It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Feed Goes Dead As Obamacare Victims Begin Speaking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sharparrow
Do any of our current members of ATS experienced a disadvantage with Obamacare? I live in another country so I cannot really comment but I would be interested to know if it has been a detriment to your lives and businesses.

Yes. I'm a full-time college student who hasn't had health insurance in almost 3 years now. Last time I checked on the available plans, I was working a part-time job. The cheapest plans were half of my income every month (which I need), and the deductibles were more than I was making in a whole year. So... Even if I spent half of my entire income just on a health plan, it'd be essentially useless anyway because I'd still have to pay thousands of dollars that I don't have to receive any kind of medical care.
What's funny is that at both of the jobs I've had in the past 3 years, employees weren't allowed to work more than 29 hours a week - because of Obamacare requiring them to provide insurance to full-time employees. Even funnier is the fact that despite only making about $6,000-$7,000 a year from my part-time jobs, I made too much money to qualify for assistance. Yes, you read that right - I was told by the health marketplace people that with my part-time barely-above-minimum-wage earnings, I earned too much to qualify for assistance. BUT... They determined that I would be exempt from buying a plan, so at least they stopped sending me emails every few days threatening to fine me for hundreds of dollars if I didn't buy their plans (which is basically the definition of extortion).
It basically left me with two choices: Be completely broke with a health plan that would leave me to pay thousands of dollars that I didn't even have before it even kicked in, or go without health insurance and hope I never have a health emergency, because I certainly won't be going to a hospital.

I'd be afraid to even look at what's currently available to me...

Anyway, back on topic... At this point, CNN should be shut down at the very least. Blatant lies, manipulation, bias and agendas everywhere. They're not trying to present honest news, they're literally lying and trying to manipulate people and push agendas for those who pay them. What they're doing should be considered a crime. I think at one point it may have actually been, or am I wrong?
edit on 3/13/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Of course it will increase the numbers of uninsured. That will happen if no one is sticking a gun in your head and forcing you to buy their scam. I for one will cancel my healthcare and use the money to invest in stocks. With a 4k deductible it was useless and waste of money. I considered it legal robbery.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I might have missed it but did anyone mention how this paved the way to force citizens to pay for a government service they don't want to receive in the first place?

You now have to pay a fee (taxes) if you don't have a provided government service you don't want to pay for (health insurance).

To TPTB this is a game about controlling every aspect of our lives.

Obama care actually worked out for me though. Cancelled my existing insurance. Got really cheap deductible through obama care with a pre-existing injury i needed surgery for. My surgery would have cost me $8000 but through Obama care it cost about 1,500.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Someone should tell trump to stop inviting fake news and instead make his own YouTube Channel and directly upload all his videos for all to see, no more blackouts...!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: pheonix358

The problem is that healthy people are not signing up for coverage. Only sick people are. So prices have to be raised in order to remain profitable.

So change the damn system. Ours covers every single citizen, that is to say, our bone-fide citizens.

Wait ... your President is trying to change it now! Good for him.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
CNN goes CNN.
Meanwhile Trumps hair looks a little more awesome every day.

and his skin is clearing up, healthy complexion breaking through

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Woe

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Wait ... your President is trying to change it now! Good for him.

P

Is he trying to change it benefit ordinary Americans or his good buddies in the financial sector?

The problem with Obamacare, and what came before it, and what is likely to come after it, is that it's an insurance system run for the benefit of the banks. You know, the guys that brought the world to the edge of economic collapse in 2008? It's not about the health of the people.

Take into account the proposed deregulation of the banks, which will allow them to resume some of their pre-crunch practices, and you have something rather nasty lurking around the corner for most families.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Do any of our current members of ATS experienced a disadvantage with Obamacare? I live in another country so I cannot really comment but I would be interested to know if it has been a detriment to your lives and businesses.

I have. I am a small business owner but am self-employed and only hire sub-contractors on an temporary basis from time-to-time. My health insurance went from $98 / mo and doubled the first year of Obamacare. I am now paying $350 per month for MUCH worse coverage and there are only 3 providers left to choose from. None of the insurance companies I was able to choose from this year are even companies I had ever heard of before. I am actually willing to pay additional in health insurance to make sure those less fortunate who experience health issues get covered, but this system is definitely not working.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think it is related. If Obamacare is a disaster, Trumpcare is a nightmare of incredible proportions. It has a fee/fine for coverage gap. It will increase the number of uninsured. It will decrease the number of people on medicaid that deserve it. It will raise costs incredibly.

For once I agree with you. Trump should let Obamacare collapse. After this, the Republicans will own that crap.

You underestimate the Democrats ability to pass blame onto others.

If Trump did nothing, and Obamacare collapsed..... it would be his fault, according ti the Democrats.
edit on b000000312017-03-14T05:15:18-05:0005America/ChicagoTue, 14 Mar 2017 05:15:18 -0500500000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The monthly premium is very expensive with a high deductible. I've never had a break in health insurance. I am in good health.

But...in the last three years every time I go to the doctor for something minor, the doctors offices and insurance companies find a way to code it so that the visit isn't covered at all. For example... a recent doctor visit, the doctor office coded so that my doctor visit isn't covered and they sent the lab work to a lab that doesn't even participate in the plan. I called both the insurance company and the doctor office to get it straight but both parties pawn it off on the other, neither taking responsibility. The insurance rep even mentioned to me on the phone that the Doctors Offices are manipulating the system. The insurance company offered to call the doctor office on my behalf, put me on hold for less than a minute and came back stating they could not get through. They then informed me they would continue calling until they could reach them, to this day, more than a week later I have heard nothing back. Immediately after my phone call to the insurance company, I called the doctor office and got through with no problem but again was met with resistance and refusal to code my doctor visit correctly.

