It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's Comey says no evidence of Trump wiretap claim, confirms probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

When will the members admit Russia had nothing to do with the election and there was no collusion? Oh right they won't

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I really think this is a big to do over nothing.

Flynn got caught because we were monitoring the Russian ambassador.

Evidently, the call that was intercepted was made by Flynn from inside Trump tower.

Trump took it ran with it, because he simply doesn't understand how intelligence gathering works.

Too much time has been wasted on this already. Time to move on to more important things...like the FBI investigation which we will know nothing about until the FBI has completed it.

Except CNN will keep quoting unnamed government sources and anonymous people they will spend 24/7 discussing it until the big reveal.

Time will tell, she always does........CNN (and other news sources) will keep "breaking news" on the classified investigation, revealing classified information like they were handing out candy at Halloween.

If Trump himself colluded with the Russians, then by all means impeach his ass....if it was his aides, fire their ass and throw them in jail if what they did was illegal.

It's a simple as that... I will just wait until the FBI gets finished.

On a side note..you noticed Gowdy directly asked the Director if violation of US Code 793 was a felony punishable by 10 years in prison, which he affirmed it was.

www.law.cornell.edu...

US CODE 793A,B,C all require intent to harm the US. CODE 793D,E & F do NOT require intent to do harm. Specifically 793F:

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

So if you know your co-worker leaked classified information and you fail to report it or you are a reporter who is given classified information and you know it is classified.....you can be charged under this statute as well.

Too many people are leaking classified information now and in the past and they need to be made examples of.

The leaks will stop when people start going to jail.

edit on R142017-03-20T19:14:29-05:00k143Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I really think this is a big to do over nothing.

Flynn got caught because we were monitoring the Russian ambassador.

Evidently, the call that was intercepted was made by Flynn from inside Trump tower.

Trump took it ran with it, because he simply doesn't understand how intelligence gathering works.

Too much time has been wasted on this already. Time to move on to more important things...like the FBI investigation which we will know nothing about until the FBI has completed it.

Except CNN will keep quoting unnamed government sources and anonymous people they will spend 24/7 discussing it until the big reveal.

Time will tell, she always does........CNN (and other news sources) will keep "breaking news" on the classified investigation, revealing classified information like they were handing out candy at Halloween.

If Trump himself colluded with the Russians, then by all means impeach his ass....if it was his aides, fire their ass and throw them in jail if what they did was illegal.

It's a simple as that... I will just wait until the FBI gets finished.

On a side note..you noticed Gowdy directly asked the Director if violation of US Code 793 was a felony punishable by 10 years in prison, which he affirmed it was.

www.law.cornell.edu...

US CODE 793A,B,C all require intent to harm the US. CODE 793D,E & F do NOT require intent to do harm. Specifically 793F:

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

So if you know your co-worker leaked classified information and you fail to report it or you are a reporter who is given classified information and you know it is classified.....you can be charged under this statute as well.

Too many people are leaking classified information now and in the past and they need to be made examples of.

The leaks will stop when people start going to jail.

I can agree with some things you say, other things not so much, Snowden's boundary is a much more elevated view, I don't think he took anything lightly in what he did, and I agree with him.
The statute, is not deferential in any way for the likes of say Snowden for instance, making them just simple 'bots in fear, however in the big picture, you will see that heads of intelligence are deferential in the way they go about and make appllications, they said so Monday about Trump's allegations that GCHQ/ the UK, (a best ally) was behind the 'wire tap' in the SIC hearings, as not being even a consideration, (notwithstanding that the UK also said it was a load of crap) but, do we really know that? Thing is we know nothing, and we won't know nothing properly ever because we are supposed to not know. Today, we actually depend on the whistleblowers for some kind of guidance simply because there is no other way.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

"And we have looked carefully inside the FBI. The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components: the department has no information that supports those tweets," he said.

Try looking carefully inside the CIA and NSA. Predictably, the left has jumped straight on this and assumed that Comey should be automatically trusted on his word, very convenient how that works. Just as several sources are coming out to provide evidence of the Trump campaign surveillance we get this reaction from the FBI, and a renewal of the Russian conspiracy which has been debunked countless times. I do find it a bit odd considering the past actions of the FBI, I was expecting another agency to come out with similar claims. It seems something has changed at the FBI.
edit on 21/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I'll admit he's wrong; I'll suggest its time to crank up the impeachment machine. The guy is making the US the laughing stock of the Western World and the Eastern World as well! (I can't speak for the polar regions).

