It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To where it will lead us.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

I assure you we will not be meeting 'at the end'.

Ouch!

I get, and already understood, frankly, that you don't have any interest in such a shared .. koinonia, and it's saddening in a way, that lack of friendship or the act of friendship in a spirit of mutuality to be so rudely rebuked. Noted.

You're mistaking my response as something personal, which was not intended. I was referring to the lack of existence of a god for the reason we will not meet at the end of time

If you consider the big crunch a possibility, or alternate universes, then you cannot deny the possibilty of meeting your opponent here in the end.

I do consider it a possibility. If by matter alone that they were referencing, then sure, our matter would eventually be closer than it is now. If they were referring to conciousness, then I would say that would be an impossibility if they chose death instead

I guess science will need to figure out what consciousness is lest we are like you and ascribe it to deity.

It's certainly something science needs to work on. I do like that Kerzweil posits relative percentages of understanding of the human brain in accordance to a timeline (I don't recall if I put those in the OP).

An understanding of conciousness would be a massive scientific achievement

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join