It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches in the USA are DEAD

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is it hopeless looking for the needle in the haystack here in the USA. Dead churchs are left and right, up and down the streets. I want to find Holy Spirit FILLED Christians and it is like a needle in a haystack. I am beyond frustrated, tired of only have blind people as well to ask about these things. No one seems to know what a living church is. Where is the power? I think it would be better looking for real Christians over in Saudi Arabia or Afganistan or some place where Christian hypocrisy is not so rampant.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I agree, it's hard. I have found 2 in New England. They don't teach dogma and BS, just Christian Love. The majority of churches are so stuck in their ways, that they mask the good ones out there.

It's like dating. You didn't marry your first girlfriend, just keep looking.

C

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CollectSecretHistory

The Spirit might have gone out of the world if it is the end times. At least, that is what I was taught and read.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

it's easy to be a christian in places where christianity enjoys the majority. but in those countries where they aren't, and there is persecution, then that persecution most likely has weeded out the non-believers and luke warm believers so the churches are much stronger in faith.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is why, though I keep wanting to go to church, I don't yet.

It used to be that going to church when you were hurting and imperfect was the right idea.

Now, one has to be prepared to convert the people inside the church before ever going... That requires being more perfect than I am yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wish the pursuit of science and technology were just as potent as some people making time to go to religous services. If only the world was focused on giving us the knowledge to expand our reaches beyond the solar system to new heights.

Im dreaming i know but I couldnt help but make a post about it.

Religious services today i believe is all about greed and power and no longer about helping a fellow man/woman towards enligtenment but provided with a temporary empty uplifting moment that goes away as soon as you get back home. At least in my opinion

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Seek and you will find en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

The only problem with that is that technology is never going to grant a full-blooded mankind salvation. A temporary release in endorphines because of new science and/or tech progress will never take the place of coming to terms with life and death and one's own necessity for salvation and the love for other people.

This is why the need for a good fellowship... But just as the relationship between a man and a woman has been redefined, so has the relationship between mankind and God. Therefore, the fellowship of Christians which becomes stagnant because of comfort turns into arguments over nonsense and gossips about someone else's lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

and, you expect the people in the church to show you the way to that perfection? you can find god anywhere, in any church, at home, in bed in your pajamas.. people can tell you about god, truth or lies, but it's not them that "converts you"... that is something that god can only do..
and well, who knows, maybe you are just the light that god has decided is needed to spark a fire in that dead church or maybe you will find that it isn't as dead as you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
go to a Pentacostal Church and trust that it'll be lively. Google one for nearby locations, you won't be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

and, you expect the people in the church to show you the way to that perfection? you can find god anywhere, in any church, at home, in bed in your pajamas.. people can tell you about god, truth or lies, but it's not them that "converts you"... that is something that god can only do..
and well, who knows, maybe you are just the light that god has decided is needed to spark a fire in that dead church or maybe you will find that it isn't as dead as you think?

No, I don't. My first post explains that I don't. It also agrees with the second half of your response.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
go to a Pentacostal Church and trust that it'll be lively. Google one for nearby locations, you won't be disappointed.

Lively doesn't mean Holy Spirit-filled. Talking in tongues and rolling around on the floor does not equate to the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues as He translates through another person - which may not happen much because of the abuse by other spirits on that aspect of Scripture.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

As you treat the least of these so too do you treat me, look to the poor people, the down trodden christian's in the poor part of town, the people whom dig out all they earn themselves to help those around them not expecting any reward other than the good they do and the guy with only one coat because he gave his other to the poor guy (Christian or not) that had non.

You see the preacher whom walk's past the poor guy and get's into that limousine of his, brags on TV about what he got done here or there and pays off his ex wife's alimony with money he borrow's from his church then you are seeing a very clever wolf in sheep's clothing no matter how many call him a christian or how powerful his oratory is.

Christ did not shout at his congregation, the only time he blew his anger was casting the money changers and merchant's out of the temple.

If you want the holy spirit then he want's you but sometime's putting our hand out to God in the right way is not the way we want to and it has to be on his term's not our's despite motivational speakers with massive bank account's.

But if you truly believe and gather with other's whom are also gathering in the name of the TRUE Jesus then he is there also.

I can tell you what I know but like a bad doctor to confess my hypocrisy I am bad at taking my own medicine also but he is there, I know it and you are looking for him while he is right there with you right now.

