It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender issues and the end of Empire.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What if people with dwarfism decided to demand that public spaces be re-ordered to reflect their physical size as a matte of reasonable accommodation?

Lousy analogy. Everybody would have to bend over everywhere. That analogy is way too silly.
Reminds me of that movie "Being John Malkovich".

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: continuousThunder

How do you know what the opposite sex feels like? I don't even know what being female feels like.

I know I've either seen you, or others in threads you have been involved with, ask this very question and I've seen various answers that have satisfactorily answered your question; some I relate to, others I might not. But they all have one thing in common: you ignore the answer.

From my own experience? How do I know what the "opposite sex" feels like? I don't. Most people with gender dysphoria don't. Children with gender dysphoria who don't have evil ignorant # head parents? Virtually none of them know what it feels like as the "opposite gender". Adults who survived gender dysphoria through substance abuse, suicide attempts, and epic attempts to affirm a gender role they don't identify with (through military or other types of gender-affirming roles)... they also don't identify with the "opposite gender".

No. In my own experience, I cannot answer your question because I simply do not know what it feels like to be the "opposite gender". I only know what it feels like to be a woman. In my case, a woman who was assigned with the male designation when I was born. I never knew what the "opposite sex" felt like and, instead, only knew what I was supposed to feel like, while trying to play that role. So to ask me, a transsexual woman, what it is like to feel like the "opposite sex" is the same as asking yourself, Ketsuko. Because I don't know what it feels like to be a man any more than you do.

But I know what a woman feels like. It feels like me.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you know what the opposite sex feels like? I don't even know what being female feels like.

Which sex do an intersex person feel like? I wonder.

edit on 3/14/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Dunno but when they are trangendering dogs you know their is a problem vvnewstarget.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Dunno but when they are trangendering dogs you know their is a problem vvnewstarget.com...

+1 on your creative use of an adjective as a verb!

However, if you want to mock and demean transgender people, why don't you just come out and say it instead of trying to infer some stupid story has anything to do with them/us. No sense not showing your true colors since it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

To his credit whilst that story seems blatantly fake, it's more about mocking the crazy liberals than mocking any trans people.

Why does everyone need to try and normalise everything.
Trans people are weird.
Dwarf people are weird.
Tall people are weird.

Why can't we all just accept there's plenty of weirdo's and get on with our day?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Exactly! if your feeling too precious today that's ok. It's true we are all weird its not just about you.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
We could talk about what "the end of a historic period" means (as far as I can tell history just keeps going), but as far as I can tell transgendered have always been around.

No one disputes that. I think Professor Paglia's main point is the impact of broad acceptance of transgender behavior as equivalent to the rest of mainstream society.

I wouldn't even say it's transgender itself that is the problem, but the acceptance of multiple deviant behaviors that erode at the normalcy and tradition that bind a culture together.

Cue the cries of something-phobia. I'm used to it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: Freija

To his credit whilst that story seems blatantly fake, it's more about mocking the crazy liberals than mocking any trans people.

Why does everyone need to try and normalise everything.
Trans people are weird.
Dwarf people are weird.
Tall people are weird.

Why can't we all just accept there's plenty of weirdo's and get on with our day?

Because some weirdos are more equal than others.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
I know I've either seen you, or others in threads you have been involved with, ask this very question and I've seen various answers that have satisfactorily answered your question; some I relate to, others I might not. But they all have one thing in common: you ignore the answer.

That's probably me (I'm ketsuko's husband, so the confusion is understandable) and I have *never* seen that question answered satisfactorily. That's why I keep asking it. Maybe people come back and answer the question when the thread is dead, after hours, etc.

But I know what a woman feels like. It feels like me.

Unsatisfactory answer. Of course you feel like you. Everyone feels like themself, ie 'an individual.' In order for a man to know they should be a woman (or vice versa) they must have some point of reference, and there simply is no way they can. They can convince themselves they are the opposite sex, and that's it. *shrug*

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That is different because we don't have dog brain, even though we do have animal parts from millions of years ago (which is an hint to why they want to transition to animals but that's for another subject.)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I wouldn't even say it's transgender itself that is the problem, but the acceptance of multiple deviant behaviors that erode at the normalcy and tradition that bind a culture together.

Who is forcing you to accept "deviant" behaviors? And the "normal" and "traditional" marriages must not be that strong if the 1% is able to break that up.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I kinda wanna cry something-phobia about that..

When you start using terms like deviant you're bringing into the argument moral superiority.
That's where the line should be drawn I think.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

i blame twerking as the beginning of the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Unsatisfactory answer.

Here's an idea. Ask your wife to tell you what being a woman feels like. She says she doesn't have any clue.

After you've dismissed her womanhood because she can't put it into words, get back to us on that.

PS
Four pages in already and you're late. We've missed you but it feels like home now.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well.
interesting, mysterious, and not at all telling, the way the naysayers have all ghosted on this thread.
i bet we're not going to have to have this exact same conversation with the exact same people the very next time some ignorant jerk makes the news trying to control the lives of those they don't understand, no sir.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
May 9, 2017

I was reading this article, tranzgendr.com... which (incorrectly) describes the effects that ObamaCare repeal/replace will have on the Transgender community.

WHY IS THIS???

""Transgender people are two times more likely to be unemployed than the average worker, and three times as likely to have a yearly income of $10,000 or less.""

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
All she is seeing is a culture's increased ability to record events and document people.

Evidence for this claim? You could just as easily say that you're seeing an increased tolerance and acceptance of the phenomenon, not an "increased ability to record events." (Specify?)

For example, even the most amateur history enthusiast knows that the Roman Republic/Early Principate was extremely conservative/traditionalist, while the late empire could be described as far more "libertine."
edit on 10-5-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Lets not get into this, but its a Lesbian Gay Transgender thingy, which always seems to come at the end of a historic period. Why is the question/ when its more important to decide what toilet to use, than to question why the national debt is 20 trillion and un payable.

Because as long as those in power can keep us focused on everything else and divided , they don't have to worry about us unifying and putting a stop to their bs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join