It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel is possible, we and ancient peoples have been visited by time travelers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You can't just have time travelers that don't go into the past at all. So if any beings have the potential to time travel, perhaps that means they've been around since the beginning of time? So maybe the first aliens have already time traveled AND been able to meet the creator at the beginning of time, I can't imagine all intelligent species from the universe calling dibs on going there asap and all seeing each other there at the same time
edit on 13-3-2017 by Maplestory777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Maplestory777

What if no species ever evolves enough to a point where they can use time travel? (They die before discovering the technology) Also some people believe that you can only travel back to the moment from when the first time travel device is switched on.
edit on 13-3-2017 by ms898 because: Added in brackets

edit on 13-3-2017 by ms898 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Imagine if we've succeeded in colonizing and meeting up in the stars for trillions and zillions of years? The "aliens" we have always seen and talked of...could very well...be US...from our future.

That is encouraging to think then we "made" it after all

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maplestory777
You can't just have time travelers that don't go into the past at all. ...snip...

False. The faster you go, the slower your internal clock ticks. See, if someone travels very near the speed of light, their internal clock slows down so much, relative to the rest of the universe, that they will in effect travel into the future. This is proven physical fact, repeatable, testable, etc... However, there is no known way at this time to travel back in time.

So, your opening sentence is a whoafully uniformed opinion at best, and a lie at worse.

Which is it?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

That pretty much prove we'll never travel in time then. Because if we could somebody would be popping back in time already. Like a bunch of times too. Since that isn't what's happening then no time travel is happening. Not to the past at any rate.

But I also think our idea of how time works or what it is isn't correct either exactly.
edit on 13-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

if ur really good at roleplaying it is the closest thing to time travelling

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think they have conspiracies that time travelers have been throughout history and even now

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's doesn't mean time travel into the past isn't possible. I've never heard you cant travel in a time machine to the past

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's actually a theory that you can go back in time

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ms898

I don't think so, because time travel doesn't require a destination

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah but I would think if at any point there is time travel they'd be popping in and out all the time. Not just now and then but a lot. Enough so it would just be normal somehow.

But we don't have that.

Although a wile back there was this place that totally claimed that it's being done and has been for a while and practically everyone already knew about it. He had actual credentials and seemed to be totally on the level. I forget what happened to that.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

With time travel can you travel to distant galaxies or are you stuck where you are, in our case Earth and our solar system?

Space is expanding and we with it. Distant galaxies only get further away as time ticks so maybe to explore all the distant galaxies you need time travel to go back to the beginning, the Big Bang, in order to be able to reach these galaxies. From there you time travel again to your desired time and location.

Whoa..

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why would it be on mainstream news for a long time? www.google.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe some of the ufos on ancient aliens etc in ancient art etc. were of people going into the past with technology. Maybe we've advanced in tech due to us coming back and helping us advance faster? Alternate universes?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I bet an alien race has already discovered the "god" and found out how to use it, if possible, unless it is a man like the bible says

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That pretty much prove we'll never travel in time then. Because if we could somebody would be popping back in time already. Like a bunch of times too. Since that isn't what's happening then no time travel is happening. Not to the past at any rate.

But I also think our idea of how time works or what it is isn't correct either exactly.

Actually, I have a crackpot theory about that. I'm guessing that if time travel were real, it would be developed/created by people with immense resources (aka the world's elite) and used for their purposes only. So their time travelers would be used to improve their own positions, while ignoring the plights of commoners. After all, how many people take time out of their days to aid the worms in their lawns? That's how I imagine they'd look at us.

So my crackpot theory is that the world's "old money" lineages have access to legit time travel, psychics, ESPers, etc. And they've used these as tools to maintain and expand their positions over the millenia.

There may even be limits to how it can be used, since time travel would also inherently involve space travel. That's because the galaxy, solar system, and planet are all in constant motion in various directions. If we went back in time 1,000 years ago, Earth would be nowhere near this location yet. That means we'd also have to send our time traveled selves back to Earth's location at the time we're aiming for.

note: A quick google search says our galaxy travels roughly 1.3 million miles per hour in the direction of the constellation Hydra. Factor in the movement of our solar system (supposedly 514,000 mph) and our planet (supposedly 1,000 mph) and you can guess how hard it would be to actually travel back in time to a specific location in the Universe. In short, I actually doubt time travel currently exists or is even feasible.

But I hold out hope that it's possible to send data back in time and to those specific locations. Maybe that's what some of the radiation is that showers the Earth right now?
Maybe our future selves use some forms of that radiation as a standard wireless protocol, and they're spraying this general area of the Universe with wireless messages from the future?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Time Travel doesn't mean Space Travel. If the time travelers never cared to leave Earth, it would mean that we're their ancestors.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well, I'm not talking about god. I'm talking about the beginning of existence and using it to travel to other galaxies. That's power, not controlling a being perceived to be god.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If we can travel at the speed of light and locate earth like planets, perhaps the technology exists to locate earth quickly once we've time traveled, also with a computer to predict the movement and location of stars so we don't travel there

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We could travel to wherever the beginning of the universe was and find out who started it

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

There's no such thing as "time". It's nothing more than a value that we've applied to simplify actions that we as humans need to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join