It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions vows crackdown on drug dealing and gun crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sessions vows crackdown on drug dealing and gun crime

If anyone still had any doubts about Sessions' intentions in regards to the war on drugs and more importantly, legalizing marijuana, this will put those doubts to rest.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday pledged aggressive criminal prosecution of drug dealers and gun-toting felons to combat what he described as a troubling rise in violent crime.

“I am determined that this country will not go backwards,” Sessions said as he addressed law enforcement officials in Richmond. “President Trump gave us a clear directive. It’s the policy of this administration to reduce crime in America, not preside over an increase in crime, but reduce crime.”

Keep in mind that Sessions admits that crime rates are at historic lows.

“The crime rate in our country remains at historic lows,” the attorney general acknowledged in his remarks. “But we’re beginning to see an increase again.”

What a load of tripe, but let's continue. Now this stuff so far may SEEM benign, but that is until you read this:

He attributed that increase to less forceful prosecutions and lower sentences, a declining prison population and a growing opioid epidemic. He also said that “in this age of viral videos and targeted killings of police,” police officers in many communities were afraid to do their jobs.

The solution, Sessions said, is to “hammer” drug dealers and other criminals while bringing back the drug abstinence campaigns of the 1980s and 1990s.

“We have too much of a tolerance for drug use,” Sessions said. “We need to say, as Nancy Reagan said, ‘Just say no.’ There’s no excuse for this, it’s not recreational. Lives are at stake, and we’re not going to worry about being fashionable.”

Just going to leave these articles here and let you come to your own conclusion about Nancy Reagan's D.A.R.E. program.
Why "Just Say No" Doesn't Work
Just Say No to DARE
Was D.A.R.E. Effective?

ANYWAYS, back to Sessions the drug dinosaur's idiocy. He even had words to say about medical marijuana:

Sessions scoffed at the idea, promoted by some doctors and researchers, that medical marijuana can be used as an alternative painkiller to prevent or treat opioid addiction.

“I’ve heard people say we could solve our heroin problem with marijuana,” he said. “How stupid is that? Give me a break!”

After his speech, Sessions told reporters he believed “medical marijuana has been hyped, maybe too much.” He added that his office may rethink parts of an Obama-era policy that largely allows individual states to legalize marijuana use.

Like holy #! This guy couldn't be any dumber and more backwards in his thinking. Why are we excusing this guy being the head of our Justice Department? He's trying to bring crime back to America.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Which is SOP of goverment.
edit on 16-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, there is no rise in violent crime.

How did this doe eyed moron get any office of power?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Loyalty to Trump is the only answer I can come up with. It certainly isn't because of his abilities and qualifications.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have to wonder, if you crack down on all the drug dealing what will all the alphabet agencies associated and up to there neck in such nefarious activities do considering the loss of revenue stream?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh I'm sure Sessions isn't talking about THAT drug dealing.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I fully expect marijuana and blue states to be a target of Trump purges.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

This really isn't a fight that Trump and co want to hang their hat on. It can only bite them in the ass since marijuana has bi-partisan support AND going against marijuana legalization directly contradicts Trumps' pro-job rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The doe eyed moron that less than half of the voting public actually voted for, appointed this doe eyed moron because he likes people who make him feel intellectually superior by comparison.

And now, states which are actually doing rather better as a result of legalisation of the ole Mary Jane, are going to suffer. Businesses are going to get shut down, or have to move, states are going to take sudden, MASSIVE hits to their pockets, because Sessions by all accounts, appears ready to rip up the relaxation of rules pertaining to weed, thus embuggering the economies of several states, just because he cannot get his head out of the nineteen fifties.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There's no logical reason to go after marijuana unless an agenda to support something like corporate prisons is in the equation.
People need to be even louder and realized idiots like Sessions are in the minority on their opinions.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Time to invest in the private prison industry.

You wanted a businessman for president....surprised?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I didn't want a businessman for president...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Crime is bad. Violent crime is really bad.

I'm against violent crime. I know this will upset people who support violent crime, but I will stand fast in my opinion that violent crime is bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sessions vows to keep the "Private for Profit Prisons" brimming with fresh prisoners to run the largest sector of the U.S. economy you mean...

Tyrant!...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Have to wonder, if you crack down on all the drug dealing what will all the alphabet agencies associated and up to there neck in such nefarious activities do considering the loss of revenue stream?

They selectively go after the competition. This will increase their revenue.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Violent crime is bad.

Luckily, it is far less common than it was in the 90s.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

After observing the past week, I do not believe he is operating on logical conclusions, just emotions. Like revenge.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The doe eyed moron that less than half of the voting public actually voted for, appointed this doe eyed moron because he likes people who make him feel intellectually superior by comparison.

And now, states which are actually doing rather better as a result of legalisation of the ole Mary Jane, are going to suffer. Businesses are going to get shut down, or have to move, states are going to take sudden, MASSIVE hits to their pockets, because Sessions by all accounts, appears ready to rip up the relaxation of rules pertaining to weed, thus embuggering the economies of several states, just because he cannot get his head out of the nineteen fifties.

Not interested in a lecture on our electoral system. Im a small town guy, and appreciate the protection against a Tyranny of the Majority afforded us by our electoral system.

States won't suffer....this will just be a new battleground. Sessions can't criminally prosecute when laws are overturned. Congress wants to move, they are showing they are ready to move, which will leave sessions going after tweakers and crackheads I hope.

What bothers me the most about what he said is that our lowered prison population indicates that we are too lax on crime. Essentially what he said is, "We have those prisons, we need to rig the system to fill them". The pot deal....i support full legalization, but am not going to hinge my political position on others view of marijuana. Its small potatoes in the grand scheme.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: olaru12

I didn't want a businessman for president...

Well...did you want a politician for president?

I think Crazyewok's first post in this thread sums up a reasonable sentiment on that philosophy.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Say what you want about politicians, but at least they know what they are doing. Sure they may be prone to corruption, but a politician is a professional in the same way a mechanic is a professional or a lawyer is a professional. I don't hire a mechanic to do my taxes, and I don't want a businessman being a politician.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join