the first place. Whoever allowed it should be fired for allowing that risk. I know that in the future this pipeline will have an environmental disaster related to it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
All right!!! Giving foreign companies the right to steal Americans land so they can build a pipeline made with foreign steel. Way to put America first Dimwit Donnie.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
China will be so happy, get that chinese owned canadian tar sand oil to china asap.

Americans must be so proud of this day.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Your English has improved so much
That's awesome.

Why are people still using oil. I mean really?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sounds like ANOTHER campaign promise FULFILLED to me. Way to go Mr. President of Integrity! Keep working to get things done while Democrats stay distracted by B.S. stuff that won't help them win elections.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am wondering if there is even a point to correcting the inaccurate posters anymore?

Nope, there is not.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
Why are people still using oil. I mean really?

Don't know. I guess the BARRELS it took to make the electronic device you posted from weren't included in your assessment?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

I know, right? We have the tech to use magnets very efficiently for a multitude of applications which would thereby not need petro-based (or possibly any) lubrication! The world is ADDICTED to oil, just as I was once 'addicted' to tobacco. While I was a 'smoker', I was in total denial of the detriment to myself. We, as a planetary population, are in just such denial. Just imagine a space station using magnetic bearings (think 'like poles repel'), or even a terrestrial vehicle. Could make solar 'doable'. Much less resistance to movement AKA friction!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Ever hear of vegetable-based plastics? Look it up!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I was waiting for an analysis on it from some brilliant ats'r, thank you for that, really im touched.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good. This should have happened 8 years ago and would have represented real growth rather than the anemic Fed manipulation-generated "growth" seen so often in the economy over the past 8 years.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I think it's great. What's even better is every time Trump keeps a promise or does something that adds more jobs, anti-American Marxists lose their minds.

hahahahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To Clarify, I am not against this pipeline, but I do believe that we must eventually develop technology which supersedes internal combustion, chemical rockets, and all currently petroleum-based tech. 'Big Oil' should begin just such a developmental transition before they get eventually left behind and disregarded as obsolete. Just makes good long-term business sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin
a reply to: Neith

I know, right? We have the tech to use magnets very efficiently for a multitude of applications which would thereby not need petro-based (or possibly any) lubrication! The world is ADDICTED to oil, just as I was once 'addicted' to tobacco. While I was a 'smoker', I was in total denial of the detriment to myself. We, as a planetary population, are in just such denial. Just imagine a space station using magnetic bearings (think 'like poles repel'), or even a terrestrial vehicle. Could make solar 'doable'. Much less resistance to movement AKA friction!

I know really, right? hehe.. I say Go Solar Inc. would be a great name for it. Yes definately room for expansion. Magnetics are the next big thing. Like the Trains in china that run on magnets, they're quiet and efficient and blazing fast.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

There is not a single rational thinker that doesn't want a cleaner, cheaper energy source.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Trump, gobsmacked again:

At the Oval Office Friday, Trump seemed surprised that TransCanada still needed the state’s approval. Trump said “I’ll call Nebraska.” He praised Nebraska’s governor Pete Ricketts (R) and said he would call Ricketts today. Ricketts, however, does not participate in the decision of the PSC, which has five commissioners.

www.washingtonpost.com... ea74

Pesky states
edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly! The ones who are keeping the tech stuck at it's current stagnant level are not rational by any means. The capital generated by petro-profits could be used to supersede petroleum through properly applied R & D. BTW, it's NOT just for the clean air. Petroleum serves a purpose while it is underground. Anyone ever wonder as to the seismic implications of draining the 'liquid & gas filling' of the planetary crust?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
China will be so happy, get that chinese owned canadian tar sand oil to china asap.

Americans must be so proud of this day.

At least we'll get some benefit from the oil, because it be shipped from US ports.

The alternative was that the oil would be shipped out from Vancouver, and the US would never benefit from it at all.

Anyone who thinks there was ever any chance the oil would stay in the ground is living in a dream world.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

Ever hear of vegetable-based plastics? Look it up!

They are an interesting avenue of research. The economic factors and extremely limited useabilty of bio-plastics makes the tech a microscopic advancement in replacing petro plastic products.

It's a bigger picture than making chip bags or pop bottles. Bio-plastics cannot replace pvc or hdpe in industrial settings.

Aside from that what do you suggest to replace the oil used in pharmaceuticals, clothing, paint, home building products , utility infrastructure etc, etc...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join