And of course, the US should be the laughing stock of the whole world, the US political machine is entirely broken and there's no sign whatsover it will ever get fixed.

When your elections end up with a situation where the only two viable candidates are Hillary (hear me lie) Clinton and Donald Trump, you got SERIOUS problems.

Love it when a non-American wants to talk about our elections...lol

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

So, you believe Trump?
Why?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

"And we have looked carefully inside the FBI. The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components: the department has no information that supports those tweets," he said.

Try looking carefully inside the CIA and NSA. Predictably, the left has jumped straight on this and assumed that Comey should be automatically trusted on his word, very convenient how that works. Just as several sources are coming out to provide evidence of the Trump campaign surveillance we get this reaction from the FBI, and a renewal of the Russian conspiracy which has been debunked countless times. I do find it a bit odd considering the past actions of the FBI, I was expecting another agency to come out with similar claims. It seems something has changed at the FBI.

Ummm Trump is a habitual liar, so why take his word for anything?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

I don't believe anything Trump says without solid evidence, but in this particular circumstance I have less trust for the left and the FBI. It seems to me when Trump makes a large claim like this he has some reason to say it, a week later something always comes out to show he was right, and I'm seeing things leak out already. If he was such a habitual liar than why has he already completed or started work on about 40% of the promises he made in his Contract with the American People. Trust me I don't like Trump as a person, he's an egotistical fool, I wrote threads like this not very long ago: Donald Trump: Imperialistic Authoritarian?. However that doesn't mean I cannot see the fact he is challenging the establishment in many regards, if our conduit to a better future is a joker than so be it, the joker is often what is required to shake up the system and expose the corruption.

However I'm fairly certain nothing I just said will have any affect on your perspective what so ever, it's very clear from your posting record that your opinion is set and stone and will not be change regardless of what facts or logic you are presented with.
edit on 21/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It seems to me when Trump makes a large claim like this he has some reason to say it, a week later something always comes out to show he was right, and I'm seeing things leak out already.

Can you provide an example?

5,000,000 illegal votes. Would that be a good example?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

However I'm fairly certain nothing I just said will have any affect on your perspective what so ever, it's very clear from your posting record that your opinion is set and stone and will not be change regardless of what facts or logic you are presented with.

I only stated a fact, that Trump is a habitual liar, did not mention anything else. He makes claims that he cannot back with any evidence.

He also lies about things that can easily be verified to be lies. You are right, he is a fool.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

If he was such a habitual liar than why has he already completed or started work on about 40% of the promises

Trump Promise Tracker

During the 2016 campaign, Donald Trump made more than 280 promises, though many were contradictory or just uttered in a single campaign event.

Promises kept 6
Promises broken 2
Launched 12
Stuck 2
Compromise 0
Not yet rated 38

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm not going to deny Trump has lied several times, I think any president has, but I don't see any form of habitual lying, I've seen two or three slips that I would classify as outright lies. That thing about the inauguration crowd being the largest ever was a very dumb thing to say, even though I don't believe he said that personally. When it comes to the 5M illegal votes I have no idea how truthful that is, I've never really looked into it, but there's no doubt a lot of illegal immigrants do vote, the voting system in the U.S. is very weak.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

During the 2016 campaign, Donald Trump made more than 280 promises, though many were contradictory or just uttered in a single campaign event.

I'm not talking about hundreds one off things he said during a campaign, I'm talking about specific claims made in a carefully considered document.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would like to know if FBI Director Comey is the central clearing house for all (legal) Wiretaps in this country?

If he says, there's no evidence of Wiretapping Trump Tower, is he the final authority on this? The News Media seems to think he is. If Comey says there was no wiretapping, then there wasn't...by any agency?

But on the other hand, when he says that there's no evidence of Trump-Russian Collusion, the Media thinks Comey is a light-weight. They are nuts.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Weren't you paying attention?
Comey is not the only one who said it.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He didn't say there's no evidence.

He said he doesn't have any evidence.

Two completely different statements and I can't understand why people continue to be mentally lazy when it comes to listening to a lawyer speak.

As for the media being selective about what they like: so do Trump supporters. So did Obama supporters. And Clinton. Don't act like you have some moral high ground.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join