It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elongated Skulls from Peru DNA Results

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Makes one wonder how far did the Celtic sailors travel 2 to 3 thousand yeas ago.

The coneheaded Celtic sailors,

fixed that for you

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Makes one wonder how far did the Celtic sailors travel 2 to 3 thousand yeas ago.

The coneheaded Celtic sailors,

fixed that for you

I think the elongated heads were locally created, was thinking more along the lines of DNA and red hair, but who knows, maybe they left Ireland because they had long heads.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting OP, Not sure what to make of it!

How about, what qualifications does Brian Foerster have in genetics ?
That's much easier, you could even guess

That's funny... I don't recall him ever stating he DID have any qualifications in genetics.

That would probably be why the testing was farmed out to labs that, uh, well, ARE qualified for that sort of thing.

Supposedly there were three labs involved in the testing... We know one of them was in Ontario, Canada... Why not call them? Maybe someone could text Mr. Foerster and ask him directly for the info.

Apparently, he's a good tour guide. All you need for that is a decent knowledge of the area and be liked by the locals.

Doesn't really require any credentials I'm aware of.

I'm sure the locals, along with other "experts" have given him some talking points for his tours. At least the tours wouldn't be dull... Maybe that's why he charges what he does.

Apparently, charging a fee to do it and making a living at it, as well as selling videos of places he takes tours through and showing him delivering his talking points is a bad thing?

I don't know if I either believe or disbelieve him. But it's interesting nonetheless.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
The red hair is not an indicator of race
it is caused by having two copies of a recessive allele on chromosome 16 which produces an altered version of the MC1R protein. This Allelle mutation first occurred in humans 20,000 to 100,000 years ago and spread from there, so its likely that all of humanity have been carrying the gene since we left Africa
So if anyone here is making a claim that red hair = Europeans, then they should be checking genetics, not buying it wholesale from someone who hasn't got any training in genetics or even bothered to fact check. Its almost as if he knows his fans are ignorant and doesn't care, but that couldn't be true, could it?, apart from loads and loads and loads of money, where's the motivation, its a complete mystery /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

part of the scientific processs for DNA testing is naming the lab and the scientists involved
Why Foerster hasn't done that is the problem,
or do you think we should just let the standards drop in relation to the size of the lie being told ?
That's how pseudo science always works and why it isn't credible

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: gspat

part of the scientific processs for DNA testing is naming the lab and the scientists involved
Why Foerster hasn't done that is the problem,
or do you think we should just let the standards drop in relation to the size of the lie being told ?
That's how pseudo science always works and why it isn't credible

I'm not pre-supposing anything.

I'm interested in the results, but only from the standpoint of an onlooker.

He's already dropped the name of a University, I only suggest if you're as curious about it as you sound, you could make or break the story with a phone call to the University's switchboard if you cared enough to do so.
edit on 21-3-2017 by gspat because: Because... Stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero
The red hair is not an indicator of race
it is caused by having two copies of a recessive allele on chromosome 16 which produces an altered version of the MC1R protein. This Allelle mutation first occurred in humans 20,000 to 100,000 years ago and spread from there, so its likely that all of humanity have been carrying the gene since we left Africa
So if anyone here is making a claim that red hair = Europeans, then they should be checking genetics, not buying it wholesale from someone who hasn't got any training in genetics or even bothered to fact check. Its almost as if he knows his fans are ignorant and doesn't care, but that couldn't be true, could it?, apart from loads and loads and loads of money, where's the motivation, its a complete mystery /sarcasm

Very true... but if they do have European DNA then I would lean towards Celts as being the only group capable to get there, and the Celts had a lot of red hair as far I know....

Now to your questions about the validity to the data, well that is another story altogether. It would be nice to get all the data about the DNA and lab and not just the discovery.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Very true... but if they do have European DNA then I would lean towards Celts as being the only group capable to get there, and the Celts had a lot of red hair as far I know....

Have you seen that DNA test advertised
It promises to show you "where you came from"
and you have blond girls going "I didn't know I had a SE Asian heritage" and one I recall, a guy who looked like a Sikh saying "I thought I was Cuban and Lebanese, and it turns out I'm a Viking"
That is the level of most peoples understanding of genetics, you could give them a genetics text book and it would go unread. The guy had maybe one ancestor 1000 years ago, impregnated by a marauding Viking warrior and he thinks he's going to Valhalla.
My point is, when the idiot field is fertile, people like Foerster know how to harvest

H

Haplogroup U2 has been found in the remains of a 30,000-year-old hunter-gatherer from the Kostyonki, Voronezh Oblast in Central-South European Russia.

compare that with

In the DNA results we saw that the 18 to 22 month old Paracas royal baby, with obvious blonde/red hair had the maternal haplogroup U2e1 which is only found in people of European descent,

The former clearly shows the nonsense inherent in the latter, but only if you understand genetics and a little bit of haematology wouldn't hurt either.

