It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I P. old mate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is one of the sadder days in my life, my old dog joe passed on today, he reached the ripe old age of 15, here he is a couple of years ago :

I wanted to share a little story about him and his character, even at deaths door he still wanted food! in this photo from yesterday you can see him holding what is a piece of quiche in his mouth. He woke up yesterday and could barely breath, he couldn't swallow, he could walk without help. Tough day while we were waiting for the vet to visit we tried to pep him up. Nothing worked and when i put that food in his mouth he just gripped it with his teeth and didn't let go. Even an hour later i tried to take it and he held on for dear life, he couldnt move his head but had just enough oomph to grip the food.

Amazingly he pepped up a little in the day and was able to down a Valium and the some lightly fried strips of steak. He had a good night and then in the morning had a bad turn and passed.

It was nice to have one last night with him and he will be missed greatly rip old mate.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Nothing worked and when i put that food in his mouth he just gripped it with his teeth and didn't let go.

Game to the last.

Off now to the happy hunting ground. Somewheres, he's chasing rabbits with his mates.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Mate, I am so very sorry for your loss. Hope you will stay strong!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Its tough when you lose a mate , perhaps one day they might be able to get dogs to live as long as us . I hope so . He is now in doggy heaven and although that is understandably sad for you he is not suffering and you have had 15 years of good memories .
edit on 16-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
My deep sympathy with your loss,it is bitterly sad to lose a great friend of many years.We had to have our Fox Terrier go last year,we were all with her at the last.It was horribly sad,even the vet was crying.She was 16 years old and had a good life.Still it's a bitter thing to have to say farewell

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
my heart goes out to you, dogs are true friends for life and beyond

your dog will be with you for ever i'm sure

what a darling dog you had. and the way you described his last days i know you are a darling too

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Very sorry for losing a family member, I'm glad he had an awesome friend, family and life with you. He may be gone but will not be forgotten! I have a friend his name is Roscoe p. and he's getting up in years but it's the time spent with them that matters.

He'll be waiting with a ball in his mouth for you on the other side

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Awh man I'm real sorry to hear that.

Rest up little pup.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I lost one recently myself.
They're playing in doggy Heaven.
Another will come along.
Don't let it eat on you too long.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am also deeply sorry for your loss. Now, suffer a little, cry a few tears, but i hope eventually you will get over this. Not forgetting the pal, just that it does not hurt so much.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss

It's truly incredible, the love and connection we can make with our pets. Clearly yours was a strong bond.

RIP

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss.
It never gets any easier, whether you have them for many years, or just a short few. But we are blessed to have such unfaltering love given to us.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss, i know its easy to say but try and remember all the joy he brought you over those 15 years.

I had to have my first GSD Zara(who also lived until 15, a very good run for the breed) put to sleep as she got the point where her body just wouldn't work for her anymore, and it just wouldn't have been right to keep her going on, she was just as sharp as ever up stairs though.

It was the single hardest thing i have ever had to do, i got her the same week as me and the wife moved into our first home together so she had always been there with us, man i'm actually welling up typing this, i loved that dog i lost one of the most loyal and loving friends i have ever had that day.

We bought another GSD pup around 12 months later(thea), and all though she will never replace my Zara she has filled that gap we had in our lives without a dog in the house.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So sorry. It's always so hard when a special boy or girl who so clearly loves us is just at that point. I think it's just that much harder when the love is so unconditional.

Sure there will be others in time, but none of them will be the same. They're all special in their own way, and you will always have the fond and loving memories.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My most heartfelt condolences.

Dogs, in general, are too sweet to remain on a world so often bitter, for longer than they do. But parting is never easy.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a good friend.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your best buddy.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Joe looks like a good old boy...I am sure he is in the Happy Hunting Grounds now (hopefully playing and chasing tennis balls with my two "girls" that passed a few years ago.)

I picture them as young pups - it helps.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sending you condolences in this very difficult time... be at peace knowing he is now pain-free in the next realm of existence. It sounds like you had a great relationship. Cherish it and hold on to it. That's what I'm doing grieving the recent loss of my brother. Hang on to those memories and your connection - it is still there, just different now. Stay strong friend

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I am so very sorry for your loss. Nothing like a good fur friend in your life. They are family forever. Hugs and prayers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join