It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange event.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hi all.

This won't be a huge posts and not sure if it's in the right section?. here goes.

I've just had the strangest thing happen to me only 20 minutes ago, i was lying on my bed watching tv and finished my glass of juice, got up and walked to my kitchen which is down the hall and next to my living room around 20 foot away and before I could even open my fridge i was in my bedroom standing with a full glass of cola.

Now WTF happened it's totally freaked me out and I'm still shaking?? something like this has never happened to me before and never had memory problems. I had my fitness tracker on for counting my steps and it showed 5120 steps before i left my bed room and it's only 8 steps to the kitchen, now when i looked at the tracker it showed 5123. Only 3 steps from my kitchen to my bedroom now that's impossible.

This is super weird but really need to find some answers to this., did i somehow go through a portal or time jump of some sort? not sure but I'd like to find out if anyone on ATS has had anything similar happen to them?.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

This occurred during the day or night? Were you previously napping/sleeping?

edit on 16-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh Wow! I have just had the same sort of experience earlier this evening.
My friend had just left from paying me a visit. Suddenly it was like I had gone into some time warp. It took a while for me to get a grip. The only way I can explain it is that I'd walked from my front door to my dinning room and it was as though my brain had jumped forward in time and it felt that my friend had left a long time earlier, yet I had no idea what I had done in the interceding minutes, which of course there hadn't been as my friend had just left.
I had to message and apologise to her as I was worried that I might have behaved in some sort of bizzare way when she left but that I wasn't aware of it.
Strange, very strange

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

This occurred during the day or night? Were you previously napping/sleeping?

It's 11:33 at night UK time, wasn't sleeping was watching tv i did have a 10 minute nap around 4pm other than that been up all day.

The other strange thing about this event was the time was the same as i left my bedroom but my steps tracker clearly shows another 3 steps more, can't really get my head round this, Nothing elce is out of place in my room or kitchen.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

My friend had just left from paying me a visit. Suddenly it was like I had gone into some time warp. It took a while for me to get a grip. The only way I can explain it is that I'd walked from my front door to my dinning room and it was as though my brain had jumped forward in time and it felt that my friend had left a long time earlier, yet I had no idea what I had done in the interceding minutes, which of course there hadn't been as my friend had just left.
I had to message and apologise to her as I was worried that I might have behaved in some sort of bizzare way when she left but that I wasn't aware of it.
Strange, very strange

Rainbows
Jane

That is strange it's like we've both had some type of time jump which is hard to explain, i have no recollection of opening my fridge door or walking back to my room, yet the time was exactly the same as i left and had a full glass of juice plus my tracker showing only 3 steps instead of the usual 16 it takes to and get back to my room.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Strange, very strange

Rainbows
Jane

That is strange it's like we've both had some type of time jump which is hard to explain, i have no recollection of opening my fridge door or walking back to my room, yet the time was exactly the same as i left and had a full glass of juice plus my tracker showing only 3 steps instead of the usual 16 it takes to and get back to my room.

Strange indeed, and both of you are in the UK. No answers here, but thanks for sharing.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I had my fitness tracker on for counting my steps and it showed 5120 steps before i left my bed room and it's only 8 steps to the kitchen, now when i looked at the tracker it showed 5123.

Doesn't it seem strange that you remember exactly what the tracker showed before all of this happened?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

I had my fitness tracker on for counting my steps and it showed 5120 steps before i left my bed room and it's only 8 steps to the kitchen, now when i looked at the tracker it showed 5123.

Doesn't it seem strange that you remember exactly what the tracker showed before all of this happened?

Not really i look at it all the time and have a picture memory, it's the only thing i do remember other than walking to the kitchen, glad i had it on cause it's the only thing that clearly showed me that i had taken steps.. What is strange is not remembering what happened when i was going to open my fridge door then suddenly happened to be standing in my bedroom with a glass of juice and no time change.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

So, did she comment on whether you were indeed behaving strangely when she left? Did she notice anything?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ok so its not sleep related.

Ive experienced what you describe many many times. Its almost like the mind goes on autopilot for a period of time and our short term memory shuts off for that time.

Ive had times like this while driving. Also, ever read a book and realized you just read a whole page and cant remember the entire page you just read? I think its the same mechanism.

As for the 3 steps...perhaps you opened the fridge once, walked away one step, turned around, walked another step back towards it, opened it again, then closed it and walked back?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Not really i look at it all the time and have a picture memory, it's the only thing i do remember other than walking to the kitchen, glad i had it on cause it's the only thing that clearly showed me that i had taken steps.. What is strange is not remembering what happened when i was going to open my fridge door then suddenly happened to be standing in my bedroom with a glass of juice and no time change.

