It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help from WebDesign Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've been looking for a gadget for a blogger that would embed image and headline by posting links similar to how facebook does it.

The end result would be similar to this:

I was wondering if this was possible with a gadget. My HTML knowledge only extends so far, and I don't have the brains to write up a code like this. But I suspect it would involve flash or Javascript.
If there is a way to also make it auto refresh (where the post appears without being refreshed).

What I am looking for is a gadget HTML where I can embedd, but I don't know if one already exists. (I don't exactly have a name for what I am looking for, if someone can give me a few names on this, it would be a great help to do some research.)

But is this possible? Especially for a blog or is this only available for domain names only?
I'm mostly old school html, and i really got lazy over the years. Never too late to catch up aye?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

What platform are they using? i.e. Blogger, Wordpress, etc...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It used to be called parsing (html parsing) and, depending on the amount of content and work (computing power / hotlinking) you take from the source, it may be illegal.

www.quora.com...
www.quora.com...

The big companies probably get away with it because they can afford to be sued.
edit on 3/11/2017 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

What platform are they using? i.e. Blogger, Wordpress, etc..

Blogger for the most part. The gadget area.

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

It used to be called parsing (html parsing) and, depending on the amount of content and work (computing power / hotlinking) you take from the source, it may be illegal.

Well technically it is how Matt Drudge does it. but of course he would need permission to do so I think. But technically speaking it is the same as sharing the links on a social network. A backlink back to the user. Marketers usually need backlinks in order to progress in their careers.

It is technically legal with permission.

I read your links yea it is nothing like that. It would be a backlink. zero materials used not even snipets. Simply a link back to the original author to help the authors website grow. It is mostly promoting the artists works.

edit on th2017000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 11 Mar 2017 12:07:29 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 11 Mar 2017 12:07:29 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry, but I don't think they let you post code here...

I wrote out a solution and it came up blank.

So I would go with inserting what is called an iframe.

You can find instructions for that here:

How to create iframes

Good luck with this.
edit on 11-3-2017 by antoinemarionette because: can't post code?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Thanks
will check it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

For what it's worth, I would try to stay away from iframes, IMO they are not future friendly

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Those hyperlinks on drudge report aren't hotlinks - the images are, but someone from drudge report is almost certainly hardcoding the image urls so as not to hotlink to copyrighted material (something a bot wouldn't be able to determine).

If all that you want is something that embeds youtube videos using urls like ats does then you can write something to parse embed urls/page urls without using a web crawler/source calls like twitter/google does.

Edit: I saw your edit: Dude if you have permission you can lift and/or hotlink anything you want using source calls and parsing. The way to call to source will depend on what language you use (java script, php, etc.)

google:"parse external html"
edit on 3/11/2017 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

thanks alot this actually helped. Aye it's mostly to promote artists works. No different than sharing it on tumblr.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Blogger for the most part. The gadget area.

Will this work???

Plugin for Blogger

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Not future-friendly, meaning...

they won't automatically update?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 1/4/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I would like to know a little bit about copyright issue. Because I recently lost my ready content along with images.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join