It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Seizes Texan's Property to Build Wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: mOjOm

Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely -Lord Dalberg-Acton.

This perfectly describe Trump, while he may have good intentions (I still think he was corrupt even before the election though) he seems to be blinded by power when he took office.

You know the OP link has documents dated before Trump was President right?

Now you see how it feels when people ignore facts, and make up their own reality based on sensationalism and whether they are for, or against a politician.... ?

But i have a feeling your next thread will do the exact same thing....

But people i recon, if 2 or 3 more cases of even less significance pop up, the "left" will runaway with those stories, and CNN's daily headlines will be "trump stealing American land for his wall"
edit on 16-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Julie Washington

If her property is on an international border,there is an easement on the property,with emminent domain they could of seized it anyway,at least they offered to pay for what portion they needed

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ok...again...try to follow along here instead of guessing. The document linked in the OP was sent this year. The attached right of way was from 2008, and the actual Act which was passed by Congress was from 2006...it even says it on the document for all to read.

It was called the 2006 Secure Fence Act. Now instead of guessing, if you Google that Act then look at images it will give you exactly where the fence was to be put and guess what...that act is still open and enforceable.

These people got this same notice in 2008 OBVIOUSLY because the document was from 2008. The also likely got it in 2006 and probably again sometime in between. The ONLY reason this coming up right now is because people want to say Trump is a bad person.

Well, Trump wasn't in office to have a say in 2006...not anywhere even close. Guess who was and who voted for the Act to pass...both Obama and Hillary....so if people are going to bitch and moan and complain about something then maybe it should be directed to those that made it happen.

Anywho...its all easily searchable on Google.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Did anyone read the linked article? Here is the first line.

The week before Donald Trump’s inauguration, Yvette Salinas received a letter she had been dreading for years:

So she got a letter the week before Trump was inaugurated! But this is Trump's fault? LOL.

This is not the first time the federal government has wanted to seize the land for a border wall. In the wake of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, the Bush administration put up 110 miles of border fencing, much of it on private land in Texas. In 2008, Salinas’ family received a condemnation notice offering them the same low, low price of $2,900. Others in Los Ebanos were mailed similar notices.

Reposted link

So please show me the post where everyone was outraged in 2008! Or are you only outraged now because someone put Trump's name in the headline? Hmmmmm? Chuck Schumer is this you?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Go Trump!

haha i just had to say it again!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I have seen near the border prices in texas of less than 500 an acre... so unless it is prime real estate far from the drug runners its a good price for 1.2 acres.

Too true!

In my county alone in Oklahoma theres land ranging from $300-$50,000/acre.

Location, location, location.

I doubt she has much use or value on the US/Mexico border other than having a secure fence/wall.

Take the offer and whistle to the bank, she had no plans for that parcel anyway, unless its to run and underground railroad for some friends.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

pheonix358,

Given that the landowner lives on the border, you would have thought that they would be absolutely over the moon at the idea of getting a free wall to keep the immigrants off the lawn...

Unless it is not really a problem for them, and all the wall will do is ruin some natural habitats and make no difference to the immigration, which is actually what is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

So she got a letter the week before Trump was inaugurated! But this is Trump's fault? LOL.

This border wall started "officially" with Bush W. It's been ongoing, until it was halted under Obama by the DHS

On March 16, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security announced that there would be a halt to expand the "virtual fence" beyond two pilot projects in Arizona.[25] Contractor Boeing Corporation had numerous delays and cost overruns. Boeing had initially used police dispatching software that was unable to process all of the information coming from the border. The $50 million of remaining funding would be used for mobile surveillance devices, sensors, and radios to patrol and protect the border. At the time, the Department of Homeland Security had spent $3.4 billion on border fences and had built 640 miles (1,030 km) of fences and barriers as part of the Secure Border Initiative. en.wikipedia.org...

However, this is how it is done. Emanate Domain. Trump will need to continue this process as he is adamant this wall will be built.

So, who really cares if this was before or after Trump's election.

He is now in charge. Not only will he continue it, he will step-it-up.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
OK I understand exactly what you are saying Annee.

You hate Trump so it's all his fault. LOL Do you realize how stupid you sound? And the reason no one can hold a real conversation with you.

Hope you have a great day Annee!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I've always had an issue with "Eminent domain".

Just seemed like a power grab on the part of the Federalists.

From wikipedia FWIW: "The practice of condemnation came to the American colonies with the common law. When it came time to draft the United States Constitution, differing views on eminent domain were voiced."

It should be nearly impossible for the government to take someone's property, if at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It looks like the property in the records that shows entry for the border fence does not have a high value. I don't think I saw hers but she might be getting a decent deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Congratulations.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

not if you compare the maps we presented which show it would likely pave over her physical home. It appears to literally be the small stretch which starts her property and connects to the neighborhood. She has enough land to relocate the house, but $2900 does not cover rebuilding a new home and is an insult for a property with physical improvements.

I suggested a land swap and some cash to rebuild. Ironically, this case actually puts Trump in a position to score some serious positive PR by simply giving her a great deal which is like piss money for the FED. Hell it costs more to secure a single public appearance than it would to give them enough to just build another home and swap some land. And even better, we can help make this reality as fellow Americans who support border security.

Im all for building the wall, but lets make sure we don't screw over our own small town fellow citizens in the process right?? Someone get on twitter and mention to Trump how an amazing PR op this is!!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Annee
OK I understand exactly what you are saying Annee.

You hate Trump so it's all his fault.

Show where I've said I hate Trump.

Do I think he is the right person to be president? NO!

FACTS are FACTS - - - this wall started under Bush - was stopped under Obama by the DHS.

The wall is partially built. Do you think it was built on private land?

Trump has to continue the practice of Emanate Domain.

It really doesn't matter that this story was before he was elected.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Do you have a link to a map showing her tract of land and the ones around it? I didn't find any under her name so it must be joint owned, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Vasa Croe

In any case, according to Yvette Salina's, daughter of the land owners,

Her uncle runs a few head of cattle on the property, which lies not far from Los Ebanos’ most famous attraction, a hand-drawn ferry that shuttles cars and their passengers across the river to Mexico.
ed

With that, I feel fairly confident this is their land. Its the only one I can zoom into that also has cattle AND grazing land close to the ferry mentioned.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: worldstarcountry

was looking to see if i could find the route that the wall would take, and found this.

comes from here, it's a old site and appears the last post was in 2014
no border wall

Yvette Salinas is the daughter of one of the land owners, Maria Flores. It is jointly owned by her mother and mom's siblings. Now if you can help us determine the assessed value of that property through public records, we my just be able to turn this into a win for everyone! Im not allowed to post the address that shows up on google Earth street view cuz T&C . Lets work together to keep America great by helping our fellow citizens get the best deal while serving their country!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well since Emanate Domain does not exist what are we arguing about?

It is the US/Mexican border. Why would you not want a wall or a free fence on your property? I live in a nice neighborhood on over an acre and I would take one if you paid me. You are paid for your land and then you are given protection.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looks like she was given the going rate for acreage in her county

www.landsoftexas.com...

She may want additional value for development or something. It likely will effect how her land on the whole is used. The trade off is added security.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well we cant pay her fair value of unimproved land where her house sits and tear it down. I doubt Texas is as bad as Florida when it comes to permits, but I assume that alone would eat up most of the payoff, and not even having been built yet.

Its a small town though in a very isolated county, so maybe permits are hardly an issue.

As far as security goes, according to the maps and proposals, her property/home would be the only one outside the wall, assuming they don't need the land where the house sits, which looks very near like they do want that. I hope they give her an access point.
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join