It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to come back?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You might be wrong. Reality might be much more.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I haven't made any definitive call on reality so I can't be wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've long said if I could say one thing to God at the heavenly gates it would be: "Please God, don't send me back there!"

I don't share the doom and gloom outlook though. To me, the world isn't falling apart, it's not a "mess," it's always been this way. Evolution takes a very, very long time. Our society is so much more evolved than we are as a race because it's in our best interest to generally get along. Even a mob boss wants his family's neighborhood to be patrolled by cops to stop low level crooks from harming his family or property. Only low level crooks hate police because that's generally what they're used for. All our politicians and business leaders are crooks (even the ones who smile and say the lovely things we like to hear.) Ask any sociopath, now matter how poor in intelligence, and he'll tell you the truth because they judge others by themselves. It just just so happens that they're right.

So this world isn't a "mess," it's just business as usual, while the patient push of evolution struggles on against unyielding resistance. sigh. One lifetime in this world is quite enough.
edit on 20-3-2017 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Oh hell no.Never in a bazillion fafiillion years would i want to reincarnate here.The nature and animals here is a beautiful grand thing but i'm sure there are other planets with the same natural beauty out there somewhere, maybe some of them are home also to highly sentient races, which is feasible to incarnate into if one absolutely Have to reincarnate. Races that are compassionate, kind, sensible and non-destructive and hateful and petty. Well one can dream i suppose

That is how I feel as well. If I had to come back, it wouldn't be here!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

First of all, the future is not yet written. All that we worry about can be avoided, all that we are eager for can come to pass, and all that stands between us in the present and a future we can be proud to have helped create, is will.

Second, if we do continue on, if each soul is far from numberless, but one of a finite collective with an apparently limitless respawn capacity, then personally speaking, I would like to be taken out of the queue and given eternity off, when my card gets punched. People say that life is too short, and I think that is a singularly witless thing to say. A long life is no replacement for a joyful one.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Seeing how humanity has and does kill all forms of life possible including each other? Quite a few share the same sentiment. Species going extinct every year not only in the animal world but the plant world.

Of course this has occured with many excuses behind it for rationalization. But when looked at it without excuses; then there's really no excuse for it... simply because life doesn't have to occur in such a manner; of how it is being lived.

Great care and respect for it and the land could take place; and desperately needs too... of course, many say oh no the planet is the beast that keeps on giving. While we take from it, take from each other and hardly seem to respect any of it except in; look how much I managed to get from it.

Not everyone thinks in such a manner; and with the population of the world nearly doubled since 1980 yeah just 30ish years twice as many people and at that rate in 15ish years we would have about 16ish billion people twice the amount now in half the time.

There are more people alive today than has ever been alive in human history; some see that as a tipping point and freak out about it... but it takes great change to want to make it where it is something that actually works instead of becomes some dystopian nightmare; simply because we cannot get over ourselves and treat the planet and other life itself with more respect, as in more important than humanity, will only serve to make humanity better.

The very thing that sustains and allows us all to live other than the sun...

This lil blue speck in a vast universe of other specs. But we can't seem to get it together by trying to be so far apart in silly imagined things, insignificant things, believed things that have nothing to do with reality day to day... and in such a manner we rob all of tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
If it turns out our current life is one of many, do you want to come back? My answer is, "No".

My answer is also "no". This has again become constant suffering with me and my mental disorders. Sometimes i wonder is the world crazy?, or am i? or both? There is no meaning in my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join