It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a retirement home for politicians?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I know that the actors' guilds have retirement homes for their members. Do the pols have something similar and could some of the present crew be hauled off to that place?

I just read a story on Drudge (www.thedailybeast.com... ) where McCain said that my senator, Rand Paul is now working for Vlad. This follows Nancy not knowing who is currently president and Maxine thinking that Vlad had invaded Korea....or something equally off the wall. Then there is the fellow who thinks Guam and some other islands might tip over if the population shifts.... Now this from the guy who has been pictured being buddy-buddy with international terrorists!

Is this what we get for allowing electronic voting that can be hacked? These eternal pols who still buy elections long after their mental capacities have left the building?

I've never been in favor of term limits but lately I swear by all that's sacred, Mitch McConnell and John McCain are about to change my mind.

Won't someone please rid us of these tottering, babbling fools that put themselves forth as leaders?

Can we institute a "stupid tax" on them possibly? They have to pay every time they babble like the above examples? And make them wear one of those "Stupid" signs that the comedian used to hand out?

Why, oh why did we outlaw dueling?

If Wikileaks has ANYTHING on these scoundrels, I wish they would release it already and send them into retirement. At this point it isn't the president who is making the US look bad---it is the members of Congress who are showing clear signs of dementia.

Please---if we build them a nice gated retirement community---can we send them there and lock the gates?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Please---if we build them a nice gated retirement community---can we send them there and lock the gates?

Yes. I have a lovely chunk of real estate in the Fukashima Prefecture that would be the perfect location for this greatest of homeowner's association.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

An island asylum of sorts would suffice.

And just because:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Incentivize: The politician's "Pension" will be based on the amount the people vote on, exactly 7 years after said politician left office. This will encourage the person elected to make decisions FOR the people in order to receive a comfortable salary once they are out of the White House..

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL! My Beloved just suggested that we utilize some of those FEMA camps they authorized.

I like yours too though except----would Japan accept them?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I like yours too though except----would Japan accept them?

I'm sure they would if we left room for theirs too.

edit on 15-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just because someone's view is different than yours doesn't mean they have dementia.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

McCain has gone off the ranch.

If anyone should be respected its Rand Paul,
I'd go as far to say Rand and Ron both.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

An island asylum of sorts would suffice.
y?
And just because:

Is that a cross of Pelosi and Hillary?
An asylum seems fitting for the both of em

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Nah, I'm in favor of removing the pension for serving in any legislative branch. There should not be career politicians, period. People who serve in public office should have actual skin in the game---a job, a business, a career to which they can return when their public service is done. The mess we're in today is a direct result of we the people allowing people to make it a profession and allowing them to vote themselves quite lavish benefits. I'm agin it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

Nah, I'm in favor of removing the pension for serving in any legislative branch. There should not be career politicians, period. People who serve in public office should have actual skin in the game---a job, a business, a career to which they can return when their public service is done. The mess we're in today is a direct result of we the people allowing people to make it a profession and allowing them to vote themselves quite lavish benefits. I'm agin it.

Quoted for Truth.

And then term limits. Get these people out of the trough and back to reality and it would serve We the People a whole lot better.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They don't need a retirement home. They get their pay for life and free medical. They can continue until death exactly as they lived while in office.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

So Putin did invade Korea? Bush is really the president? Guam is going to tip over if enough people move cross island? And my Senator is an agent of Vlad? How does he find the time?

Every time the Congress is in recess Rand is here in the district doing free eye surgeries for low income people. The regional paper has pix every time and a schedule of the hospitals at which he'll be working. There must be at least a couple of hundred people just in our region alone that have better eyesight because he did free surgery on them and got the hospitals to discount their fees. He began doing this after he was elected. Or maybe it's really Putin that is secretly paying for all those surgeries?

Rand isn't the guy pictured hanging out with known terrorists. John needs to ride off into the desert. He and a lot of others in that crowd are way past their sell-by date.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Fletcher Memorial Home for Tyrants and Kings .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Is there a retirement home for politicians?

Of course there is.

www.masonicare.org...

When they develop dementia, they have to be contained.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It is time for bed Johnny.

No Dad! There is a monster under my bed!

Do you want me to look for the monster Johnny?

Johnny shakes his head yes.

Okay Johnny.

Well there are no monsters under your bed Johnny.

But I could hear the monster under there dad. I swear it. You must be working for the monster!

Okay. Go to bed now Johnny. I am tired of your tantrums.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hell

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yeah, but I'm thinking we might all feel a bit safer if they were all corralled together somewhere behind high walls.

I'm wondering---can an executive order be done to take away their pensions and perks until they can point to some accomplishment on a daily basis?

Then we could have their pension fund diverted into Social Security. I'll just bet their pension fund isn't nearly as underfunded as Social Security.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I thought that's what happened the last election cycle,
I suggest it be called 'Over the Hill'

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
No but thinking a island will tip over due to overpopulationis surly a sigh that all ain't right in the head! No?a reply to: darkbake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join