It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Argus100

I've been to all those places and never once been asked for a passport unless at the hotel or taking transportation...even when ordering drinks.

That's because he's lying to support his narrative.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

It's a helluva lot better than globalism unless you like corporations making laws bc you know, they are considered individuals, legally.

A place I frequent doesn't admit people with Mexican licenses bc they've learned those people are rough. If they possess a DL from a US state or a passport, they are welcome. Plus, it's COMPLETELY LEGAL.

I am literally the token white guy in an all Hispanic neighborhood and really like my neighbors but I honestly don't see a problem with the policy. I've been trying to eliminate racism from people close to me for the last 30 years bc I think that mindset is low rent and they are capable of better. Ftr, it's only been 30 out of 44 because prior to my 12th birthday, I had never seen a person of color. Only white people. Really.

So, I'm not a racist jackbag is what I'm trying to say.

It IS nationalism, btw. If you would be so kind as to look at definition #5, you will better understand.
edit on 23-3-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There are specific discriminations in society that are bull#.

I go to a Gas Station to buy cigarettes, and the attendant dislikes me. Because of this, he enacts his authority, and ID's me at every opportunity, because in the 6 years I've gone to the gas station, I've from time to time not had my ID.

His argument is he must ID everyone, but he's targeting me, because he dislikes something about me, I talk to him, he knows who I am, he doesn't even look at my ID, and he scans it. Almost no one gets their ID scanned. Being a regular, and not gaining the privilege of the quick-through, is one thing, but in the time I went there, there were often lines, and he would never ID anyone in front of me, purposefully seeing that I was annoyed when he would then ask for my ID. He got more careless with his antagonization, and started selling the cigarettes to people in front of me that clearly looked younger than me, and even too young. I have no idea why he seeked this reaction because I complained to the manager once, and he was seen on camera selling many times to people that looked underage with me in the store and the manager fired him. I felt guilty, he worked there(and was a dick, one time I had cigarettes and he would not sell me a light, I mean come on. I bought them the day before and he gains AMNESIA?) for 6+ years. The new attendant is super friendly, and we're friends. He does ID me, though he ID's everyone.
edit on 23-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

the melting pot is the very essence of being american, we are a nation of immigrants.

we definitely need to toughen up on illegal immigration and tighten up the amount of immigrants and refugees but be careful where you go with the nationalism talk, that's a very slippery slope.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I agree that it is the essence but our nation was built by documented immigrants.

Listen man, I think we are on the same page minus a couple of points and I'm good with that. I just feel that the previous agenda to open the borders fostered the current immigration issues here in the US. And, it is an issue.

I live in a city that is 60% Hispanic and I have no issue with the community as a whole. Their culture is filled with family, love, a solid work ethic and the craziest parties you will ever attend. But at the end of the day, if I don't know my neighbor-or what he/she is capable of, I don't feel safe in my own country.

Plus, if you are caught in Mexico illegally, you are jailed and deported so even they support this particular brand of nationalism in their own country.

Dig?

edit on 23-3-2017 by PRSpinster because: Freakin' spacing is driving me crazy.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Maybe we can just make it a game show :

"DO YOU WANT TO BE AMERICAN?"

Everyone can judge personally on Twitter and vote.

Then we'll give them tons of money when they win so they acclimate to our culture well. Something obscene like 25 million dollars. It will stimulate the economy though, and get the best ratings.
edit on 23-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

this nation was built by criminals, colonizers and slaves, i don't think the pilgrims asked permission and had proper paperwork to come live in the u.s they saw it as a free for all, land of opportunity and came in hordes, similar to what the illegals are doing. the "peaceful pilgrims" took the u.s by force and trickery. lets not sugarcoat it.

the immigration laws in mexico were made in conjunction with the u.s to try and stamp out illegal immigration of south and central americans passing through mexico to reach the u.s., who in their right mind would want to emigrate to mexico?

these countries that the illegals are coming from are corrupt, crime ridden hell hoies. these people are basically refugees. if the u.s continues to turn a blind eye to the corruption in those countries we will continue to have hordes of people banging down our doors.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

a reply to: Krazysh0t

How is one waiters actions national news?!?!

What waiter thinks he is immigraion?!?!

This whole thing stinks..

I don't buy it.

I've been waiting table for years and have never heard of ANYTHING similar....

What was he gonna do if they didn't have ID?

He doesn't have the authority to refuse service..that's managements call...

I think this was either planned or the waiter told a horribly inappropriate joke.. as a brain fart..

It was funny in his head, but not in real life...

Mark my words this one is super fishy..

not saying this is the case, but usually when we hear about these types of stories theres outrage then a couple weeks down the line we find out the whole incident was made up and never happened. i remember one recently where a waitress said a couple left a nasty note in the tip section on their reciept for her. turned out to be completely false. going by the actions taken by the company and their reply im guessing that this most likely happened in this case though.

Absolutely...

Single instances are irrelevant reguardless...

What one X does does not say ANYTHING. About what the rest of any social group is doing...

I disregard all of these type..

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm interested in what she ordered; what cheese would go good with watermelon?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Why do you only give pleasantries to humans?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Apparently goat cheese or bleu is the best

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Your sig. Hello Humans?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

LOL

Its an old inside joke with my buddy

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I'm interested in what she ordered; what cheese would go good with watermelon?

Feta is actually great with it...add some mint too.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It really baffles my mind why you find it so hard to believe that an American in the age of Trump could act like a racist towards latinas.

Has this waiter been identified yet?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join