It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Tennessee Files Constitutional Challenge to Refugee Resettlement Program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

Whatever Happened to " States Rights " when it comes to Immigration ? Can the Federal Government just Dictate the Terms of Resettlement of Alleged Refugees to States within the Union without their Approval First ? It does seem to be an Unconstitutional way of Governing , does it not ?

I think that States are absolutely allowed to refuse, but then the federal Gov threatens to cut off funding and then your in this mess.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That's pretty cool that all this stuff is happening here (I'm in Nashville) right now.

By the way this city is full of foreigners. When I say that I mean actual people from other nations who just got here recently. There is a lot of tourism and many of the tourists are foreign, there are thousands of foreign students at the universities here (especially Vanderbilt, mostly Asians), and there are tons of people from other nations that live here (but mostly congregate in specific sections of town).

This city is heavily internationalized. From what I hear the rest of the state isn't so much, and that Nashville is like a blue island in an ocean of red. Most people here are indeed Liberal surprisingly, at least judging from my experiences around town.

I won't go to the Trump event because I'm gonna be busy and I don't like huge crowds.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Swills

Trump won 30 out of 50 states. Bring it on. Let's bring judges from every state into play.

Except most of the Judges are from the Bush, Clinton, Obama Eras.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join