It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found Trump's real German name. It is Trumpf.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It was misreported as Drumpf. It's Trumpf. His grandpa was Friedrich Trumpf. There's a corporation called the Trumpf group.

In 1885, at age 16, Trump emigrated via Bremen, Germany, to the United States aboard the steamship Eider, departing on October 7[3]:32 and arriving at the Castle Garden Emigrant Landing Depot in New York City on October 19. U.S. immigration records list his name as "Friedr. Trumpf" and his occupation as "none".[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

There are similar names to Trumpf, such as Stumpf.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trump; March 14, 1869 – May 27, 1918)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trumpf; March 14, 1869 – May 27, 1918)

It's the 20th name from the top.

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 20-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

so papa changed his last name spelling, literately thousands of immigrants did this. also iirc the people at ellis island also did this to many names of the new immigrants.

is there some particular point your making about papa changing his name.
edit on 20-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

and this from your second link for the trumpf group,

Beginnings

In 1923, Christian Trumpf and two partners acquired Julius Geiger GmbH, a machine shop in Stuttgart. The company manufactured flexible shafts used in metal processing machines, amongst other applications, and motor-driven hand shears for cutting sheet metal. In 1933, the company moved to the Stuttgart suburb of Weilimdorf. During World War II, TRUMPF continued with the production of electric shears and flexible shafts. The production buildings remained undamaged.[8]

trumps papa had been dead for five years before the company was started.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Same name. Different persons.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

as i said in my first post, it was not uncommon for name spelling to be changed or it happen at eillis island.

We have all heard someone say that their family name was "changed by the inspectors at Ellis Island." Nowadays our names are recorded when we are born and are virtually never changed. You can still use any name you want as long as you do not intend to defraud but, in fact, with drivers' licenses, social security numbers, credit cards, etc., it is just too complicated to try to alter your name except through a court proceeding.
They Changed Our Name at Ellis Island Immigrant Names and Name Changes at Ellis Island

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trumpf; March 14, 1869 – May 27, 1918)

It's the 20th name from the top.

upload.wikimedia.org...

the "f" is missing in the wiki.

but....

03:05, 13 February 2017‎ 40.131.217.203 (talk)‎ . . (26,595 bytes) (+415)‎ . . (Provided quote + evidence of Blaire's contradiction on her account of Friedrich's surname. She accidentally refers to him as "Friedrich Drumpf" in a news interview, something an expert in Trump/Drumpf history wouldn't do unless there was some truth to it.) (undo) [accepted by Matt Deres]
edits

and

The immigration records list his name as Friedr. Trumpf, but sources including the genealogy organization [[FamilySearch]], a genealogist at [[About.com]], and the 2013 book ''America's Obsessives'' concluded that both his father and his aunt's surnames were Trump
compare errors

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey congrats! You read Wikipedia! How erudite of you!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
And his (not so) real Russian name is Trumpov.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Russian names typically end in in. It would be Trumpin. Female version would be Trumpina.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Good find, the Trump's integrated into American society by making their name easier for Americans. And they did it legally. If only every immigrant did it the way the Trumpfs did. Another +1 to The Donald and his family.
edit on 20-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The people ive met, -ov/-ova is much more common, but -in/-ina is around.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
And his (not so) real Russian name is Trumpov.

"Officially" Donald Frederickovich Trump

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Donald Frederickovich Trumpin

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm sure there's a point to this, somewhere?

Immigrants changed, and still do I suppose, their family names to better assimilate into American culture. Most of my family that arrived during the 18th and 19th centuries did. From German and Austrian spellings to English, from Welsh to English, as well. Nothing at all unusual about that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

German version of Smith is Schmidt. Many Smiths you see are actually Schmidts.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Sharapova is female version of Sharapov. There's a Ukrainian tennis player called Svitolina whose male version would be Svitolin. Putin is typical Russian name which ends in in.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think another part is that the person taking the name would just misspell it. So that became the new spelling. Sometimes the immigrant did not speak English, so did not know any better to correct it. Also, there are letters in other languages that are not in the English language, so they just have to do the best they can.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes, I know how Russian names work. I used to live there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join