It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender weightlifter sparks criticism after competition Win/Every right to compete with women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There she is, kicking rears and drinking beers.

He transitioned in his mid 30's. And passed all the international Olympics committees criteria, so there you go. She (past he) is a winner.

The performance puts Hubbard in line for selection at the 2017 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.

While her eligibility passed the International Olympic Committee's criteria, Hubbard's win was met with criticism from Australian competitors who believe a transgender athlete in the female weightlifting category was not an equal playing field.

Hubbard was born the son of former Auckland mayor Dick Hubbard and has previously competed at a national level in men's weightlifting as Gavin Hubbard.

She transitioned in her mid-30s and recent improvements have lifted her to a lofty women's ranking.

edit on 21-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, of course, we all want to know, Does she shave her pits and Manscape, I mean Womanscape......Transcape????

Clearly in the future, we will need to introduce 2 new levels of competition......

Male Competition..

Female Competition..

Trans Male to Female Competition..

Trans Female to Male Competition..

Can a Trans Female to Male Weightlifter, claim discrimination because she, I mean He, has to lift the same weights as a Male, even tho He or is it she, has the bone structure and muscularity of a woman? (unless she is a Williams brother, I mean sister)

Those Damn Hormones did it......

My head hurts, time to lie down.....

What a Wonderful Worldt.....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I would imagine the male to female trans sports would be more popular than female to male. Either way, too few athletes.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What about the men who identify as women who identify as men.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Ah Yes, ...And, and then marry a woman, who thinks she's a man, but still has her woman bits to become a pregnant man, ...woman...person.

Thanks myselfaswell.......glad we cleared that up....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
all joking aside and yes it funny in a omg sortie way .
all this needs to stop get all teh hormon treatments you want what ever sex you were born is the sex you must compeat with . Dont like that dont compeat .
a sex changed man is just a wolf in womens clothing underneath the skin his mussels and bones are still a man cut him up add boobs but until he can give birth he is not a she ( and yes some shes cant but taht is a defect )
btw a fetes could be carried by a man the first trimester But no matter what tek you gte he could never have a baby born natrial

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What I don't get is to compete she or he has to have less than a certain amount of testosterone in the body for 12 months. But what about the 25+ years he/she still had normal male testosterone? So he was able to grow to a mans size then reduce his test levels and compete with women? Rediculous...
edit on 21-3-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Guess only participation trophies can save the day...
edit on 21-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am so tired of this pc gotta pray to the trans fog shat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Talk about cheating. I wonder if that was the plan all the time?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Qualified answer: This is clearly just wrong.

Qualifications: Provided upon request (for those that don't know)

Additional comments:

There's no need to disparage all transgender people as a whole just because some are a-holes, idiots and jerks.

OP, your external source doesn't have a link and shouldn't have used quote tags

OP, your OP is little more than clickbait

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Well, of course, we all want to know, Does she shave her pits and Manscape, I mean Womanscape......Transcape????

Clearly in the future, we will need to introduce 2 new levels of competition......

Male Competition..

Female Competition..

Trans Male to Female Competition..

Trans Female to Male Competition..

Can a Trans Female to Male Weightlifter, claim discrimination because she, I mean He, has to lift the same weights as a Male, even tho He or is it she, has the bone structure and muscularity of a woman? (unless she is a Williams brother, I mean sister)

Those Damn Hormones did it......

My head hurts, time to lie down.....

What a Wonderful Worldt.....

You totally confused me with your post. I kept getting lost in the transitions

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Qualified answer: This is clearly just wrong.

Qualifications: Provided upon request (for those that don't know)

Additional comments:

There's no need to disparage all transgender people as a whole just because some are a-holes, idiots and jerks.

OP, your external source doesn't have a link and shouldn't have used quote tags

OP, your OP is little more than clickbait

There are many different articles about this on the net. www.washingtontimes.com... He should have posted which one he was getting info from. It seems a lot of sport people are pissed at this.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Which one is the transgender?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Good catch, thanks.
www.mercurynews.com...

It is click bait becasue you happen to have a differing opinion. My comments did not disparage trans, where did you get that?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The person who won.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The one that still looks blokey. What a fkn joke the world is today. If you can't piss while standing up,and aim it higher than your shoulders against a wall.. You are a girl,the end.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Freija

Good catch, thanks.
www.mercurynews.com...

It is click bait becasue you happen to have a differing opinion. My comments did not disparage trans, where did you get that?

First of all, your link is wrong but thanks for trying. Secondly, I addressed two comments specifically to you, neither of which said you were disparaging trans people so where did you get that?

Finally, you know as well as I do how transgender topics go around here. Adding to the further clickbaityness of your post are just two short sentences of you own original material. I'm sure your thread will be good for stars and flags but it's really a poor quality post and I know you can do better.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For real source
au.news.yahoo.com...

Oh I see, the post is poor quality, because of what? How do trans threads go?

And it seems you disagree with the majority of replies therefore making it 'click bait'.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

What about the men who identify as women who identify as men.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join