It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A Knight's Tale" - New World of Will

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I beg to differ and disagree. Have you ever watched the film, "A Knight's Tale"? Do you know what a pentagram represents?

1. The entire premise of the movie was a quest to "change the stars", which was accomplished by the use of will.

2. William followed his will and dreams and was successful.

3. In some schools, an upright pentagram represents the goodness of man aligned with Divinity, while an inverted pentagram represents the animalistic tendencies of man aligned with materiality. Animalistic and material tendencies are associated with man's will.

4. After successfully following his will, William joined the inverted pentagram last; William (will) completing the symbol for will.

edit on 3/10/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

That Baphomet pic isnt that old, or accurate. Its a modern interpretation, and amalgamation of several deities.

Itself is symbolic, much like the film, having numerous elements that can be read into, but by no means an accurate depiction of the "Devil"

Lévi's Baphomet, for all its modern fame, does not match the historical descriptions from the Templar trials, although it may also have been partly inspired by grotesque carvings on the Templar churches of Lanleff in Brittany and Saint-Merri in Paris, which depict squatting bearded men with bat wings, female breasts, horns and the shaggy hindquarters of a beast, as well as Viollet-le-Duc's vivid gargoyles that were added to Notre Dame de Paris about the same time as Lévi's illustration.

Baphomet Wiki

edit on 3102017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I know what a pentagram in its true form is, what it represents for you is cultural.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi Very well created thread, yet poor movie choice. It is as blunt as my felling axe after the winter season...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I put a huge warning atop of the post that it was to be taken as satire. It was a reply in jest of the Satanic-Illuminati fanatics.

I do not believe that Baphomet is the Devil or Satan. Instead, I view Eliphas Levi's rendition of the Baphomet as a beautiful and wise depiction of balanced duality and unity.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You initially came into this thread talking about off-topic points. Then you refute my analysis with nothing more than; "Nuh-uh, you're wrong," with absolutely no offer of substance or source material. I am a man that enjoys a good debate based upon facts and evidence, not unsourced opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: Sahabi Very well created thread, yet poor movie choice. It is as blunt as my felling axe after the winter season...

Thank you! But who doesn't enjoy a good romantic comedy every once in a while?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi Yeah its the most popular choice for couples who visit the cinema. But actually there are few really good medival symbolical movies. I watched one last year, it left me and my wife speechless. If I manage to remember the name of any of them, I'll come back and share it here, right now my name keeping part of the brain is failing to get it.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Have you ever heard the tale of pied piper Hamlin?

When, lo! as they reached the mountain-side, A wondrous portal opened wide, As if a cavern was suddenly hollowed; And the Piper advanced and the children followed, And when all were in to the very last, The door in the mountain-side shut fast.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Have you even seen the movie being discussed? I'm not trying to be rude but you seem hellbent on derailing this thread.

Don't you have another "a guy once told me" thread to write up?

Seriously have you seen this film?
A simple yes or no will suffice..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Saha is going as a Freemason, it means also a responsibility towards others and not your own.. If you promote freemasonry and actually misguide and mislead, then you are inflicting harm on a community no matter the intention you are promoting..

If you are stating you understand symbolism and come with a suit of freemasonry, then people will listen to you in blind faith..

I'm stating Sahabi does not know, and I have no responsibility to inform him why, however his parent/mentor is responsible for his guidance..

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I see now,... You have a prejudiced vendetta against Freemasonry, so you are seeking to harass and derail. I will pray for your detrimental state of paranoia.

In no way am I misleading anyone, and this thread is not about Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, if it's symbology, and you are a Freemason..

Do you see the connection? I'm stating don't misguide and put on the mason suit when it suits the purpose

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I still don't see your point.

Are you implying that Freemasonry has a patent on the use of symbolism,... so that every single symbol in the world must be viewed with Freemasonic glasses?

Are you saying that every pentagram in the world is a Freemasonic symbol, regardless of the culture or belief system that is using it?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If I go to a doctor when I'm sick it usually means I trust their professional opinion based on years of studies..

Maybe that was a parable better understood?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You accuse me of ignorance, but you provide no tangible information as a rebuttal.

A non-trick question for you: Did you know that a single symbol can mean many different things to many different people?

If the Pentagram means Venus to an astrologer,... Sopdet to the ancient Egyptians,... the use of will by occultists,... the divine man by esoterists,... evil to ceremonial magicians,... the 5 elements by nature traditionalists,... and may or may not have a meaning to Freemasonry,....

If I analyze a movie wherein the central theme is "will power", I will choose to use the "will" interpretation.

You can use the "mason suit" and "doctor" allegories all you want, but someone still has to fix the car or make dinner.

P.S.
You are slandering me. With such an outrageous accusation, please tell us all how I am misleading anyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be better if you used those references you wrote down instead of a subjective?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Now coming up with the Subjective/Objective straw man?

I objectively said this in the op:

"The inverted pentagram is often symbolic for matter over spirit and the cultivation of wants and desires, which is the practice of will."

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

He doesn't want to answer your question, and he avoids when he is proven wrong. He has been private messaging me in the past trying to pin me against other Freemasons of ATS. I honestly believe that his mission is to derail, troll, and waste people's time.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I rewatched the movie again and took notes. I'll be rewatching the commentary soon to take more notes.

At some point in the next few days I will try to post my take on it.

Did you notice her referral to William as a true hunter, and how after the final scene it cuts to the night skyand it is centered on Orion...

Or his baptism in the river while he mastered his jousting...

Side trivia .. the director/writer was a fisherman before attending Loyola Marymount university..

Also he wrote conspiracy theory, the mel Gibson movie..

Anyhow thanks for the thread again!

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join