There were no boats of Celts sailing across the Atlantic, walking across the 4000 + mile wide interior, full of hostile indians and then arriving in the Andes just in time to become priests and have all their kids heads fitted with boards, because yanno, a new racial type walking into the middle of an Incan city isn't going to be amazing enough for the locals, who apparently are waiting for some white gods to descend from the sky. What were you thinking.

I'm going to say this again s l o w l y
The Celts had no more red hair than any other racial group in the ancient world, they were actually famous for Dark hair,

Black hair is also particularly common in people of Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Southern Europe and Africa regardless of ethnolinguistic affiliation. It is notably concentrated among Celtic peoples of Europe. For example, the Spanish, French, Portuguese, Irish, Welsh and Cornish are particularly noted for their straight or wavy hair, black hair and it can be combined with either dark (such as brown) or light (such as green, gray or blue) colour eyes.

the red head claim was influenced by Victorian poetry. Even today in Ireland the red heads are at 5%
Red hair is not a racially significant in any culture, always around 5%. It has no bearing on genetics at all

Why not a boat full of semitic sailors, lost in a big storm, or has that been done

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I'm really not debating you on the validity of all this, and the red hair was just a side observation to it all with more focus on DNA. My point was it would be interesting if the DNA was true...Not that I really care nor will I educate myself past my primitive understanding of DNA.

If there was European DNA I think it would depend on the amount and that would be the interesting part as to when that would have been added to the Gene pool. Not that I would expect a Celt ship to travel to southern tip of the Americas.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Foerster apparently sent the DNA samples to one Lloyd Pye, who just so happened to be curator of the so-called "Starchild Skull" - though I cannot confirm this independently.

a reply to: FatherLukeDuke
Indeed! He operates on a sort of cliffhanger principle to keep people in suspense. He has avoided peer review and set up money-grubbing campaigns to fund his endeavors, yet charges people for DVDs of the results... how professional of him.
Only $10,000 for a tour! Flight not included.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So this proves people from Europe came to the Americas long before the Spaniards.

Time to take a close look at "History".

Yes, unless the culprits were seafaring Basque peoples from the area
around Spain. Then the honor goes to the Spanish again.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

My point was it would be interesting if the DNA was true.

And if my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

enjoy your 5 minutes

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Foerster apparently sent the DNA samples to one Lloyd Pye, who just so happened to be curator of the so-called "Starchild Skull" - though I cannot confirm this independently.

No that was at least 4 years ago, the first time Foerster realised that you can make money from the sheep by filling their heads with DNA nonsense. Pye has been dead for about 3 1/2 years
Its part of Foersters process as a con man, every time the tour business dips, he makes an announcement to bring the tourists back on to his Supernatural spooky wooky Inca tours.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

And if my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle.

It is 2017 so that is very possible, funny how such a true statement in the past is not so true today

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

enjoy your 5 minutes

I'm not sure what you mean by that?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: ancienthistorian
Brian Foerster is not even a real archaeologist!! He's apparently an undergraduate in biology! He is a fraud who sells "paranormal" tours to gullible tourists! Im not sure how he is taken seriously whatsoever when he fabricates hands and believes that DNA can be used as a dating mechanism! Preposterous!

You make him sound like Bill Nye "The Science Guy". LOL

Seems some of the stronger factors governing Science these days are name recognition and who says what first.

LOL

To Sargon Thrall

Brian Foerster is a Amateur Archaeologist and he said that plenty of Times
he has some Biology and thats why he is so interested in the Elongated Skulls
he had Professionals come in for their Opinion in Bolivia Peru and places showing the Elongated Skulls
even had Interviews with them while they were examining the Skulls n Skeletons Remains
and Yes there is a Bunch that where actually BINDED Foerster Points that Out , he is talking about the Non Binded
Skulls Especially young children and toddler Age , and the description of the unique Enlarge Eye Sockets and wide jaw bones and the missing Sutures and mature looking teeth on a 7 year old Skull Different from Modern Humans
yet all human ,

Brian is Like Graham Hancock in a way a Truth Seeker and have Opinions of what things could of been
a Theorized Why . neither Brian or Graham had said its all Fact , just their Opinion a Maybe !
not sure what what mean Fake ? True its Bizarre about the UFO Location/ Paranormal Tour.
but its interesting of the INCA Tour , Elongated Skulls of Peru Tour , Maya Olmec Tour,

Im not sure how he is taken seriously whatsoever when he fabricates hands and believes that DNA can be used as a dating mechanism!

Hold ON! was Brien Forester Right ?

