It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the feminists think Wonder Woman should have hairy armpits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What a weird conversation. If I think it is weird, then it is really weird.

Yeah, you werent here yrs ago for the huge circumcision conversation thread.. I think it may have hit the record for being closed down and opened back up repeatedly.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

This is why I am not a feminist.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I went out with a beautiful but naturally hairy hippy chick for a year or so. It didn't phase me at all.
Human social conditioning is all, you only speak for blokes and lesbians who share your particular conditioning.

You're right. Much if it has to do with selling $15 razor blades or hair lasering too. Unless I want pain, I have to shell out $10-15 for a razor and about $5 for shaving cream in a pink container that has the word SILK somehere, but the end result is not normally SILK.

I don't like the look of underarm hair or leg hair on myself. Being very fair, not much grows. Once a week is more than enough shaving. Unless I am wearing a dress or armless shirt, then I will shave right before I wear those things.

But, I don't scrutinize the hair content of other females. I doubt it effects hygiene in any way if they don't shave. The hair is there for a reason. It is up to the individual.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Does this mean third wave feminists physically smell bad as well as having rotten personalities?

I'm genuinely curious. I've never met one in the flesh before, they seem to be a rare, almost mythical breed. Thank God too.

I am not against shaving, but why are people under the impression that hair would cause odor? If someone showers daily and uses deodorant, there should not be extra odor. In this day and age there is 48 HOUR deodorant. It also takes longer for women to grow underarm hair than men and most could never attain the hair I have sen in men's legs.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Are you a woman ?

It's funny what we project on people in our own mind.

Wow...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Ohanka
Does this mean third wave feminists physically smell bad as well as having rotten personalities?

I'm genuinely curious. I've never met one in the flesh before, they seem to be a rare, almost mythical breed. Thank God too.

I am not against shaving, but why are people under the impression that hair would cause odor? If someone showers daily and uses deodorant, there should not be extra odor. In this day and age there is 48 HOUR deodorant. It also takes longer for women to grow underarm hair than men and most could never attain the hair I have sen in men's legs.

Because the hair offers a home to bacteria so it can breed. It stinks.

Google it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Are you a woman ?

Wow...

No, I am a guy.
But I am not a feminist.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Are you a woman ?

Wow...

No, I am a guy.
But I am not a feminist.

I was shocked for a minute...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here :

Your hair can enhance the odor. It's actually not the actual sweat from apocrine glands that creates that smell. Stench-causing bacteria happens to be attracted to that particular sweat, says Bowe. And once they break down the fats in apocrine sweat, the stay-away-from-me aroma appears. The more hair you have, the more surface area bacteria has to cling to, which keeps the smell so pungent, says Bowe.

why you stink

And now you know why the Skunk Ape is called the SKUNK Ape.. voila.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Agreed, and in my beautiful hippy chick experience her hair was still way more feminine than mine, soft, and a part of her sense of freedom.

Luckily we have soap and running hot water where I live, even showers, so the stinky argument wasn't an issue.

She was sweet smelling in her naturally hairy form, heck we are still deep friends, I'd still be with her now if I'd wanted a child as she did.
'nother story for another place...
edit on 21.3.2017 by grainofsand because: stupid auto correct

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: reldra

Agreed, and in my beautiful hippy chicken experience her hair was still way more feminine than mine, soft, and a part of her sense of freedom.

Luckily we have soap and running hot water where I live, even showers, so the stinky argument wasn't an issue.

She was sweet smelling in her naturally hairy form, heck we are still deep friends, I'd still be with her now if I'd wanted a child as she did.
'nother story for another place...

Yeah, one of my cousins was one of those free loving hippies. He smelled like a freaking goat. My grandmother took after him with a broom to get him off of her couch after he expained he hadnt washed off is "protective body oils" ( I swear thats what he said) in several weeks cause he wanted to be protected hitchhiking from the sun and etc.

Yep.. gotta love a hippy. The chics loved native guys back then.. he was in it for the smosh smosh.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I guess your experiences are different to mine.
My hippy chick washed and showered as I do.
She is still beautiful, hairy, and sweet smelling...We hugged only yesterday.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Amy Schumer does a comedy lick called 'Mostly Sexy Stuff', laughariot about shaving 'down there'.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
this is why i struggle to take a lot of this crap seriously :

REAL injustice and inequality is rampant throught the world [ at differing levels ]

but somehow the " grooming " of a fictional character is now an " issue "

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Next they also want her to have a muffin top, square head and short hair.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Are you a woman ?

Wow...

It is indeed...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Of course Wonder Woman should have hairy armpits, she's a amazon princess, it would be stupid otherwise. And they cut one of their boobs off to better handle their bows... I wouldn't play that....

If she's an Amazon princess, she should also be missing her left breast because it interferes with archery. Just sayin'. She should also go topless all the time too.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
I have other things waxed in pretty aesthetically pleasing ways.

Oh god, the things you women do...

plucking eye brows, waxing in brazil, putting up with men.

You should all be 10 foot tall and armoured...

Oo

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Peeple

Of course Wonder Woman should have hairy armpits, she's a amazon princess, it would be stupid otherwise. And they cut one of their boobs off to better handle their bows... I wouldn't play that....

If she's an Amazon princess, she should also be missing her left breast because it interferes with archery. Just sayin'. She should also go topless all the time too.

And an invisible plane and a magic lasso of truth.

Lasso of truth, can you imagine us blokes being forced to tell the truth?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Hair in armpits gets skanky smelling. Hair holds the stink.
I consider myself a feminist (old school equality), I shave. That said, it would be weird if my husband shaved his pits, when he's stinky, I just keep a healthy distance ...

Your hubby doesn't manscape? Nothing wrong with a little manscaping for the ladies....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join