It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan shoots man attacking a cop [video]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Actually surprised this hasn't been posted yet, I did the usual search, and didn't find it..

Cop Dean Bardes was pursuing Edward Strother when the chase stopped in the middle of the road in Florida, the footage shows Strother on top of Bardes apparently beating him up when Ashad Russell, cool as a cucumber puts 3 into Strother, possibly saving Bardes' life.

edit on 18/3/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well it looks as if he has done everything in a correct manner?, I guess he sounded a warning of his intentions, he didn't creep up behind him and shoot, as long as he states he had a "honestly held belief" that his actions where justified to the threat the guy posed to the officer I see little wrong...

Obviously more information is needed regarding why this situation unfolded but I would say this could be a good situation of a law abiding citizen using his right to protect life..

No doubt the regressive left and professional complainers will turn the guys life into a living nightmare, lets hope that is it was proven justified that there is enough support for him that deafens the social justice crowd out..

Fact is if he was not on top of the office in the first place he would no doubt still be alive, also fairly poor show from the other motorist, you see a cop in this position and you sit there no doubt posting pics to instagram..

RA
edit on 18-3-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I don't know the story but it didn't look like he was beating up the cop as he was sitting still on top of the police officer. The officer had his arms out toward him also lying still. An unusual situation. How did the cop get into the situation? The cop has a gun and and usually, mace. Very strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow. Something happened to make that guy click. He was corrections officer for 22 years and then just goes off the deep end?
There has to be more to this.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Why the shooter not go check on the officers well being after shooting the perp?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
this is the worst edited video I have ever seen......not even worth watching.
Kudos to the good citizen who did the right thing

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If he need more than 1 shot to disable a person 6 feet away he should not be allowed to carry arms.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is how we roll down south.

Attacking people L.E. or otherwise is very hazardous to ones health.

Best wishes to the LEO involved and the armed citizen.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Norge

First shot was a warning, the other two were fatal. Get off your high horse, stop being so critical, you weren't in that situation you have no right to suggest that you'd do any better.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You must have a lot of experience shooting people. Exactly how many people have you shot during a tense situation like this one?

I would bet you have no experience at all. This man decided to save lives, instead of standing by and waiting until someone was dead. Are you really going to argue about how much force it took to save the officer's life, and possibly other lives?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If he need more than 1 shot to disable a person 6 feet away he should not be allowed to carry arms.

you watch to much TV, this it's real life. no real professional firearms instructor teaches shoot to disable. the number of people that can shoot that well, compared to the number of people that own firearms are relatively small. plus you can never tell if a shot to the arm leg or what have you, will slow down the assailant, there are numerous reports of people taking multiple hits to the chest that keep on coming.

then you have to worry about missing that arm, leg and hitting bystanders.

but i bet your gonna say i can shoot someone in the arm, or leg and disable them. i hope that i'm never around when you decide to disable instead of stop someone.
edit on 18-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Curious, I saw it posted on news.com.au and assumed it was current, not old.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Why the shooter not go check on the officers well being after shooting the perp?

in other videos it shows the cop roll over and stand up over the guy.

edit on 18-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Well it looks as if he has done everything in a correct manner?, I guess he sounded a warning of his intentions, he didn't creep up behind him and shoot, as long as he states he had a "honestly held belief" that his actions where justified to the threat the guy posed to the officer I see little wrong...

Obviously more information is needed regarding why this situation unfolded but I would say this could be a good situation of a law abiding citizen using his right to protect life..

No doubt the regressive left and professional complainers will turn the guys life into a living nightmare, lets hope that is it was proven justified that there is enough support for him that deafens the social justice crowd out..

Fact is if he was not on top of the office in the first place he would no doubt still be alive, also fairly poor show from the other motorist, you see a cop in this position and you sit there no doubt posting pics to instagram..

RA

"Little wrong?" I see absolutely nothing wrong at all, whats "Little wrong?" Is that like small wrongs or something?
edit on 18/3/17 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

it was in the news again this week, i think it was about the guy not being charged or something. i just glanced at it when surfing the box.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Norge

says the guy who's obviously never been in a situation past his front door, I'm assuming with an asinine comment like that. I think someone here has seen a few too many action movies. I'm also going to assume you've never fired a weapon under extreme life or death pressure, so my advice to you is think before you type next time. not everyone is a top mark assassin like you

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Norge

You're a fool, there is hardly ever one shot one kill in any shooting situation. Stop watching so much tv.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffJordan

First shot was a warning, the other two were fatal. Get off your high horse, stop being so critical, you weren't in that situation you have no right to suggest that you'd do any better.

I don't know how much shooting you have done but the sound on the video in the OP sounds like three shots and three hits. You can clearly here the thwap hitting the suspect after each shot. Good shooting on the guys part!!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

i looked it up what it's in the news for is this is a new video that just been released that shows more about what happened.

dated march 14 2017,
Video recently released by Florida authorities shows the moment a passer-by fatally shot a man attacking a Florida deputy in November.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join