It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftist And Globalist Calls For Multiculturalism Are Nonsensical

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Very Libertarian. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary associations, and the importance of individual judgment.
edit on 21-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Typical response from someone that cant take criticism when its due. You just shut people down and assume your opinions are always right. If that isnt a typical liberal i dont know what is.

You're damn right I'm going to shut someone down for lumping me into a group attack on the left that I'm not guilty of doing.

Stop generalizing the right then. You have no right to do so even if you were right on point. You can try but it isnt fact

I'm not generalizing the right. I'm pointing out that the OP wrote a biased thread using a biased source and I'm alluding that this isn't the only one of these types of threads on ATS. At no point, however, have I lumped the OP's actions in with the rest of the right.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Typical response from someone that cant take criticism when its due. You just shut people down and assume your opinions are always right. If that isnt a typical liberal i dont know what is.

You're damn right I'm going to shut someone down for lumping me into a group attack on the left that I'm not guilty of doing.

Stop generalizing the right then. You have no right to do so even if you were right on point. You can try but it isnt fact

I'm not generalizing the right. I'm pointing out that the OP wrote a biased thread using a biased source and I'm alluding that this isn't the only one of these types of threads on ATS. At no point, however, have I lumped the OP's actions in with the rest of the right.

More importantly what article have you found regarding this matter that isn't biased? They all are going to be biased one way of the other whether you like it or not. It would be nice to look past the obvious and create a real discussion out of the remainder if there is any.

Reading comprehension is fine. Stop making assumptions and all is well.
edit on 21-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Analogies with wild animals do not the case make. It's a simple fact people can and do mix well, have done for hundreds of years but all according to circumstances. You could argue that the last few decades may have been too much too soon, combined with an unprecedented number of displaced refugees, (don't forget that thousands of those have died in a bid for freedom) But this lefty righty crap is just that...crap.
You could also use the same tone in reverse if you wanted to salve your conscience because of inner bias against other peoples, just blame the other lot...easy peasy. That's what the link is about, blame your own bias on others...kids stuff dressed up as adult.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Multiculturalism is it's own culture.

It takes a genius to claim a one world government would be bad, because it has never been done, and every time that gets closer things change dramatically. It takes a genius to know what's going to happen on Thursday at this point.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

More importantly what article have you found regarding this matter that isn't biased? They all are going to be biased one way of the other whether you like it or not. It would be nice to look past the obvious and create a real discussion out of the remainder if there is any.

That's why you don't make a thread where you pretend to speak for the other side. If you want to make a thread to discuss the actions of the opposite political spectrum it helps to present it in a questioning tone or defer to someone from that side's opinion on the matter.

Well then you need to read my words more carefully because you've already mistaken my words and thought I was blanket attacking the right when I wasn't. Which, ironically, is YOU making an assumption about me.

(post by YouSir removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That's why you don't make a thread where you pretend to speak for the other side. If you want to make a thread to discuss the actions of the opposite political spectrum it helps to present it in a questioning tone or defer to someone from that side's opinion on the matter.

Well then you need to read my words more carefully because you've already mistaken my words and thought I was blanket attacking the right when I wasn't. Which, ironically, is YOU making an assumption about me.

Obviously I would make a guess he wasn't attempting to speak for the other side. Only the OP could make that determination and not you. You assumed he was. Thats your own fault. Maybe he was who knows. You have yet to offer an opinion regarding the topic.

Regardless of what you think I read I moot. Interpretation of statements and sentences is varied by any one person.

We go at this all day/ everyday if you want to. I don't mind. Or can you / I agree to disagree and leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Dude. I don't need the OP's words to know he was strawmanning the left. I read his source article, which is one big strawman. And I HAVE offered an opinion on the OP. It is a strawman, thus undeserving of an intelligent critique on it. Fallacious arguments should be immediately discarded from consideration.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
OK, the author has laid out the scenario that in order to achieve a “new world order” system that is rooted in collectivist suppression of individual liberty that an intentional erosion of society is in progress.... designed and being implemented to achieve an outcome which will turn our nations into a world police state.

Seems backwards. Multiculturalism is letting people be who they are. How is that suppression of individual liberty?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Dude. I don't need the OP's words to know he was strawmanning the left. I read his source article, which is one big strawman. And I HAVE offered an opinion on the OP. It is a strawman, thus undeserving of an intelligent critique on it. Fallacious arguments should be immediately discarded from consideration.

Unfortunately for you there are many people who would disagree, make it the same case all you want to. You are only digging a hole you will be buried in figuratively.

like you its your opinion. Congrats.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: snowspirit

Very Libertarian. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary associations, and the importance of individual judgment.

I guess that's why it makes sense to me. A political test told me that I'm a libertarian anarchist.
Which is still way on the left, which is why I hate the paradigm of "leftists are bad".

Europe did their mass invasion in such a way that it destabilized everything. You can't just say "middle east people, our borders are open". That created chaos, homelessness, anger. Tents in the winter. It was done in the stupidest of ways.

