It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Mixed feelings about this...reading the article it would appear that the process would be voluntary and may mean cheaper insurance costs. To that extent it's not much further than being charged less if you don't smoke, or conversely being charged more if you do.

Smoking is a personal choice, your genetics are not. A BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Voluntary for businesses to mandate.

Cheaper insurance costs for genetic research which is incomplete I think might be unreasonable yet. And even then, we're talking about human beings here.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: UKTruth
Mixed feelings about this...reading the article it would appear that the process would be voluntary and may mean cheaper insurance costs. To that extent it's not much further than being charged less if you don't smoke, or conversely being charged more if you do.

Smoking is a personal choice, your genetics are not. A BIG difference.

And I find myself agreeing with redmage instead of UKTruth in this thread.

My, the wonders of the human heart.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

The burden I bear being an independent.

People from both sides often hate me in one thread, and then completely agree with me in the next.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
make everyone take a genetic test to find "imperfects" whats next.. purging....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Exactly. Genes are a ton of information and potentials. There are some rules about what is expressed that we understand, but so much of it is a mystery as to what environmental factors alter or "flip the switch" on a gene.

It is stupid, ill informed and authoritarian legislation. It needs to die.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: rickymouse

Exactly. Genes are a ton of information and potentials. There are some rules about what is expressed that we understand, but so much of it is a mystery as to what environmental factors alter or "flip the switch" on a gene.

It is stupid, ill informed and authoritarian legislation. It needs to die.

Well, you said it in a simple and to the point way. I got to learn how to do that someday.

I don't think what we presently know or will know in the next five years can justify allowing anyone to use this information as an employer for anything other than checking if a person committed a crime. People who committed serious crimes like rape and murder should be required to have their DNA run. It is too easy to get a different identity nowadays.

Maybe people who vote should also be required to have their DNA done with all the dead people voting and all. Dead people have been voting for many elections, seems like people don't really die.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

The burden I bear being an independent.

People from both sides often hate me in one thread, and then completely agree with me in the next.

I am never hating. Unless they attack my wife.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

i think employers have the right, a business is like a child they want their business to grow and they should be allowed the information to make vital business desisions for efficient growth and inside confidence

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

ur concern would prob be those that use these laws to the extreme but usually people act in a balanced manner

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc
a reply to: Black_Fox

i think employers have the right, a business is like a child they want their business to grow and they should be allowed the information to make vital business desisions for efficient growth and inside confidence

I own a business.

I don't think of it as my child. I think of it as a business.

I have children. A business is not as annoying.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

haha aight, besides that those that really consider every detail about their business and its operations should have the right

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

haha aight, besides that those that really consider every detail about their business and its operations should have the right

No. I don't have the right to take from others what belongs only to their husband or wife.

I'm already paying them less than me. That's enough.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

those that really consider every detail about their business u dont have to use the law but those that want to may so as a business desicion lol either way ur paying them for their service and it is ur money

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

maybe it could be like a ritual selling ur soul for the companys ideals losing ur sense of identity for a greater purpose lol

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

if its a greater purpose its up to the employee

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

government is the same u sell ur soul for the agenda of governemnt so only use the law if u feel the need to

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

those that really consider every detail about their business u dont have to use the law but those that want to may so as a business desicion lol either way ur paying them for their service and it is ur money

I hate the idea of "human resource".

That's one of the reasons I stopped being employed.

I don't know why you think your employees are less important than you, but that's trash.

Let's put it this way: any business owner that wants your DNA should provide theirs to you as well.

I mean, after all - are they fit to be your boss?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

yea its an idea, those that run their business on that philosophy should have that right is all im saying who cares on their ethics just focus on your own business i believe everyone has the right to run things the way they find most effective comfortable or whatever

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

this law doesnt change the way u can run ur business and stuff just new opportunities

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join