It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dream This Morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have had many lucid dreams in the last few years, and people in them have never actually spoken to me even when I walk right up to them and speak to them. They behaved like the background characters on GTA, they would look at me and walk away. The first time it happened I recall thinking how rude these people are.

This morning I awoke early around 6am and I got up to make a hot drink. I ended up going back to bed after my drink as I didn't really need to be up so early and it was a cold rainy morning, so off I went back to bed. As i snuggled back in bed i was thinking about lucid dreaming and hoped i would do it again this morning. In a weird sort of way i knew i would.

It was a very brief moment of lucidity in my dream, but it was different because the people in my dream actually spoke and they looked and behaved like real people. They didn't ignore me or walk away. This is the first time this has happened in my lucid dreams.

In my dream i know i am dreaming. I look around and i am in a wood/forest type area. I am on foot, i notice I am barefoot. I am on what is like a well trodden grassy path and i follow it a short distance where it then brings me to a small clearing with a wooden cabin type of structure but it had no door, just an opening where a door should be. As i approached closer i could see that the inside looked like a shop. It had a counter-top where there was a dark haired young woman stood, in front of her on the counter were strings of beads and other simple jewellery.

I walked over to the counter and leaned on it with my elbows and looked at the young woman. She was very attractive, no make-up, dark hair worn loose and just longer than shoulder-length, and was wearing a loose brown hessian dress. I looked past her at another lady who appeared to be browsing the shelves in the 'shop'. This lady was also dressed in a rough hessian dress tied with rope at the waist. She was barefoot, carrying a basket. The young woman nearest to me turned to me and smiled, and the other lady made her way towards the door without buying anything.

Their dresses and that they were barefoot and that this 'shop' was a wooden shack in a forest clearing all made me wonder what year i was in because everything seemed like a medieval setting. So i asked the young lady at the counter what year is this, and the other lady who was at the door shouted over that the year is 1958. I turned towards her and she repeated it, ''it's 1958''. Then i turned back to the girl at the counter and i said ''i am from the year 2017''. She looked at me and smiled. I said again ''i am from 2017, if this is 1958 i'm from the future, do you believe me?'' She smiled and said ''yes i believe you''.

I then asked her ''what place is this? where are we?''
''Alethia'' she replied.
''Alethia? This place is 'Alethia?''' i asked.
''A-le-thi-a'' she again replied enunciating each syllable slowly, with a smile and a nod of her head.
''I've never heard of it'' I told her, but she smiled again and looked away.

I turned around and walked out the doorway, and on the ground around the cabin was mud, wet sloppy mud, inches deep that was not there when i entered the cabin. I was barefoot and i had to wade through it to get back on the path through the woods.

Then i woke up.

I thought i would share with ATS because it was the first time the people in my lucid dreams have actually spoken to me. Not exactly a conversation as such but they spoke, they were like real people. Very strange for me.

I just wondered if any other ATS lucid dreamers have had dream people speak to them.

Has anyone ever heard of a place called Alethia?

Anyway, thanks for reading and i look forward to your replies.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Welcome to the real world dooby.

Aletheia

Aletheia is truth or disclosure in philosophy. It was used in Ancient Greek philosophy and revived in the 20th century by Martin Heidegger. It is a Greek word variously translated as "unclosedness", "unconcealedness", "disclosure" or "truth". The literal meaning of the word ἀ–λήθεια is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident." It also means factuality or reality.

Many of my conversations in dreams are with deceased people.
edit on 22-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Welcome to the real world dooby.

Aletheia

Aletheia is truth or disclosure in philosophy. It was used in Ancient Greek philosophy and revived in the 20th century by Martin Heidegger. It is a Greek word variously translated as "unclosedness", "unconcealedness", "disclosure" or "truth". The literal meaning of the word ἀ–λήθεια is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident." It also means factuality or reality.

Many of my conversations in dreams are with deceased people.

Hey CB
Thanks for replying.

So, the place i was in was 'truth'/'reality'? Interesting.

I have had psychic experiences where i have spoken with those on the other side, but they weren't in dreams they were during or after meditation.

I love all this spiritual stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Love this subject. Lately, when I have lucid dreams I immediately want to start flying and generally just float around rooms as if I were in the space station. I did interact with a group once in a park like setting and was teching them how to fly, doing barrel rolls and such. So I tend to test "abilities" when I become lucid in dreams.

