It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Any Black People Mentioned In The Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

pretty sure it was more about tribes then the color of your skin in biblical times...

Though there is a certain racial meme spreading lately

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedymanl

Can you provide me actual evidence anyone who died at least two centuries ago really existed? Something tangible?

Here is the mummified corpse of a Lama, or Tibetan Teacher...

Believed to be pulled from the ground, believed to be in a state called "tukdam", a deep state of spiritual meditation (I'm not buying it). He#'s 200 years old, look at him, he's real. I could have shown you named Egyptian Mummies, or even the Tollund Man, who was unearthed after being dead for around 2350 years but you specified 200 years, so here we are, a real person who died 2 Centuries ago.

Here's the story...

edit on 21/3/17 by djz3ro because: I forgot the pic of the crispy fella...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Don't even know if there was an historical Jesus to begin with but, care to know how the bible described him, real or not??
Hair of wool and skin like burnished bronze, so if there is a second coming then keep a look out for a dark skinned woolly haired male about 30.

Ok, it's time I 'fess up, Jesus is here and is a friend of mine, last time I saw him he was Crowd Surfing at a Ministry gig, here he is at Bloodstock, I'd prefer to use the pic of him next to someone in a Cradle of Filth T-shirt but i think the language on the shirt breaks T&C's...

Oh Gordy, you sir, are a legend...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Jesus is mentioned.

The salt that is here and sure to come will be glorious. Good job, Phage.
edit on 21-3-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Nah, I don't believe it's him, I don't believe the story about him, just all made up.
I don't believe it, I want proof,

When you say "believed to be" you look silly, really really silly, beyond silly
You make a mockery of your own argument

It's just a body of a peasent dressed up to look like its old and important

This is stupid, your argument is stupid
edit on 21-3-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: D8Tee

Prove it.

Whenever a black person was in the bible they were called Ethiopian since they were the only blacks encountered by the Jews at that time in history.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Nah, I don't believe it's him, I don't believe the story about him, just all made up.
I don't believe it, I want proof,

When you say "believed to be" you look silly, really really silly, beyond silly
You make a mockery of your own argument

It's just a body of a pease t dressed up to look like its old and important

This is stupid, your argument is stupid

Theres more tangible proof of this Monk than there is of Jesus....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I don't believe it was a monk.
Prove it wasn't just a man in a monkey costume

He existed but who was it

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The problem is, there's lots of stories about Jesus, so people assume they know who he was when, in all liklihood he was an allegorical device.

Little is known about this man but what we have is a man who was dug up in a Monk's habit wrapped in animal skins. He's real, people can, and have, touched him. The people that have been touched by Jesus have been in a spiritual sense, nothing tangible...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I still don't believe it's a monk, how about you prove that first
So he is a man, where is the proof of anything, at least prove he was a monk not an American Indian sitting cross legged on holidays

I can prove no more Jesus existed than you can prove the assumed monk on display was a real monk, that you can prove anymore than he once lived is all you have

You have nothing, so go wee in someone else's pocket

You don't believe, I get that, so what. I do, get over yourself, your opinion holds no valid reason to me.
If I read a story about Napoleon, I decide if I believe or not, you make your own decissions and welcome to it

Stop Bitchin and moanin at me, believe don't, it's you who are responsible for what you decide. As I said, Christs teachings are real and tangible to me, that's enough

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Good, so you agree that jesus was prob not real either or at least it is impossible to prove that he existed and that the claims of his reported magical tricks is also impossible because we know that magic isn't real. I'm glad you finally came to your senses. I feel much better now.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So he is a man, where is the proof of anything, at least prove he was a monk not an American Indian sitting cross legged on holidays

I can prove no more Jesus existed than you can prove the assumed monk on display was a real monk, that you can prove anymore than he once lived is all you have

You don't believe, I get that, so what. I do, get over yourself, your opinion holds no valid reason to me.
If I read a story about Napoleon, I decide if I believe or not, you make your own decissions and welcome to it

Stop Bitchin and moanin at me, believe don't, it's you who are responsible for what you decide. As I said, Christs teachings are real and tangible to me, that's enough
Why are you such an angry christian?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I believe Jesus was an x-man, but somehow IM THE CRAZY ONE because I have just as much proof he was real at all, yet that theory is wildly accepted.

Can we talk more about how he walked on water, preformed on the spot alchemy, SILENCED THE OCEAN?, Copied food, revived the dead, defeated ghosts, and cured the blind, crippled, deaf and leprosy? Merely Divinity, 'Cause?

You guys think he was black?
I will take Alien for $1 Bob.
edit on 21-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why are you such an angry christian?

I think you missed all my other posts Woody
Not angry, just the way you are reading it, or maybe I don't realise that you and others are over sensitive to words

see he doesn't believe, I get that, I have no issues with that at all, why go on like he does
Why do you, why are you so sensitive to my words, do I scare you?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The people in the Bible are all white.

Here, look...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Almost all Christians are angry. It's passive aggression.

Should he be scared of you?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Satan is red in the bible. That's about as recent an addition as the white people though.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Um...I believe he's DEAD

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22039019]Raggedyman[/post

If you want to see the one who really is bitching and moaning go look in a mirror...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yes. Jesus for one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join