It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush Art Book Tops Best Seller List.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The Telegraph is reporting that former President George W Bush's Book of Paintings has topped the Washington Post's list of best sellers.

The article by Harriet Alexander is here:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The book, published on February 28, is currently top of The Washington Post’s list of best sellers. And their chief art critic, Philip Kennicott, said that the 66 portraits of former soldiers, sold in aid of veterans, show the former president honing his craft.

In the book, entitled Portraits of Courage: A commander in chief’s tribute to America’s warriors, Mr Bush writes about each of the soldiers he depicted.

The profits from the book will be donated to a military and veterans’ initiative run by the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

I think this is noble and it reveals a man who is spending his years after office thinking about veterans. There is obviously therapeutic value in this pursuit for him, too. Do we think he got off lightly? Of course he did not; he is a human being with a conscience and I expect he has struggled with post office blues.

This respectful gesture is most welcome and I wish him success. Remembering the military who are the back bone of our security.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I'd rather see him on the Most Wanted List in America than his ability to draw pictures.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Do you think you could do better than he then?

Judge not, because you don't know how it feels; you didn't walk the walk, you only talk the talk.
edit on 13-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Bush Art Book Tops Best Seller List

get a grip on reality, it's a scam...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is done by all politicians, not something new or a Republican thing. Biased reporting by a blogger.a reply to: Infoshill

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Anyone can hire a ghostwriter, I wonder why he doesn't write about his military service?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Lol, Hitler was 'artistic', too. His book was a 'best seller', too. Even though it didn't sell much.

They needed both people to be represented as more human. Like giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize and the White Helmets an Oscar.

Warmongers are so full of themselves, the disconnect is glaring and laughable.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think, in general, all these politician book deals are little more than bribery or money laundering. Who is to say how much a book is worth? Most people who write a book get a nominal fee and then a portion of sales. But didn't Obama get some ridiculous amount up front? Get real, how many people are going to buy a book of art by George W. Bush?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Neith

Do you think you could do better than he then?

Judge not, because you don't know how it feels; you didn't walk the walk, you only talk the talk.
Well.. the artwork is pretty much crap. The subject matter? The soldiers whom he knowingly sent to certain doom based on several lies for the whims of his and cheney's board of directors. This is like a child rapist getting applause for painting terrible pictures of his victims.

The charity this money is going to?

The profits from the book will be donated to a military and veterans’ initiative run by the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

Belongs to his family. He's giving the money back to his own charity.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, painting a good likeness of someone is difficult. Mr Bush's work has a sort of paint-by-numbers quality to it, but I think it's admirable for someone without formal training.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ok now i understand.

get over yourself, some of us have good days and some bad ones.

today is the latter.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
...and the rich get richer. When you have name recognition you can always take advantage of it. I'm sure there are other artists that are much more talented but have neither the money nor the name recognition to publish their work. He may be a talented artist, but I wouldn't doubt his name recognition is what catapulted his book to the best sellers list.

I subscribe to Neith's comments...

I'd rather see him on the Most Wanted List in America than his ability to draw pictures.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He sold humanity out to the Saud Arabian Wahhabis for material wealth. Doing something good that karma wise is 1 million part of the damage you have done do not fix the rest. It is a start but this soul will probably have to spend thousands of lifetimes to fix this life.

new topics

top topics

join