It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age We Live In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I have posted examples of Political Correctness Gone Mad (PCGM) in this section before. I know it seems repetitive, perhaps even like I am attempting to "beat a dead horse" by continually linking stories like this in my endeavour to open the eyes of those who refuse to see what is in plain sight. Nevertheless, the key reason I make these kinds of threads is to challenge those who keep saying things like "what's wrong with PC?" and "PC gone mad is just an exaggeration" and "people that oppose PC are just angry they cannot be racist/sexist/homophobic etc.".

Enter exhibit A:

Cooper s boycott over Bible Society video ‘absurd'

COOPERS has gone into damage control, releasing a video apology after a controversial same-sex marriage ad.

The South Australian brewer was forced to issue a statement on Tuesday afternoon declaring they are “incredibly saddened” by the community’s feedback and committed to “embracing all Australians”.

The backlash started on Tuesday and included a #BoycottCoopers push on social media and by a number of pubs in Sydney and Melbourne. It was centred around the brewer’s involvement in an ad created by the Bible Society debating same-sex marriage.

“On behalf of the Coopers board and senior staff, we are incredibly saddened by the impact our involvement with the Bible Society has had on our valued Coopers drinkers and our extended family,” managing director Tim Cooper said in the video.

“As a longstanding philanthropic company, Coopers Brewery has been passionate about supporting all aspects of our community and has actively and financially embraced many different organisations.

How can anyone seriously deny that we are headed down a dangerous road when stories such as these are becoming commonplace? I don't drink beer and I support gay marriage. Therefore, you might ask, what is my beef with this topic? The problem is the reaction of those looking to find offence at the drop of a hat and using that rage as a political and social tool to demonise and bully others for their own ends.

edit on 14/3/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
The people who always claim to be "anti-PC" are always the most offended by things, like diversity, homosexuality, other people simply existing.

It's like when they talk about the "pussification of America" because some emo boys wear eyeliner. Who #ing cares? I find it silly that people get so butthurt over an action that doesnt effect them whatsoever. Oh no, a beer company supports gay marriage! Then dont buy it if it upsets you. But you're wrong, we're not "headed down this road", fundamentalists have always been getting upset by anything against their beliefs. The beer company shouldnt have apologised.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

“never intended to make light of such an important issue and would never and did not approve the making or release of The Bible Society video debate”.

So why are people getting their nuts all twisted . Walks like a duck its probably , nevermind .
edit on 14-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It appears that Cooper's only supported the ad to celebrate 200 years of the Bible Society's cahritable work...crazy backlash

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Disliking or opposing something is not the same as being offended by it. If I dislike spiders, does that mean I am offended by their presence? It's a ridiculous argument to make...

It think you need to actually read the linked article to properly understand the context of the topic at hand.

This is not about fundamentalists. We are not discussing yokels/bogans in a regional area speaking with a funny accent about how "blacks/gays" need to be dealt with. No, this is about social justice warriors getting offended, causing a storm over some advert, using their political/social influences to bully and ridicule people who have different beliefs to their own.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost Mainstream world is heavily engaged in fanaticism. My cure is to stay outside.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I did read it, maybe I misunderstood it? I thought it said they debated gay marriage and people got pissed off. The video shows a mild debate. Maybe they thought it was pushing a narrative because of who sponsored it?

Regardless, you dont need to be religious to be a fundamentalist. The modern social justice movement is becoming fundie too. Not all of it, just the ones who hold it like a religion.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The fuel that feeds PC, is when people give into it.

I would would say a big fork you to those mentalists, and find new customers. Or even take satirical adverts to poke fun at them.
edit on 14-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"This is the age of decay and hypocrisy. Sometimes I feel like the world isn't ready for me..."

new topics

top topics

join