Can DNA Testing Determine Age?
Thu, 09/10/2015 - 9:42am 6 Comments
by Seth Augenstein, Digital Reporte
www.forensicmag.com...

To Snarl

You make him sound like Bill Nye "The Science Guy". LOL

Bill NYE Actually isn't a Scientist , he is a Engineer..

like a Scientist he creates he builds Designs ,,

Creates from the IDEA of an Scientist ,
the guy that Helps and gives advice expertise to a Scientists.

Scientist makes the Logic/Theory

Engineer makes it as a Fact or or proving its False
in that Theory.

In All Forester is like many others want to Know the Mysteries .

and kudos to Brien at least he's actually there seeing it feeling
in the locations of Peru to Mexico. having that experience.

showing curious finds. yeah his Theories are some tiimes out of whack.

a more less cushion the thoughts he cant explain
from primitive natives supposedly that built them,
like Incas a Culture with NO Known Written Language
excerpt ONLY KNOT Roping , Nor Major Mathematical Skills.

Brian See's the Same thing that I see the Similarity's of the Old and new World
but there is a 2,000 year Gap Difference .

for Brien
The Easiest explanation is Extra Terrestrials , which he think it is a Possibility

for Graham Hancock

thinks that our Ancient Civilization is much older and more advance then what
the Modern Age Has recently Thought
as Graham thinks that the Spinx is much older that we think it is
just as the Pyramids in Egypt .

To Me its a Speculated Opinion of Both of them.

Wolfy

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlavianPerhaps a couple of boats were caught in a serious storm system and ended up being blown across the Atlantic? .

And then they walked from the East coast of America to the west....

the claim that some of the DNA is unrecognised is quite common when dealing with ancient DNA, it simply means that none of their descendants survived to add their genetic inheritance to the gene pool. But the fact that it is DNA at all shows they are fully human.

and the Hebrews roamed for 40 years ,
yeah walked fro the east to the west, why not the First Australians
went around perimeter of Australia within 2 hundred years
40,000 years ago

for the Elongated Skulls of South America
Right some of the DNA isn't Normal ," STRANDS"
yet still Human yet it cant be identified .
More Likely Mutated.

but a slight change alot

especially messing with a recessive gene
causing atavism

Give you a Example Marduk

A woman Named Julia Pastrana

that Lived back in the mid 1800s

a Singer n Dancer could speak 4 languages
a Mexican native Woman
was Considered a Freak a Half Ape

And she Did Look like what you would call
a EARLY HUMAN ! a Hominid

What Science found out from people
with the same type of Genetic Disease as she had

that the Genes Mutated Doubled Up and blockers stopped working
or just the genes went Missing causing

this WORD!

ATAVISM

Atavism

In biology, an atavism is an evolutionary throwback, such as traits reappearing that had disappeared generations before.[3] Atavisms can occur in several ways. One way is when genes for previously existing phenotypical features are preserved in DNA, and these become expressed through a mutation that either knocks out the overriding genes for the new traits or makes the old traits override the new one. A number of traits can vary as a result of shortening of the fetal development of a trait (neoteny) or by prolongation of the same. In such a case, a shift in the time a trait is allowed to develop before it is fixed can bring forth an ancestral phenotype.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

in other words Julia Genes went Back what Humans Originally were.
as Evey Human and Animal on the Planet form Bird to Fish to Reptile
to every Mammal has those Genes,

Yet She is Completely 100% HUMAN

Her genes were passed to Her Son that died at birth along with her

although her look is like that of a Neanderthal

Atavium
comes around on humans

Commonly

Tails , extra Nipple , body hair ,

Julia is a little more Unusual

Warning graphic Julia and her sons after Death Autopsy Photo

img.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago381 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 42017ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago381 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Firstly why even bother to quote me when you don't make any response to the quote, you are wasting my time because no one else takes you seriously, gotta tell you, with your hero worship of Hancock and Foerster, I don't take you seriously either, you're lining yourself up for a time share scam

Wow you need to check your facts

Julia Pastrana

She was born with a genetic condition, hypertrichosis terminalis (or generalized hypertrichosis lanuginosa[3]); her face and body were covered with straight black hair. Her ears and nose were unusually large, and her teeth were irregular. The latter condition was caused by a rare disease, undiagnosed in her lifetime, Gingival hyperplasia, which thickened her lips and gums

So wasn't a throwback, just an unfortunate woman who turned her handicap into profit...

and so perhaps you can tell me what any of this nonsense has to do with the con that this thread is discussing ?

This is what the fifth time you've posted nonsense to me, its getting boring now

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Give me a break, these skulls cannot be Human like they claim, they have completely different features in them that are not human and cannot be replicated by the elongation process. These skulls contain a different amount of fontanelles than Humans have , this has to be a lie, there is no way these skulls could be human, our current science is a fraud

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join