So not only do we have the issue with steep increases with Obamacare, but we also have the Doctors offices and Insurance companies playing games and manipulating the claims in a manner that pins the full bill onto the patient, even in cases where it should be covered.

& let me point out that open enrollment is extremely difficult as well. They don't have it together. I have zero faith in them and zero trust due to this process. I had to "Re Sign Up" about five to six times, over a 4 month period. I started getting emails to re enroll back in October of 2016, so I began enrollment as soon as I could. I fully signed myself and daughter up for coverage, even had email confirming we were ready to go on the new plan. But on their end they removed my daughter without a word to me. The next time I logged back in, they tell me my daughter is eligible for medicaid so she can't be on the plan. I am confused because she was not eligible for it in 2016. So they can't help me with any answers on how the medicaid process works and I have to call my local Social Services. After speaking with them, they inform me that she still is not eligible and the only reason it spit her out was because her case wasn't closed from 2016 when she was denied. So they close it and send me a letter showing she is denied so that we can move forward with the insurance sign up again. I called the govt marketplace back and the rep walks me through sign up over the phone. All is complete and I have email confirming such. I am now waiting on the process to pay the first bill.

When I receive the bill in the mail from the insurance company, it is for the wrong $ amount. I call them and they say it is only me on the insurance plan (not my daughter) and that they can't help me, I need to call the govt marketplace to have it fixed. So i call the marketplace back. We go through the sign up process again to add my daughter again and I am told the issue will resolve and when it does the insurance company will bill me the difference in premium amount since my daughter is added into the plan again.

Finally I think all the issues are resolved. By now it is early in January and I cut my finger really bad. I log into my insurance to print my ID card so I can go to the doctor. When I log into the plan it is in CANCELED status. I'm sitting there bleeding out really badly so kinda panicked. I call both the insurance and marketplace back and both parties are saying they can't help me and pawning it off on the other. I blow ! I've already paid my premium but they say I have NO insurance ? How can this be ? I refuse to get off the phone and the insurance rep does a conference call with the marketplace. They can't explain why I am showing canceled in the system. They say its going to take a while to get it fixed and they don't have a member ID for me yet. I am told by the insurance rep to just go to the doctor and give my name and the insurance company and they should be able to look me up in the system. I do this but the doctor office refuses to do it. The doctor office tells me I will have to pay $300 out of pocket to be seen. I walked out without care.

About mid February the account is finally active again, but not until I called back again to inquire into why it is still showing Canceled. I was finally able to print a card from the Insurance company website but there is a new problem. The plan states there are 3 people on it, but there should be only two. They have my daughter listed twice. I called them to point it out and the insurance company is telling me they can't help me, that only the marketplace can fix it. I called the marketplace again and they say my account is still mixed up in the other CANCELED status issue and until that issue is resolved they can't fix the new issue.

To this day on my marketplace account they show us as CANCELED, and on the health insurance they show three people on the plan. They assure me that this won't affect us being covered by insurance and that it didn't falsely increase my rates being that it should only be two people on the plan. But I have zero faith in anything they say or do.

Between the Marketplace, the Insurance company, the Doctor offices and Social Services... none of them are working together. I did all the work calling back and forth between all of them to point out all the errors and discrepancies to get them fixed. & they still are not fixed. Its a sick game. I think they have fraud going on within... and why would I not think like that after the fiasco that has played out and continues to this day.

leolady

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

He is trying to change it for the worse and Obama couldn't change it because if he had tried to republicans would have pulled this crap they are now.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Lots of us have.

I still don't have a doctor because of it, although I'm finally close- just in time for things to charge again.

Meanwhile I've racked up a few thousand dollars in hospital bills for what used to cost $40.
Just needed some antibiotics, is all.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm starting to believe that some anti-America, foreign power controls this network.

I'm pretty sure that CNN = CIA News Network, because of how they can always be counted on to support the Deep State's agenda.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have coverage thru my job, but I'm still getting screwed by Obamacare. Costs have been spiraling every year since Obamacare was implemented, while the level of coverage provided gets steadily worse. My company seems to change healthcare providers every year because they're trying to find one that is still somewhat affordable.

I've had to select a plan with a really high deductible in order to keep the costs from taking too big a bite out of my paycheck. Also, there is a 20% coinsurance after the deductible is met, and I'm pretty sure the insurance company is using some kind of accounting gimmickry to make sure 100% of my healthcare expenses aren't applied to my deductible.
edit on 14-3-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

INSURANCE HERE IS A JOKE. With $7000 - 12000 deductibles attached to the "bargain" plans you need to have one foot in the grave before insurance pays for anything

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

It was doomed to fail the minute Congress got ahold of it. Too many there with too much interest in it not really changing much.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Someone shoould start a thread about this. Is there one already?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: xuenchenI'd love to see Trump ban CNN from any and all White House activity...

I really want to jump on that bandwagon, too, but then when there is another liberal in office, we couldn't cry if they banned media from the other side that get things wrong a lot.

Instead of banning media, I just wish that he (Trump) would promote the idea of people paying attention to life instead of relying on 'Big Media' to feed them the "truth" (or, in CNN's case, malfunction their way out of exposing reality).

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi There.....I had a GREAT insurance when I was at my previous company. Was paying about...$500 a month for coverage that had a $100 deductible and NO copay. To get even remotly close insurance with Obama care i was gonna have to pay about $1800 a month. I couldn't afford it. So, until recently, my family had to go without insurance, because I couldnt bring myself to pay even $300 a month for insurance with a $12,000 deductible. Is that EVEN insurance??? Anyway, thats my story....a reply to: Sharparrow

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join