It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender weightlifter sparks criticism after competition Win/Every right to compete with women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
While her eligibility passed the International Olympic Committee's criteria, Hubbard's win was met with criticism from Australian competitors who believe a transgender athlete in the female weightlifting category was not an equal playing field.

HAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
How's that equality feeling, feminists?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

While her eligibility passed the International Olympic Committee's criteria, Hubbard's win was met with criticism from Australian competitors who believe a transgender athlete in the female weightlifting category was not an equal playing field.

HAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
How's that equality feeling, feminists?

She's a she. PERIOD. no feminist would be mad at this story. Im glad she finally got to compete as her real sex.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milehigh
She's a she. PERIOD. no feminist would be mad at this story. Im glad she finally got to compete as her real sex.

Hubbard was born the son of former Auckland mayor Dick Hubbard

Human biology would disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hubbard was born the son of former Auckland mayor Dick Hubbard

Human biology would disagree with you.

Actually no, biology corroborates it. Glad for her. True example of inspiration

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Bahahaha,yeah,mmmm. Still a guy really ain't it,I mean he...she? My head hurts.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Bahahaha,yeah,mmmm. Still a guy really ain't it,I mean he...she? My head hurts.

What is so complicated? Shes a she, there is no he here just a she. Shes a woman.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

You're confused. He was born a male no? Decided to be a female. I don't think its diddle just dropped off and it grew boobs,do you?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You're confused. He was born a male no? Decided to be a female. I don't think its diddle just dropped off and it grew boobs,do you?

Sex is in your mind, he was always a female.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

For real source
au.news.yahoo.com...

Thanks. I was able to read both your and rickymouse's links.

Oh I see, the post is poor quality, because of what?

Precisely for the reasons I said. Lack of your own input or opinion. Sort of like posting a video with no or minimal comment. Plus I'm fairly certain you posted because it's controversial and figured a lot of like-minded people would chime in and agree with you. Finally, it's questionable if this should have been in the Social Issues forum rather than Above Politics since I don't see you mentioning politics at all.

How do trans threads go?

Typically, they are full of outrage, antagonistic comments, people spouting ignorant opinions and saying snarky things to seem cute. Can you really say that if you were a trans person, that you wouldn't perceive some of the comments and attitudes in this thread negatively or as mocking? (And this one is pretty tame by most standards)

And it seems you disagree with the majority of replies therefore making it 'click bait'.

Have I disagreed with anyone? The first thing I posted was that I thought this person competing in the women's class was wrong because it's obviously an unequal match up. Natal/biological males that have transitioned and compete as women is problematic in my opinion because SOME, not all of them may have latent physical advantages that 12 months of testosterone monitoring can't fully assess.

People can learn more about sports and transgender people by visiting TransAthlete.com

Don't make the mistake of assuming that I'm automatically on-board with all these policies or the trans PC narrative just because. You might be surprised to find out what a bigot I can be? People can be outraged all they want but there's really no reason to be disrespectful or demeaning to an entire group of people in the process.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That's completely idiotic.
"Male" and "female" are not mental constructs, they're biological facts. A man can't wake up one day and decide he's going to get pregnant from another man because he happens to feel like a woman that day.
Nobody believes the nonsense you're trying to push.

And by the way, there are also people who believe they're animals. Are you going to say "Oh, well since this guy thinks he's a labrador retriever, he isn't a human being, he's a dog." No, you'll recognize that he's mentally ill.
edit on 3/21/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

"Male" and "female" are not mental constructs, they're biological facts. A man can't wake up one day and decide he's going to get pregnant from another man because he happens to feel like a woman that day.

You think this woman felt like a woman just some days of the week? Get a grip this isnt ISIS's Syria or the middle age. She is a woman and was born one, things went haywire biologically and she ended up with a man's body.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

comparing tans people to people who think they are labradors? Im sure youre that kind who also compares homosexuals with pedophiles.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Good post,it will fall on deaf ears though,you know this. Maybe its a form of genetic drift....some people weeding themselves out if the gene pool?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Yes, sex is very much in the mind... but the body is still originally constructed male. That differs from female construction. I never have had a problem with trans folks.. dont look in my bedroom windows and I wont look in yours sort of thing. I judge folks on their integrity.. not who theyre screwing or who they were. Saying that.. Im a competitive athlete and have been for a looong time. No, women compete in womens sports because our muscle mass, composition, location and length of tendons differ, location of attachment and mass of muscle tissue, etc give us a level playing field to compete with those constructed like us and similar abilities and limitations.
When this story first came out I too was rather annoyed...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Just call it what is is. ......A cheater

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Yeah,what a winner.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Oh. .my. God. It is a man that wants to be a woman,very easy to understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

She is not trying anything, she IS a woman

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
one of my best friends is trans.
and we both think this is ridiculous lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I haven't commented in something like five years, but I've had to come out of hibernation to take issue with this.

Gender is not biological sex. Gender is a social construct whereas biology is innate. In fact, we should really stop interchanging the terms "gender" and "sex" in order to avoid confusion.

I have no problem with people deciding they don't feel like the "gender" that society has constructed for them, and I don't have a problem with people going through sex change operations to have their biology more closely match the gender they identify with. But let's not be willfully ignorant for the sake of maintaining a position on an argument.

The socio-cultural problems we're facing these days stem directly from people's unwillingness to examine things critically. We are willing to form a protest mob and shout down people with a differing position without really examining that position.

The OP is a great example of why we have to actually consider multiple sides of an issue. Again, I don't have a problem with an individual doing as they please in terms of gender, sex, and sexuality, but clearly there are real scenarios in which our desire to be ultra politically correct can have complex, unforeseen effects. Pretending this isn't the case is not only naive but also unhelpful--we need concrete ideas and solutions, not fantasy land denial and delusion.

ETA: Almost 4 years (not 5) since I posted

edit on 3/22/2017 by yadda333 because: Fixed a mistake

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join