It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Agreed. I've seen some stupid stuff before, being in the restaurant biz for almost ten years. This is a bit over hyped. YouTube dumb waiters and you'll see some gold.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They confirmed the allegations? Or confirmed it actually happened as claimed?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: GreenGunther

Explain to me why this waiter has any business determining if these people are legal residents. What if they were tourists?

He doesn't...

That's why I'm pretty sure it's fake..

The. Restaurant. Confirmed. The. Story. Why would a restaurant confirm a story that would give them bad publicity if it was false?

link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: DAVID64

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

....and as usual, Liberals blow it out of proportion, label it "racism" [ isn't everything? ] and blame Trump.... Or anyone who voted for Trump or happens to agree with anything Trump says, no matter what.

But make damn sure you don't lump all of them together. That's racist.....or something.

I don't buy it at all...

None of it adds up..

Either it was staged or a really bad joke.

A waiter can't refuse service or deport people ..

So what would he have been going for??

This doesn't add up as sold.

Except the restaurant confirmed the story.

The story would still be true if it was a joke..

In fact it could have been way harder to explain and defend the joke than just to fire him and get it over with.

Sure you could have one mentally disabled waiter trying to personally enforce immigration laws..

But I've never met one... nor anything even close to resembling one..

A waiter cares if they tip...

Not if they were born here.

Even if they were immigrants, why couldn't they be legal and not have brought their visa to F'n Applebee's, lmao!

None of this actually adds up

edit on 20-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They confirmed the allegations? Or confirmed it actually happened as claimed?

Kent Bearden, the senior director of operations at Saint Marc, told The Washington Post that the waiter who had asked for the women’s IDs had been fired. It was the first time the employee had done anything like this, Bearden said, and he “had never received so much as a write-up” before.

“I don’t know if he had an agenda or not,” said Bearden. “My concern is he violated a company policy. We’re very specific about how we treat out guests. That individual did not treat a table of guests to the expectations that we set forth in that company policy, and that caused him to be terminated.”

Bearden stressed that the employee’s actions “are something that you can’t control. The true measure is how you then handle it as a company. I feel very proud of our team and how we tried to take a proactive approach, trying to create a positive out of this situation.”

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm not to sure this person has their head on right. Wiki says "As of 2015, California has the largest minority population in the United States.". Was this guy going to run around surprise nazi'ing all the minorities? Seems like flawed logic overall, tell-tale sign of a nutter.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Different people have different priorities. Just because you wouldn't do this, doesn't mean someone else won't as well. Plus even if it was a joke, who risks offending your source of tips to make such a tasteless joke?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Sadly there are many that will support people that start to act like Nazis even in this thread we see a few wannabe fascist sticking their heads up. I feel sorry for the waiters parents because now they will be burdened by their bum out of work kid that can't even hold down a job serving water.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I'm not to sure this person has their head on right. Wiki says "As of 2015, California has the largest minority population in the United States.". Was this guy going to run around surprise nazi'ing all the minorities? Seems like flawed logic overall, tell-tale sign of a nutter.

Or a joke that went horribly wrong and the buisness wasn't gonna try and defend...

Say he was really checking for age for cocktails and as a joke said

" I gotta make sure y'all are from here.."

Attempting for it to be viewed as a silly, sarcastic joke..but then it blew up...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I must say that I have to agree with you on this (did I just say that?
)

I posted that it's good that the restaurant did the right thing, but that's assuming that the story is factual. Without hearing the other side of the story (from the actual waiter...I didn't see anything note that they tried to get a statement from him and he declined), it's impossible to take this at face value without some sort of concern about its veracity.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or perhaps it was all a ploy to get a dude fired, so that one of their cousins could find a job opening?

Yes because all Mexicans have hundreds of cousins looking for jobs as a waiter.

If it's on the corporate news then it DEFINITELY happened precisely as reported!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This could also be a case of the restaurant wanting publicity and Bearden knowing a story like this with him donating or stating that they support the community actually garnering more patrons for a poorly reviewed restaurant.

Well prior to this story the reviews on this place were not good there are a ton of restaurants around. Couple a failing business with desperate measures and something like this could happen.