Seek and Ye shall find.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

He certainly got annoyed with His own disciples, though. "What are you thinking?" "How long will I have to suffer this generation?"

But God has every right to those feelings.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory
Is it hopeless looking for the needle in the haystack here in the USA. Dead churchs are left and right, up and down the streets. I want to find Holy Spirit FILLED Christians and it is like a needle in a haystack. I am beyond frustrated, tired of only have blind people as well to ask about these things. No one seems to know what a living church is. Where is the power? I think it would be better looking for real Christians over in Saudi Arabia or Afganistan or some place where Christian hypocrisy is not so rampant.

And they have been for quite a while. Prosperity Gospel, Money worshiping hustlers, and social club churches are everywhere. I have not been in a church in ages because of this and other issues. There are many "Sunday" people who are oblivious.

I have found that self study on Youtube is the best resource. It is rare to find anyone who is knowledgeable and this includes many so called pastors.

Alan Horvath is a very good teacher:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: CollectSecretHistory

And they have been for quite a while. Prosperity Gospel, Money worshiping hustlers, and social club churches are everywhere. I have not been in a church in ages because of this and other issues. There are many "Sunday" people who are oblivious.

I have found that self study on Youtube is the best resource. It is rare to find anyone who is knowledgeable and this includes many so called pastors.

Self study in the Bible and on YouTube is good. I have also found study by actively interacting with people in town, rich, poor, and in between, can be even more enlightening. Maybe not in town for some; even online is a help.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Here is an example:

edit on 21-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Meh, he said lively, how much more lively can you get? Christian rock bands?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

When Jesus rejected the Kingdom of David (ruler from Jerusalem), he rejected the false premise his old desire as Lord was built upon. The entire reason he rejected rule over this kingdom was his humility to become human, honoring the Father he had previously left unrealized from his heart. Who took the Kingdom of David, the very reason the church is a crumbling temple?

ROME

There is a reason the outer church crumbles. There is a reason crowns have thorns, which is why the Lord of the NT was polar opposite to his lower self (Yama / Yahweh). I explain much of this in my threads and posts. Look there.

YOU are the Living Word. The Bible is a shadow of our own collective mind (LORD / Ishvara). When you read about the Lord in the Old or New testament, you are reading about this:

Yama / Yahweh - Sub-conscious (ruler of the underworld). Yama means Self-Control.

Satan - Conscience / Accuser. Silenced for Yeshus / Joshua in Zechariah 3.

Manu - Adam / Mankind. Manu means "To Think."

The struggle between primordial Chaos (our lower nature) and Light (Our Higher nature) is outlined, along with the words I just showed you, from Hinduism.

What is the true Church? YOU!

John 4

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Roll that stone away. Come out of the tomb and enter the world to serve. The church is a false temple, used only to negate the false and counterfeit priests of Rome. Babylon falls because of this. Come out of Egypt. Overcome Babylon. This is all symbolic of the true Living Word and Temple of God--YOU!

God is found among the 'least of these.' Go serve in a soup kitchen on Sunday. Serve your family. Love others. Judge not. Jesus paid this for himself and us.

Genesis 9:6

Whoever sheds human blood,
by human hands HIS blood will be shed

Jesus rejected Rome. He rejected his own desire of the Kingdom of David and his old nature as Lord. It's the point of identifying the old nature. Even the Son of God has one to overcome. It's the mirror to our own walk in this life, hidden from those who fear Yahweh. Perfect Love overcomes fear.

Yahweh's old Nature

Isaiah 24

21 On that day Yahweh will punish heaven’s armies in heaven
and earth’s kings on earth.
22 They’ll be gathered like prisoners in a jail
and locked in prison.
After a long time they’ll be punished.
23 The moon will be embarrassed.
The sun will be ashamed,
because Yahweh Tsebaoth will rule
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem.
He will be glorious
in the presence of his respected leaders.

He is the scapegoat of his own essence and host (mankind). We each have an old nature to give up in order to find the Holy Spirit reserved for us from the beginning. The church must crumble. Rome must be overcome.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Meh, he said lively, how much more lively can you get? Christian rock bands?

If I am correct, I believe he/she meant lively as in having good, solid, godly, and energetic company - not necessarily being indirectly entertained.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join