Juice or cola?

Had you taken any ambien lately?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ok so its not sleep related.

Ive experienced what you describe many many times. Its almost like the mind goes on autopilot for a period of time and our short term memory shuts off for that time.

Ive had times like this while driving. Also, ever read a book and realized you just read a whole page and cant remember the entire page you just read? I think its the same mechanism.

As for the 3 steps...perhaps you opened the fridge once, walked away one step, turned around, walked another step back towards it, opened it again, then closed it and walked back?

What you described could be part of it, also have read a page of a book and couldn't remember everything then had to read that page again.

It takes exactly 8 steps to reach my kitchen and same back 16 minimum..I don't remember even opening the fridge door or walking back just standing with a full glass of juice.

The reason i know the time hadn't changed, cause the programme had finished and starting the credits, was family guy and they're quick credits, it takes time to walk to the kitchen and fill a glass then walk back, i didn't have it paused.
edit on 16-3-2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Family guy?

Maybe Macfarlane is trying to tell you he's a time traveler

ps: which episode, if you recall? I love the show.
edit on 16-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Family guy?

Lol maybe he was, cause it was the episode when Stewie was in a time capsule and Brian had to digg him out, Stewie was pretending he needed a kiss to wake him up, Brian said I'll get Meg then Stewie was all like I'm fine what happened lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Yes, that is what I was going to post. Auto pilot when driving a frequently travel route yet not memory of the drive.

But there is the question of his step counter. Could it have been off? Has the OP tested it since the event. Still seems strange.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Juice or cola?

Had you taken any ambien lately?

Was cola, juice popped up on my phone's text bar while typing so used it.

Not sure what ambien is? haven't taken any drugs don't even like taking paracetamol when i can get away with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I will go for the obvious and question whether the fitness tracker is working properly?

As far as your missing time...
Aliens.
edit on b000000312017-03-16T20:08:12-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 16 Mar 2017 20:08:12 -0500800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Before we jump to aliens, portals and all that, let's first look at the human brain. An incredibly complex structure susceptible to very common instances which could easily explain this event (such as lucid dreaming, sleep walking, and so forth), to more serious neurological issues, such as Dissociative Identity Disorder (these things happen all the time with people with DID's).

Just to clarify, I'm not completely discrediting your story, I'm just making yourself and others aware of everyday things that occur to a lot of people.

Also, may I ask which step-counter you have? I sell those where I work and many of them can be very inaccurate depending on the brand. Even if it's not brand-related, every type of technology such as that has the capability of inaccurate readings.

That all being said, I would much rather it be something cooler like Aliens, a porter, some kind of time slip, but I can't simply dismiss the more-likely explanations.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Family guy?

Lol maybe he was, cause it was the episode when Stewie was in a time capsule and Brian had to digg him out, Stewie was pretending he needed a kiss to wake him up, Brian said I'll get Meg then Stewie was all like I'm fine what happened lol.

No way! i was just now looking at the last supper by da vinci and then saw this reply of yours, about an episode where Stewie meets da vinci.

My spidey senses are tingling.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Before we jump to aliens, portals and all that, let's first look at the human brain. An incredibly complex structure susceptible to very common instances which could easily explain this event (such as lucid dreaming, sleep walking, and so forth), to more serious neurological issues, such as Dissociative Identity Disorder (these things happen all the time with people with DID's).

Just to clarify, I'm not completely discrediting your story, I'm just making yourself and others aware of everyday things that occur to a lot of people.

Also, may I ask which step-counter you have? I sell those where I work and many of them can be very inaccurate depending on the brand. Even if it's not brand-related, every type of technology such as that has the capability of inaccurate readings.

That all being said, I would much rather it be something cooler like Aliens, a porter, some kind of time slip, but I can't simply dismiss the more-likely explanations.

I agree could be a brain thing but never had memory loss problems before or missing time that I couldn't explain in my daily life, been using Samsung gear fit2 that has GPS tracking for better accuracy and Hart monitor etc, seems to be working fine and no obvious signs of damage or glitches etc.

I'll hook it up to my computer tomorrow and see if anything is weird or seems out of place, could tell me something or nothing...It would be cool if it was some Alien intervention but can't remember seeing/hearing anything from getting to the kitchen.
edit on 16-3-2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join