I have had some interesting conversations though, once there was this guy that everyone in the dream was saying I need to talk with. He looked like the guy who was the brother of Rockys girlfriend from the first movie. He told me that I had a blood related disease. I asked if it was contagious and he said no. Two weeks later, my doctor told me I had diabetes. At the time I was in my early 30's, about 15% body fat and played full-court basketball regularly. There was no history of diabtets in my family, so this was a real shocker. That lucid dream episode played a big part in my current spiritual thinking.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am uncertain, i cant claim to know for sure, but the fact that the word aletheia was in your dream is important. It could also mean that something in your life that is upcoming may be a "revealing of truth" of sorts, as precognition in dreams happens too (ive experienced it on countless ocassions).

Recently ive had a theory about the dream "world" being a place immune from time, or in the very least, a realm that is just as "real" as this one, whatever this one is.

Who knows, but I agree, it sure is wonderful to ponder.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I can't tell you about your new found land's name. I cannot say much about controlling this either because I just started a couple weeks ago (flying, well, one flight).

What I can confirm, last night was messed up!! I spent almost 2 hours dealing with... sleep thingies. They were shocked that I could move my arms and even speak a little. Their leader then rounded them up and they left just before dawn.

So maybe TPTB turned up the HAARP juices to screw with us. Or we passed through a bubble of magnetic flux that did a number on those who are more aware? Like I said, for me, it was messed up.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
See Van Gogh's "The Origin of the Work of Art," connected with Martin Heidegger. A pair of worn out shoes, or the person walking in the wilderness to find truth. Then, go read the Diamond Sutra opening paragrapsh (even the entire work), but at least four lines you can understand. In the opening, just four lines is all you need.

Thus I have heard. At one time the Buddha was staying
in the Jeta Grove of the Garden of the Benefactor of
Orphans and the Solitary together with a gathering of
great bhikùus, twelve hundred fifty in all.
At that time, at meal time, the World Honored One
put on his robe, took up his bowl, and entered the great
city of øràvastã to beg for food. After he had finished his
sequential begging within the city, he returned, ate the
food, put away his robe and bowl, washed his feet, arranged
his seat, and sat down.

You put on a robe to leave for this world. The robe is your body. Your bowl is the mind. Eating is learning. Rest in Aletheia is the race of an Athlete. You were seeing through as the dweller on the threshold if I were guessing. Read the Sutra, you might be surprised what you find hidden in symbolism. The universe is connected. I firmly believe we are in more locations than Earth. How many worlds are there? We are all likely in each of them at the same time, yet never away from where we start.

Thus I have heard. Those words are the first of the Six Requirements.
It is essential that all who lecture or read Såtras
be quite familiar with the Six Requirements which are: belief,
hearing, time, host, place, and audience.
1. Thus is the, requirement of belief,
2. I have heard is the requirement of hearing,
3. At one time is the requirement of time,
4. The Buddha is the requirement of a host,
5. In øràvastã in the Jeta Grove of the Garden of
the Benefactor of Orphans and the Solitary is the requirement
of a place,

What is the truth hidden in these scriptures? To know, you must look at right angles to the symbolism. I just sowed you the first few lines. Ask about any others you find. QUESTions bring answers.

edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

To tag on more hints... OP.

Robert Anton Wilson alludes, talks about, draws parallels, speaks in metaphor about, shares personal examples, etc. And just when you think you got it... a joke to make you question everything again.

Disrobed. Unarmed. Food. Unmasked. All are related terms!

Zen koans (remember to laugh!) also help.

OP, welcome to your journey!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yes, yes and again yes.

The Synchronicity of Life Arises

Now bring me a question so I can birth a child.

Koan Humor
edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Indeed, who are we to assume?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

Love this subject. Lately, when I have lucid dreams I immediately want to start flying and generally just float around rooms as if I were in the space station. I did interact with a group once in a park like setting and was teching them how to fly, doing barrel rolls and such. So I tend to test "abilities" when I become lucid in dreams.

I have had some interesting conversations though, once there was this guy that everyone in the dream was saying I need to talk with. He looked like the guy who was the brother of Rockys girlfriend from the first movie. He told me that I had a blood related disease. I asked if it was contagious and he said no. Two weeks later, my doctor told me I had diabetes. At the time I was in my early 30's, about 15% body fat and played full-court basketball regularly. There was no history of diabtets in my family, so this was a real shocker. That lucid dream episode played a big part in my current spiritual thinking.

Thanks for the reply.

I too like to fly around in my lucid dreams. My fave thing to do lately is to annoy someone into chasing me, i then run quickly around the corner of a 4-storey building and immediately fly to the roof once around the corner. I find it amusing to peek over and watch them hurtle around the corner seconds later to find no sign of me, they look around puzzled and wonder where i went. They think I've just vanished into thin air lol.

top topics

join