It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former northeast Ohio mayor admits to raping 4-year-old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This went on for three years?! From the age of four to seven? A parent still bathes a four-year old. Did they not notice anything unusual? Or....was he a foster parent?

This is actually a very good point to me a 4 year old could still be classed as a toddler let alone a child, and as you said they would certainly have been bathed by an adult at that point presuming she was in the care of someone responsible, but given the length of time this went on and the young age i find that hard to believe, this is just my opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

2014, 2015, 2016.....He is a p.o.s. If that were my little girl, I would have to exercise a lot of self control not to pull a "Gary Plouchet".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

What's worse, apparently the child told the wife of this slime (Richard Keenan) that her husband had raped her. The wife of Keenan confronted him and he admitted it.

How is it that this child told the wife of this monsters before the child told her parents?

According to court filings, the child told Keenan’s wife about the abuse and she confronted him — and he then admitted “I did it.”

www.rawstory.com...

Also, this monster paid the bond and is free until his sentencing...

Keenan remains free on bond until his sentencing. He will undergo a pre-sentencing investigation, which could take a few weeks.

nbc4i.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

This went on for three years?! From the age of four to seven? A parent still bathes a four-year old. Did they not notice anything unusual? Or....was he a foster parent?

This is actually a very good point to me a 4 year old could still be classed as a toddler let alone a child, and as you said they would certainly have been bathed by an adult at that point presuming she was in the care of someone responsible, but given the length of time this went on and the young age i find that hard to believe, this is just my opinion of course.

I wonder if he was a foster parent. Nobody is mentioning this child's mother or father. I will bet they were foster parents.

edit on 20-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How is it that this child told the wife of this monsters before the child told her parents?

I'm trying to find out if these people were foster parents to this child. The foster system is rampant with this kind of thing from what I read.

I wish I could find out for sure if the foster care system is involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The FBI should lock him up with some "hungry" 2,2 meter convicts until he start naming names of his fellow pervert friends and pedo-ring organisation.

If he deserves parol in ten years..? A bullit is too kind for such a human being. All his money, his house and everything else he posseses should be given to this girl..for starters.

What a horrible crime...up there with the worse possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know that it seems like a light sentence, but it is actually harsher than a lot. Although he's parole eligible in 10 years, it is very unlikely he will be paroled then. These types of cases are very difficult to prosecute because the main witness is so young and therefore not a strong witness (easily confused, etc..) Also, quite often the parents are supportive of the deal because that way the child does not have to testify and thereby go through the shame and pain of doing that. Often, because the children don't report the crime right away, there's little to no forensic evidence.

On another note, I'm shocked by how many politicians, both Dem's and Rep's, are sexually attracted to children. To me, this makes absolutely no sense. WTF is it with these people?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Second, we now have several democrats who have been in power under Obama's administration being found as pedophiles. I wonder if this has any link to the "pizza gate" scandal.

Interesting you should bring politics into the matter. You do realize he was a REPUBLICAN?

voterrecords.com...

Makes no difference of his political leaning. He deserves to have his genitals dipped in steak juice and have a hungry pit-bull knaw off his twig and berries.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This is horrific to do to a child.

Obviously we would all like to revenge ourselves against such evil, but in truth, our goals in reaction to this and similar crime should be:

1. To protect society against this offence, not only from this perpetrator, but for all potential perpetrators.

2. To care for the victim in effort to redress this injury.

In the first instance, capital punishment, imprisonment and castration, while sometimes effective deterrents, don't actually prevent in ALL cases.

I don't think castration has proved effective enough and rapists have re-offended even after castration, obviously because their motivations were psychological rather than purely physiological/sexual.

Imprisonment until the offender can no longer perpetrate the crime is damn expensive for society to shoulder and some people seem to hardly suffer at all, leading contented lives with free food and accommodation.

Capital punishment does reduce the costs involved, compared to imprisonment, but some offenders do not seem to be capable of believing that they will be caught and that a death sentence can happen to them.

Because castration is effective in some cases, and is cheap and quick, it should be applied as a matter of course. I'm talking of surgical castration, chemical is too slow and leaves the physiology mostly intact.

Heavy behavioural deprogramming should then be applied until the offender has a revulsion and fear of the offence. During the deprogramming stage, imprisonment is necessary but is not the primary goal in itself.

The process of dealing with the crime is costly and so all assets, including; superannuations, insurances, property and patents are fully allocated to the victim's care, the criminal's deprogramming and crime fighting. If this negatively affects the offenders' family, a small 'maintenance only' share should go towards them. If they are upset about it, at least they'll know why.

Once deprogrammed, and physically altered, the offender can be released. If they re-offend, then they should be marked as a repeat sexual offender (a tattoo?) and either imprisoned with hard labour (to pay for their accommodation) and without parole, or capital punishment should be considered.

edit on 20/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Lolliek

I agree with you. To think this man could be free in 10 years...

But life expectancy at that time will probably decrease substantially . If he even makes it in prison 10 years. Hardened criminals can be fathers of daughters as well.

20 freakin counts. Why doesnt he get the last rites and the syringe ?

Sorry if I am too cruel...
No , I am not . This one touches too close to home . I am a father and a grandfather.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Capital punishment does reduce the costs involved, compared to imprisonment, but some offenders do not seem to be capable of believing that they will be caught and that a death sentence can happen to them.

Another problem with death sentence in cases like this is that the offender may think that, as the punishment is the same, it's safer for them to kill the victim, as it will reduce the possibilities of being found and, if found, the punishment will be the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Does anyone think that this type of slime deserves parole in 10 years?...

HELL NO, but there's two justice systems in this country, one for the elite and one for the rest of us. I can bet if you compare the sentencing of a list of celebrities, politicians and the rich next to the same offending "no name majority", you'll find a lot of unfair sentencing.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, maybe the toddlers should stop dressing so provocatively ... and at least he didn't kill the kid! It could've been worse and the kid will likely forget all about it with all the narcotics they will be doing as a teen.

I'm sorry for the black "humor," but it's a valid response to evil.

Humans can be so horrible... one has to attempt to remember it's only a teensy percentage that are this effed up.

Okay, lots of folks are really awful... and even being a tiny percentage of a percent, the numbers who would assault babies are staggering...

but on the whole, when taken all together...

Meh... never mind. We suck.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

...then we apply the "every cell has a noose and a stool" method while ensuring these pieces of crap have plenty of interaction with the general population to help aid them in their decision to voluntarily go for a swing ride.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Is there a case study or scientific study that has shown deprogramming to work? My understanding is that at best they don't offend despite a continued attraction to their specific victims.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: chr0naut

Is there a case study or scientific study that has shown deprogramming to work? My understanding is that at best they don't offend despite a continued attraction to their specific victims.

Similar work is provably effective in helping people overcome phobias.

There is a fair amount of research, especially regarding the 'behaviourist' school of BF Skinner.

One might even posit that Ivan Pavlov's work programming dogs to salivate when a bell rang shows how one might program a response, or an aversion.

edit on 20/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
They way overthink it on legal executions.
Guns are economical and effective, but whose the guy who cleans up the mess?
Baseball to the head and toss him an incinerator.
Keep it simple stupid.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Give them the possibility of escaping their punishment? Giving people we want to punish control over their life is not good as a punishment.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Give them the possibility of escaping their punishment? Giving people we want to punish control over their life is not good as a punishment.

I don't see it that way.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree, he is using up resources needed to heal the victim. He does not deserve to draw another breath. He does no deserve another morsel of food, nor a sip of liquid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join