Will be interested to see how this story pans out as I think there is more to it....the story and statements don't add up at all to me. Had this occurred then the waiters name would likely have been outed by someone at the restaurant or the girls themselves. I don't know how long it's been since I was waited on and the wait staff didn't greet me telling me their name....granted it is always just a first name, but with the heat this story is producing and the amount of upset the Carrillo girl had, I would be hard pressed to believe a name would not have come out by now.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Different people have different priorities. Just because you wouldn't do this, doesn't mean someone else won't as well. Plus even if it was a joke, who risks offending your source of tips to make such a tasteless joke?

Not "I wouldn't do this.."

No person I have ever worked with in 19 years of restraunts would...

Even the ones who are crazy conservative Christian conspiracy theorists..

Servers do not have the authority to refuse service for any reason..

Pregnant chick wants alcohol???

Still gotta serve her....

In every restaurant the manager makes ANY such calls..

I no case is a server givin that authority , nor do any think they have that authority.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This could also be a case of the restaurant wanting publicity and Bearden knowing a story like this with him donating or stating that they support the community actually garnering more patrons for a poorly reviewed restaurant.

Well prior to this story the reviews on this place were not good there are a ton of restaurants around. Couple a failing business with desperate measures and something like this could happen.

Will be interested to see how this story pans out as I think there is more to it....the story and statements don't add up at all to me. Had this occurred then the waiters name would likely have been outed by someone at the restaurant or the girls themselves. I don't know how long it's been since I was waited on and the wait staff didn't greet me telling me their name....granted it is always just a first name, but with the heat this story is producing and the amount of upset the Carrillo girl had, I would be hard pressed to believe a name would not have come out by now.

I don't buy it either... at least not as sold..

I'm betting a VERY VERY bad joke that quickly exploded past easy apologies..

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Is it so hard to believe a not so bright guy would drink too much of the coolaid and become a vigilante?

Because just seeing what people post in this place I have no trouble believing that
edit on 20-3-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

link   

Anecdotes don't prove that someone is incapable of an action. There are roughly 2.5 million waiters employed in this country. I imagine that even over the 19 years you've worked in the restaurant industry you haven't even been exposed to a half of percentage point of the total national wait staff. So how can you say definitively what people will or won't do when taking an order?

link   

[
The. Restaurant. Confirmed. The. Story. Why would a restaurant confirm a story that would give them bad publicity if it was false?

You don know that writing In. Fragmented. Words. Linked. By. Periods. doesn't exactly prove anything, right?

I have known many a case of wrongful termination based on the claims of a customer or a misunderstanding (or willful lack of understanding) by management. Just because the manager claims the complaint was valid does not necessarily make it so--managers are human, as are waiters, and both can make mistakes.

But to 'flip the script' on your claim of this being bad publicity, I think that you are wrong--this doesn't give the restaurant bad publicity, but what it does is show the population of a VERY Hispanic California that there is a zero tolerance for disrespecting them. I'd be willing to bet that this increases positive views of the restaurant in that area.

Regardless of all of this type of discussion, the reality is that, without the statement from the waiter, we only have 1.5 sides of the story, and that is not enough information with which to claim to have all of the facts.

But if it did happen as noted in the story, I stand by my initial comment that the restaurant did the right thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The thing is that we have most of the sides of the story now. Including a side that would be more likely to side with its wait staff over a customer (especially one that had never been written up before). It reasons that it is FAR more likely this story is true than not true.

I agree that the restaurant did the right thing. This issue could have been WAAAAAY worse if they sided with the waiter on this.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Is it so hard to believe a not so bright guy would drink too much of the coolaid and become a vigilante?

Because just seeing what people post in this place I have no trouble believing that

At work no one gets to be themselves lol.. and everyone knows that...

Every single waiter who has been serving longer than a week would know they would be instantly terminated..

However I have personally said some horribly racist stuff I ment sarcastically..

Was waiting on 2 elderly black ladies during Obamas second run and made some comment about the GOP running a black guy to counter obama, but said it really jacked up and they went silent.. lol..

They didn't tell on me but if they had I would have at best a 50/50 chance of being fired.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

The thing is that we have most of the sides of the story now. Including a side that would be more likely to side with its wait staff over a customer (especially one that had never been written up before). It reasons that it is FAR more likely this story is true than not true.

I agree that the restaurant did the right thing. This issue could have been WAAAAAY worse if they sided with the waiter on this.

A restaurant has no loyalty to their service staff..

It is easier to just say "we are horrified and fired him" than to explain then defend a joke gone wrong..

Say your buisness apologizes and fired the offender and it is case closed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join