It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Continuation. A survivors guide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The title seemed odd enough. The Continuation. That is me, I thought. The odd one out. So I clicked on the thread with mild curiosity, hoping that this would be the thread for me. Something I find interesting. Something that raises my awareness. Just something that I can connect with.

Click. Time to absorb this vast amount of knowledge is all we have. The most valuable thing that truly belongs to each of us.

Time. That is an interesting subject. Imagination often gets lost in it. Sometimes for a eternity. It is something that has a label, but is never truely understood in all of it's facets. Facets that have not yet been realized. Which brings me to the reason for this story. The Continuation.

Long ago, when mankind was young, he was given choices. Choices are those things that everyone is faced with everyday. Choices have a way of reward in this reality. If you make the right choices with your life, doesn't it make sense that life would be good? In order to make a choice, you have to make a decision. That decision is what brings about your next reality, into being. I call it The Continuation.

This story is to draw one out of you. I know others exist that are aware of it. People will call it what they will, but there is no denying it.

Now your decision becomes intricate to this story. For those of you that know of what I speak join me, in The Continuation.

Read this using Morgan Freeman's voice. I think it makes everything better.

The Apple

It seemed to show up a lot. The chillers in the deep knew exactly what it was. The biggest secret in the world. Quinton will be made aware this shortly. He will have questions, that will lead him to choices, which inevitably ends up as decisions.

Quinton is an oddity among the common.

He stares at the apple on the table. Maybe stares is not the right word to describe it. More of an intricate curiosity. He studies every aspect of the apple. He knows the answer is there. He just has to ask the right question.

He has watched the apple, for the last 49 years, 12 months, 30 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes, and 1 second.

His mind runs rampant with anticipation. Under a minute to go and what he searched for would be revealed.
He has became aware of how hard his heart is beating. He began to question himself. Does he really want to know?

30 seconds. He can feel fear come over him. He starts to feel a paralyzing effect down to his bones. Did he make the right decision?
But the apple. It has not changed is almost 50 years. It has stayed alive all these years.

15 seconds. He felt his heart becoming peaceful again. The time is at hand. He has lived for this very moment. He starts to smile, as a warm happiness washes over him.

Quinton's gaze starts to change. He can feel what is coming. He knew it, and it is finally here.

5 seconds. Starts to breath in.

4 seconds. Breathing in.

3 seconds. Hold your breath.

2 seconds. Release your breath.

1 second. Reach for the apple.

In serene atunement with his reality he grabs the apple and bites as he opens himself for the truth.

The horror in his eyes grows wide as he screams,"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!". It was a wax apple.

edit on 9-3-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Is this "The Twilight Zone" revisited? I enjoyed your story very much. Great buildup.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Thank you. No. Not a twilight, but I do see the resemblance now that your mentioned it.
I was just in a mood and decided I was going to write something.
Thanks again.

join