It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions vows crackdown on drug dealing and gun crime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I want to hear how he's going to clean up my town, something like 37% of adults are addicted to pain medication, another 15% have moved to heroin, 60% of the population smokes weed.

Only 1 person in 10 can pass a drug test.

How does he plan to solve that?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"Jeff Sessions, Anti-Weed Crusader, Was a Shill For Big Tobacco"

the tobacco industry helped get Jeff Sessions elected to the Senate in 1996. In fact, Session got a bit too much money from R. J. Reyonlds, the makers of Camel cigarettes, during his 1996 campaign. In October of 1997 his staff had to send money back to the company because they had donated more than was legally allowed.

Continued, the document in the article.

Also see,

From a September 11, 1997 Associated Press report:
A chastened Senate voted emphatically Wednesday to undo a $50 billion tobacco-industry break that had been slipped into a tax-cut bill signed into law just last month.

Voting 95-3 to repeal the provision, senators rather contritely agreed to an amendment that unraveled what sponsor Richard Durbin, D-Ill., called a “sweetheart deal” for the industry.

But the repeal was nearly derailed by an amendment from Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., who tried—and nearly succeeded—in limiting the fees that can be collected by attorneys hired by the states to press damage claims against the tobacco industry.
Continued Source

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Actually DARE worked well imo. I still remember the officer who came to my classroom in 7th grade and it had a great impact on me. I wouldn't touch drugs.

I believe there needs to be more education in the middle schools as well. Not the way they are teaching it now. Some pics of before and after meth users. Heroin addicts. Kids do not realize how badly their lives will be affected.

It may have worked for you, but it has been proven to not have worked for a great many other kids. Basically telling kids that all the cool kids are doing drugs makes kids want to do drugs. You know? To be cool.

Do keep in mind that personal anecdotes don't trump scientific studies. I mean, my personal anecdote says that DARE didn't work, so does mine counter out yours?
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
And what of people who wish to not live within society?

Unfortunately all the land in the world is claimed by one country or another. The only way for such a thing to be a reality is if we moved off world and thus can spread out wherever we want. Well or moved into the oceans, but seeing how we screw up the land we live on, I'd rather not see that become a reality.

Everything on Earth has to be registered and cataloged. You, me, the dogs, etc. My grandmother and I used to argue about this. She would kidnap random dogs from the street and call it "saving them". It was kidnapping and imprisoning them. Their negative reaction was "they just need to get used to us", not, "They despise you for taking away their freedom".

There are people who want to live a more feral life. Maybe not me...but there are people like that. Problem is, everything is parceled out and owned, so there is nowhere to really do this. If you try, you are labelled a "freeman" or some whacko, and forced into enslavement within "the system".

How do you opt out of a society?

It's quickly becoming a non-reality. Though people still manage to do it just fine. There is plenty of wilderness within the States to accomplish this easily. Go live in Appalachia. You can disappear easily. Or even better, Alaska.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I want to hear how he's going to clean up my town, something like 37% of adults are addicted to pain medication, another 15% have moved to heroin, 60% of the population smokes weed.

Only 1 person in 10 can pass a drug test.

How does he plan to solve that?

Sounds like 9 out of 10 people in your town are going to become state residents at your local slave house, I mean private prison.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Just can't see the long term plan can they. And all that property and assets up for sale. Cheap real estate from the purges.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Say what you want about politicians, but at least they know what they are doing. Sure they may be prone to corruption, but a politician is a professional in the same way a mechanic is a professional or a lawyer is a professional. I don't hire a mechanic to do my taxes, and I don't want a businessman being a politician.

Email author unknown

I told my son, "You will marry the girl I choose."

He said, "No."

I told him, "She is Bill Gate's daughter."

He said, "Yes."

I called Bill Gates and said, "I want your daughter to marry my son."

Bill Gates said, "No."

I told Bill Gates, "My son is the CEO of World Bank."

Bill Gates said, "Okay."

I called the president of World Bank and asked him to make my son the CEO.

He said, "No."

I told him, "My son is Bill Gate's son-in-law."

He said, "Okay."

And this is how politics works!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Politicians also happen to be lawyers and go to school for these things. I gave you a star because your email chain letter was amusing, but it isn't entirely accurate.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Interestingly enough, i stumbled across the story of Christopher Knight, who lived for 27 years as a hermit in the wilderness before being arrested for burglary (more than 1000 of them over his 27 years).

www.theguardian.com...

Interesting read. Especially the description of what seems to be a loss of ego when he no longer had anyone to try to impress.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is outrageous. The Attorney General wants to crack down on gun crime and drug dealing. How dare he try and reduce such valuable parts of society. What is he thinking?!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Sounds like 9 out of 10 people in your town are going to become state residents at your local slave house, I mean private prison.

Not that I support private prisons anyways, but this area can't afford them.

The jails are mostly empty because there's not enough of a tax base to pay to put inmates in them. Private prisons require that same tax base.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I admit that was a fun read. I totally couldn't pull something off like that. I love the wilderness and camping, but at the same time I like modern life too much to abandon it so completely.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is outrageous. The Attorney General wants to crack down on gun crime and drug dealing. How dare he try and reduce such valuable parts of society. What is he thinking?!

A Republican going after "gun crime". LOL...crazy days.

I've never understood why "gun crime" gets a special place in criminal justice. Violence is violence. Crime is crime. Murder is murder. Except it takes a lot longer and hurts more if you don't use a gun.

Dog whistle code words. Thats all it is. What he meant to say is, "Our jails are becoming too empty and we need to rustle up more black folks to stick in them".

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

In a market such as drug dealing the competition offers up a measure of anonymity to the rest or at least makes you only one of many fish in the ocean thus somewhat presenting yourself as a smaller target to the authorities.

I thought capitalism with its competitiveness, and free market somewhat frowned on the idea of monopolies?

There are always going to be a market for drugs because our respective populations demand the product, simple supply and demand really.

The war on drugs is a sham, always has been always will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Jeff Sessions is a relic of a by-gone age.

There is nothing complementary in that statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Dog whistle code words. Thats all it is. What he meant to say is, "Our jails are becoming too empty and we need to rustle up more black folks to stick in them".

Truth.

I'd like to see Mr. Sessions make the "gun crime" argument in front of the NRA.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join