It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is Relevant, Just As Time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Reality, relativity, time...all the same. There should be a theory for that, at least in this dimension. I have stepped out of one reality to participate in this one. This one being the internet. Is the internet reality? That I would think is relative, but I don't have time enough at the moment to expound on the thought, which by the way is included. Thinking is relevant to the time and situation you find yourself in. Reality is one dimension, thought, another and time affects these realities because we have the need to know how long we will stay in one dimension or the other, or all of them at once. There are several dimensions, it's all depending upon what you are thinking at the time. I wonder if there is a formula to fit this? One thing for sure, I really don't need to waste my time worrying about it, I'll just look it up on the net. Everything is true...on......the............net,.......................right?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Pills and alcohol ain't a good combination bruv

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You can't help but play. You're in the game, not by choice, but by a lottery pick. The "game" is relevant and a dimension for you. Just as in chess, you don't have to move certain pieces throughout the length of the game, which is relative to the game at that time. To say not play at all is the winning move seems to be oxymoronic, so your game would be boring and very short. reply to: Necrose

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Gave up on false realities long ago. Pills ease my pain, imbibing is not a factor, I put away childish things. Don't mean I won't party with a beautiful lady when challenged. Again, it's all relative. a reply to: Necrose

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nice model of perceived reality.
Think of Time as a Universal Constraint/Property rather than as dimensionally.
Simultaneity of time throughout all dimensions, time is "omni-dimmensional" IMO.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i think we would get along

try smaller quantities

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

That's true, time is the same for every dimension. Some people think that 4th dimension is time, However that it utterly wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Where did you get that idea from? Do you know what "dimension" means?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Thank you, I see and understand your point. Time is the constant in any reality and dimension. Of course, this is speculation, as humans, time may be a concept unique to the species. As far as we know, we are the only ones in need of chronology. We had to invent a means to gauge our existence and the existence of our realities. That brings up another question and it may constitute another thread. Have sentient beings always been aware of time? Better yet, when did that first tick tock begin? I need to plant, I need to harvest, the geese are returning, I need to take note and remember this long into the future, I need to construct buildings that will outlast thousands of generations through time. Why?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I believe we have good footing to start. Thank you for the input, it is certainly a challenge to shrink the vast quantities I am working with, but you are right, an ocean started as one drop of rain.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisyphusG

Thank you, I see and understand your point. Time is the constant in any reality and dimension. Of course, this is speculation, as humans, time may be a concept unique to the species. As far as we know, we are the only ones in need of chronology. We had to invent a means to gauge our existence and the existence of our realities. That brings up another question and it may constitute another thread. Have sentient beings always been aware of time? Better yet, when did that first tick tock begin? I need to plant, I need to harvest, the geese are returning, I need to take note and remember this long into the future, I need to construct buildings that will outlast thousands of generations through time. Why?

Wow no absolutely no.
Time and space are properties of movement not consciousness. As long as there is a photon travelling there is time and time is relative to speed and...no, just no.
A calendar or a clock are not time, they are instruments to measure time intervals.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SisyphusG

The internet is a tool, nothing more. A fantastic, capable, necessary, sometimes terrifying, often pleasing tool, but a tool none the less. It is like unto a hammer. It is a part of reality, not a reality unto itself. Truth and lies are not dependent on ones situation or stance, they are solid, absolute. Reality is reality, everything else is false. Things are as they are and it is vital, paramount in importance, that we be capable of perceiving them as they are, rather than overlaying reality with a filter which accepts some truths but banishes others, or replaces them with lies that we find more comfortable than the truth, than reality.

Wishing to escape reality is understandable. Actually trying to do it however, is insane.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Okay, well stated, but you have to be aware of the movement of time. It can be done on a molecular level or with the sun passing by every day, or rather us passing by the sun and as I said, you need a gauge to mark it. Properties of movement are man named and are relative only to the being perceiving it. I don't know that the universe marks time, but I do know that you cannot have time without sentience. It is like the tree falling in the forest. to: Peeple

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Reality is only relative to you. I only know you exist because I believe you exist. When you stop writing, you no longer exist, unless I choose to believe you do. That is reality. You can throw in argument after argument about the trees out there, the buildings, the earth, the sky, but if you do not see them, how do you know they are really there? You have to believe they are and have faith that they will be there when you return. Reality is of your own construct and no one else's. In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Haha no.
The universe would expand even if there never would have been a sentient being at all and our little photon would still travel with c through spacetime.
And the #ing tree in the stupid forest does make a sound with or without a tiny monkey brain to perceive it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, I didn't expect an attack from a huge brained ape. I'll let it slide, chalk it off to frustration because someone chooses to believe differently than they do. Again, it's all relative, one side will rise up against me and some for me. The fact is you can't prove me wrong, nor can I you. You choose to believe as you wish. I'll sit in my tree and be content and wrong in your reality. In mine, you cease to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

By the way, for the moment, you exist again. I'd almost bet the farm you believe time is a river and not an ocean. Only flowing one way. One more time, guess it's all in how you look at it. Peace bro, I love a spirited discussion. Sorry though, at the time of this post, you cease to be, again.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ey don't worry, I even have a fun experiment for you:
Get an analogue watch turn the knob on the side and voila
(by your standards) time travel

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I conceed, you win.

new topics

top topics