It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a DC wine bar sues Donald Trump for unfair competition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This article is from a few days ago, but I post it for it is quite interesting. The lawsuit is not about money. It only asks Donald Trump resign, from what, it does not state. Maybe from the president or something since Donald Trump has resigned from the Trump organization. IMO the lawsuit has little merit since no one is coerced or forced to buy wine from the Trump organization's DC hotel. You can see in the article the wine bar is very small compared to the DC hotel. IMO these two businesses do not serve the same customers. The wine bar serves the masses while the DC hotel serves very rich people. As such, these two businesses do not seem to be competitors to each other.

www.nbcnews.com...

Your thoughts?

edit on 15-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Shameless publicity stunt.

I can hear it backfiring from here.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Gross said that even though she is a Democrat, the decision to sue was a business call, not a political statement. "It has nothing to do with the policies of the president.

Yeah sure it doesn't....

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have never understood this. If my business outdoes yours, then didn't I have a better business plan?

Shouldn't the wine bar just try to out do Trump instead of yelling, I suck so you are stealing my customers! LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That's true until she throws out the I'm a Demoncrat and that means you owe me because i suck at business.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I have never understood this. If my business outdoes yours, then didn't I have a better business plan?

Shouldn't the wine bar just try to out do Trump instead of yelling, I suck so you are stealing my customers! LOL

Well the left's ideology of equal outcomes doesn't translate well into business.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

NBCNews... news my ***

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Reminds me of how the POTUS daughter's clothing line was treated "unfairly."

Bunch of whiny babies.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They'll get some publicity for it, but that's all this lawsuit is worth.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Not that I support the story in the OP but as an example..I think of all the mom and pop businesses wiped out by giant corp bastards like Wal Mart..who has the most money, not always better business plan, I guess you could argue having endless money is a better business plan.
I put that out for the sake of argument.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Not that I support the story in the OP but as an example..I think of all the mom and pop businesses wiped out by giant corp bastards like Wal Mart..who has the most money, not always better business plan, I guess you could argue having endless money is a better business plan.
I put that out for the sake of argument.

And if that were the case I would at least understand what she was saying. But that isn't the case. It looks like he has a better business plan. He isn't a box store beating out a mom & pop.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wonder if the owners were Republicans and voted for Trump would they change their advertisement to: " come on in we are ONLY 1.5 miles from the President's hotel"?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i guess that it never crossed their minds that being 15 miles away might be people not wanti to drive that far to sit and drink wine or buy a bottle.
edit on 15-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If your business is selling alcohol to democrats in DC during the Trump presidency and you're not making money hand over fist, then you suck at business.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

damn, you don't think that they are self medicating do ya.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I thought Trump took himself out of control of these businesses.

Trumps organization lawyers will countersue and win. She is trying to block free enterprise with her lawsuit. It is a frivilous suit from what I see. She may lose a hell of a lot of money by doing this. Trump's businesses are not under his control now so who ever is running them don't have to worry about giving Trump personally a bad name. She thinks she is safe, think again. These are corporations, not personal people. Trump is not in charge. She could actually lose her business, although, poor business practices like this are probably causing her to lose her business all ready, this could be a dying gasp

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Donald Trump still is the leaseholder and has not divested from his DC Trump International Hotel.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Donald Trump still is the leaseholder and has not divested from his DC Trump International Hotel.

From what I read, he does not legally have to as long as he is not running it. It would mean a rewriting of a lease agreement if he did, that itself could be possibly more controversial. I don't know what he should do, his lawyers would know.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It's illegal for Donald Trump to hold office and the lease on the DC hotel property. The fact that he promises to "donate" hotel profit gained from foreign official doesn't do squat to alleviate that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join