It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Little Girl Began Feeding The Crows, Now They Bring Her Gifts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So this girl starts feeding crows outside her home when she is 4 and years later they start leaving items behind. Mainly things like buttons from clothing, nails, paper clips etc. Pretty neat to me, seeing this form of interaction between human and animal. Here is the video, which also goes into more little facts about crows.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

People could learn from that girl's ability to befriend these highly intelligent birds.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I remember reading this a while back and it blew my mind www.cracked.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

People could learn from that girl's ability to befriend these highly intelligent birds.

Indeed they could, and with other animals as well such as dolphins.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I remember reading this a while back and it blew my mind www.cracked.com...

Sweet thanks for adding that.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thats neat! Crows are so fun to watch. My crows take the food that I throw out for them and dip it in the birdbath before eating. Not sure if they do it for sanitary reasons or just to soften it up.
My husband trained 3 crows. He found them as babies and took care of them. He could yell, "Hi Crow", and they would immediately come to him. When out in the yard, the crows would walk and hop behind him. They just seemed so content to hang out with him
Very intelligent birds!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Another little thing i learned years ago was if you cut the tongue of a crow/ rook/ jackdow they can talk , i never heard it with my own ears but the old man telling it to me had seen this

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sassymcsnickerson

Crows also have a language of their own. Different sounds or "words" they make for different purposes. I've seen them make a sound for expressing fun, a sound for indicating their presence to other crows, a sound to check if there's other crows around, and a sound to call another crow's attention.

Wild crows can answer to your calls if you do it right, however you mustn't show that it's you calling them. Wild crows are freaked out when they see humans making crow sounds, so you've got to hide yourself if you're to speak with them.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yes, unlike humans, crows (and birds, including parrots) make all their sounds with their throat alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Amazing. That's great. I had a young robin adopt me once.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ummm, I feed the crows out back for years, too. Just a few, one day a week. They live a long time and are right there on the day I throw out some old bread.

They never left me anything in return though. I'm not crying about it, just think its out of the realm of their behavior. So I kinda doubt the veracity of all these 'gifts'. Maybe mommy is 'helping', like she does wth the tooth fairy or Santa?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The strangest thing i saw crows do with my eyes was hold a court ?? , In the very early AM summer time i came across thousands of them all round this large council building all SILENT , it was like walking onto Hitchcocks film the Birds set and freaked me out .

When i asked about this later at home i was told one of them had done wrong and was getting punished , and we call them dumb animals

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They leave me gifts all the time, maybe they just don't like you.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
a reply to: intrptr

They leave me gifts all the time, maybe they just don't like you.

Yah I believe in the tooth fairy, too.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

This comment is funny

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Now if you can train them to bring you precious metals and minerals! THAT would be awesome.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Now if you can train them to bring you precious metals and minerals! THAT would be awesome.

The feeder that trains birds to PAY for their food: Crow Box teaches corvids to collect coins in return for peanuts

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z4bWzkM08Q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Crows are such highly intelligent creatures. It's such a shame that as a collective, humans are too distracted to pay attention to the inner clockworks of this place we call Earth. Its things like this we're missing out on....

and this....

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Gifted child I must say….crows are smartest of species

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I got on the crows' bad side at my college... a friend and I would get drunk and take our BB Gun out crow hunting because they would nest next to our dorm room windows. They definitely recognized us! They eventually moved two blocks down the street.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join