It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump is skiing and We The People are footing the bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

President Donald Trump’s three oldest children, Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric, took off to Aspen, a Colorado ski-resort town, for a family vacation over the weekend that doubled up as a sibling's reunion after some time apart following their father’s election.

source

Trump isn't joining them (it might be cheaper), but 100 secret service agents are.

The presence of the first family in the resort town also saw Secret Service agents being stationed, a move that could cost the taxpayers quite a bit of money. While there were no hotel bills for Aspen in the Federal Procurement Data System, according to NBC News, the database showed a $12,208.25 contract by the Secret Service with Aspen Valley Ski/Snowboard Club for “recreational good rental/ski equipment lease.”

That's a lot of resources for an already expensive First Family (we paid for his sons to go to Dubai to open a golf resort, etc, etc.)

Amid Trump's budget cuts/downsizing comes some mention that this is starting to stretch the Secret Service a bit thin.

Former Secret Service agent and author Dan Emmett told Inside Edition: "There will be Secret Service agents going up on the chairlift, there will be Secret Service agents at the top of the slope and there will be Secret Service agents at the bottom of the slope. You can see on a 24/7 basis how intense these details become."

There are concerns that the Secret Service is being stretched too thin as it guards the president's children and grandchildren.

Agents already guard the White House as well as Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago, where the president, first lady Melania and youngest son Barron were over the weekend.

I suppose we should be glad they didn't got to Switzerland to ski.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
LOL

The 1% have all the luck don't they.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The government is the only agency that creates money. Money is not a problem for the government. That's why there is inflation all the time.

+52 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So let me just clarify your position...

You want the President's daughter to not take any holidays ever, or do You want her to be unprotected on holiday? Or is that you want a private citizen to fund the Secret Service in the act of doing their job?

I can't tell which you think would be fair.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I know right? Now that Donald is president, they all need to sit their happy asses down and watch TV like the rest of the plebes. Just because they are used to going on vacations doesn't mean they can still live their damn lives. HOW DARE THEY!!!

I for one and glad we have someone so worried about Presidents and vacations. Why, it's been EONS since we had a president who went golfing all the time, or took vacations to Hawaii. Thanks for keeping the Trumps honest.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So I am gathering that in the future we should ONLY elect a President if she or he does not have any living relatives?

It is what it is, in the times we are living in. We cannot expect his children to become targets, can we? Nor can we, expect them all to hide away and stop enjoying life because Trump became President.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I bet she'd trade that service for privacy any day. They probably can't hump without the SS standing there at the door let alone take a dump in privacy.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It look to me like you grip is that we are paying for security. Well that's part of the package. The kids live their life the SS does their thing. Probably it wouldn't be such a big deal if the liberals weren't praying for their dads death, and for someone to rape their mom.

The hate runs deep in America today so get use to the cost.

+44 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Where was your outrage when Malia Obama and her security detail went to Lollapalooza to watch her do drugs and twerk?

+19 more 
link   
And this never went on with Obama, or the Bush clan, or the Clintons?
Or with any other first family?

I'm sure the Trumps can afford lift tickets and lodging. The rest is standard protective fare
for high risk and high power families. What do you want, a riot?

You are wasting internet bandwidth. Good thing it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, just like your OP.

# 722

link   

Former Secret Service agent and author Dan Emmett told Inside Edition: "There will be Secret Service agents going up on the chairlift, there will be Secret Service agents at the top of the slope and there will be Secret Service agents at the bottom of the slope. You can see on a 24/7 basis how intense these details become."

And there will be SS agents going down the slope and up the slope and down the slope.
Very intense.
Some of these agents will go and write volumes after leaving the SS. Stay tuned, you will have much more to cry about

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Let's not forget too quickly, that Trump did forego a $400,000 a year salary, so perhaps he feels a little more entitled to spend from the $500,000 a year expense account?

Source

So while the taxpayer foots $900K a year in Presidential expenses, half of that is from an expense account, so no matter what, it's paid for. Without the extra $400K, he SAVED the taxpayers.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I remember a trip to Spain with two 747s and a boatload of people, SS agents included, all to help the former FL recreate....

This is the deal. We foot the bill for the ruling class. Happens every presidency. There are some First Families, however, that prefer the tropics and globe-trotting...and some who prefer cottages in Maine and ranches in Texas.

I just wish Congress would send ME on vacation somewhere...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Every time Obama went golfing, we footed the bill, too. Ivanka is a target for every hater on the planet. She is at least as vulnerable as the POTUS. It's not money I begrudge at all. I'm surprised anyone would even bring it up.
edit on 3/20/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
Let's not forget too quickly, that Trump did forego a $400,000 a year salary, so perhaps he feels a little more entitled to spend from the $500,000 a year expense account?

Source

So while the taxpayer foots $900K a year in Presidential expenses, half of that is from an expense account, so no matter what, it's paid for. Without the extra $400K, he SAVED the taxpayers.

~Namaste

Sorry but the law says he has to take the pay. After getting it he can do what he wants with it.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

:facepalm:

Do you truly not have something better to do?

I'm so sadden to see so many who have what in my opinion are high intellect, to be dragged down so low by politics. My FB feed is littered with anti-Trump rants and anti-Tump supporter rants from those people like Neil Tyson...and that's all I see anymore.

Come to ATS, and I see it here too.

ZOMG! The SS is having to protect members of the first family! Like that's never been the case before? But it's something that you think you can use to "carry on the fight against Trump" ?

I really miss your archeology posts. Another victim consumed by politics (along with a LOT of other ATS members). Sigh.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Really? How many days did Obama go golfing around the world on the most expensive courses. This is pathetic. I realize you're old but you need to grow up

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Maybe if liberals didn't harass Ivanka when she tried to fly commercial, they wouldn't need so much protection.

Funny liberals, they harass Ivanka in public, then complain when the result is more security.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

What do you mean??? There was outrage everywhere about that.

But the outrage was from the Right.

So what you're really saying is that it's ok when the Right complains about the left but not the other way around.

That is clearly your opinion on this.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
So let me just clarify your position...

You want the President's daughter to not take any holidays ever, or do You want her to be unprotected on holiday? Or is that you want a private citizen to fund the Secret Service in the act of doing their job?

I can't tell which you think would be fair.

I think, what the OP is saying, is women shouldn't be allowed to have vacations, that Ivanka belongs in the kitchen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join