The US news media creates division by getting different types of people to hate one another's values.

People think Canada has open borders because we voted 85% liberal in the last election, because Harper was trying to go the way of division, prisons for profit, three strike rule, he was trying to be dictatorish.
Canada tries to cap immigration, to what can be handled by housing, education - too cold for tent cities. If immigrants get violent, and refuse to fit in, they're deported.
Trudeau only said "come to canada" as a way of showing that he's not like Trump, a photo op, I heard almost no immigration this year, because of our lacking housing, infrastructure for too many at a time.

We have that fit in, be non aggressive, adopt the Cdn way type of rule. We are quite multicultural here, it's the only way we keep up our population. Sometimes there are problems still, but not too bad.
I watch the US media often, it promotes the opposite.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Unfortunately for you there are many people who would disagree, make it the same case all you want to. You are only digging a hole you will be buried in figuratively.

like you its your opinion. Congrats.

How is it unfortunate for me that you can make a bandwagon appeal (also a logical fallacy) that a bunch of people believe the OP's strawman fallacy? Popular opinion doesn't make a strawman true, buddy. You should go restudy logic.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No bias in this statement :/sarc (title of article)

Leftist And Globalist Calls For Multiculturalism Are Nonsensical

Did you research the author? Did you read any of his other articles?

I have to know the author and where he's coming from before I can proceed with this article.

He says this in one of them:

As my readers know well, I have been warning since before the election that the Fed would use a Trump presidency as an opportunity to pull the plug on near-zero interest rates and remove a primary pillar supporting stock markets — stock buybacks made possible by free overnight loans to numerous banks and corporations. Without QE and low interest rates the equities bubble will inevitably implode. www.alt-market.com...

And there's kind of a Doom's Day survivalist thing - - setting up "Barter Groups" across the country.

As I have always said, economic collapse is a process, not a singular moment in time. This process lulls the masses into complacency. You can show them warning sign after warning sign, but most of them have no concept of what a collapse is. They are waiting for a cinematic moment of revelation, a financial explosion, when really, the whole disaster is happening in slow motion right under their noses. Economies do not explode, they drown as the water rises one inch at a time. www.alt-market.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I do not agree with this article.

People, in general, tend to get along and accept each other. Until you bring politics and other outside forces into it.

There should be standard secular law that everyone must follow. What you do on your own time, is your own.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Popular opinion is popular opnion and no one said it makes things true nor did i state it as such. Reading comprehension issues as you would like to call it for your own faults. You should try to offer some constructive insight to replying to topics with some depth instead of writing off a post you deem unworthy because you say so as if you held any weight or authority. You are also free to do as you wish. Everything has a reaction like myself questioning your validity.

But hey you're knees deep into convincing everyone here im an idiot. Please continue your epic struggle. I will be cheering you on.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, the article proposes the same solution but calls it “Non-Aggression Principle.”.

Probably easier to swallow by the religious right than "standard secular law". It is what most western countries use.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I do not agree with this article.

People, in general, tend to get along and accept each other. Until you bring politics and other outside forces into it.

There should be standard secular law that everyone must follow. What you do on your own time, is your own.

You do not agree with this?

Globalists see themselves as social architects, and an architect cannot function if his building materials will not cooperate. Globalism is impotent without the ability to impose will and the ability to undermine practical divisions between ideological opposites.

Globalists seek to irritate existing divisions and trigger chaos between groups because ultimately, they want to demonize the very concept of tribalism and make way for a one world ideal that fits THEIR agenda.

Globalists prefer an outcome in which traditional values are erased and replaced with a “new world order” mindset; a system that is rooted in collectivist suppression of individual liberty, where freedom is exchanged for “harmony;” one global tribe worshiping one global god — the state.

Tribalism in the name of sovereignty and free society is an impassable wall to globalization. Their only option is to utilize and exploit groups that are anti-liberty as a weapon against existing societies that still have some basis in sovereignty.
edit on 21-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Seems everyone reading the article is reading it differently. What stood out to me, was the idea that "left is bad" and yet

Liberty proponents like myself would point out that there is an underlying principle within natural law that could solve many of the problems that arise between groups with differing world views without sacrificing everything to join a one-world collectivist hive mind. That rule would be the “Non-Aggression Principle.” To summarize, the non-aggression principle holds that no person or group has the right to impose their beliefs or will on another person or group. The only time force of action is warranted is in self defense and the defense of innocents.

Libertarians are left.
So left is bad and left is good. There's left and the other left. 🙄
Makes me feel like screaming sometimes. Y'all with your frikken left and right paradigms..

Can't people just get along? Be curious about one another's cultures, cuisines, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You do not agree with this?

Globalists seek to irritate existing divisions and trigger chaos between groups because ultimately, they want to demonize the very concept of tribalism and make way for a one world ideal that fits THEIR agenda.

I don't. I see the religious right pushing harder in that direction than any other group in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join