It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C Effective in Targeting Cancer Stem Cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The article is brief, but the title says it all. I didn't really delve deeply into the source, but thought it interesting and perhaps helpful.

For those who are interested in alternative cancer treatments, I'd also point to the combo of vitamin c (as L-ascorbic acid) and Maitake Mushroom D'fraction as a non toxic chemo that has repeatably killed 90%+ of cancer cells in a test-tube over 24 hrs (70%+ for lung cancers)... and preliminary anecdotal reports indicate it may do the same in the human body at sufficient concentrations.

www.sciencedaily.com...
edit on 3/9/2017 by Baddogma because: added link . doh

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Knew someone who was diagnosed with a treatable cancer, could have easily gotten rid of it.
Died 6 months later because he relied on V-C supplements.

Moral of the story, each case of cancer is different. But an over all blanket treatment like chemotherapy should never be replaced with something that your body sends and uses elsewhere other than fighting cancer to begin with.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No doubt ... never "replace" but as an adjunct, for certain situations and properly used, why not?

There is a whole lot of half knowledge and hearsay in alt health, but there is a core that is supported by good science. Learning the details and how sort through the b.s. is important, but by all means listen to the oncologists and not some flaky quack trying to sell snake oil.

Vit c is not snake oil, though, and by itself, it isn't as effective against many cancers, true ... in combination, though, there seems to be a there, there.

I am privy to some early studies and if I had cancer, I'd educate myself a bit more and take that combo I mentioned above... because there is no down side to trying that I can glean.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

From what I understand V-C plays a role in hiding symptoms, it's an anti histamine. So if you have the flu, it'll dampen the symptoms.
The science behind it, I am unsure, but I am sure it helps the body focus on more important tasks, like fighting a fever, or regulating fluids while ill.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Should be noted you would be much better to use Liposomal vitamin C, not saying to use it as a cure and disregard other treatment.
Taking too much pill form vitamin c can cause kidney stones
they hurt like a mofo.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah, liposomal is remarkable ... but as far as kidney stones, yes and no.

As far as the orthomolecular wonks I know tell me, well made vit c won't directly cause kidney stones... it's more the impurities in many supplements (esp pill form) and dehydration that is caused by diarrhea when too much vit c is taken at one time... it is water soluble and just flushes into the large intestine when the body has used what it needs.

An interesting factor is that "bowel tolerance" or the level that gives one diarrhea changes with how much v-c the body is using. One can use it as a gauge for how much to supplement.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I speak from experience, having said that everyone's body may react different..I do not recall any bowel issues.
Only had stones the one time after loading up on C pill's for a week or two..stopped and have not been afflicted since..thank god.
Worst experience of my life.
You could be quite right though on it being impurities or binding agents that caused the issue.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Yeah... the kidney stone issue is brought up a whole lot but I have to say the fifty or so people I know who take over 10 grams of powdered c a day have never had kidney stones... and neither have I, and I've taken a gram or three a day since a toddler, and there is some evidence it actually protects against kidney stones (magnesium helps, too, if memory serves).

So correlation is not causation... and as we die without v-c and the science strongly indicates the daily allowances the FDA recommends is woefully inadequate, especially considering modern diet, it's not a great reason to avoid it... though I know kidney stones are one of the most painful things imaginable.

And I wanted to stress that the anti-cancer properties of v-c by itself is so-so, though I've spoken to many folks convinced IV v-c infusions beat their cancers, but it is the new (since 2012) combination of c and that particular Maitake mushroom d'fraction that is so darned effective vs hard cancers... so far.

But it's early into what shoe-string testing there is, and as there isn't a patent for that combo there likely will never be any big studies, but as far as anecdotal reports go, it is very exciting.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here is another article to add to this thread. www.sciencedaily.com...

It goes more into the method of how it works I think.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Knew someone who was diagnosed with a treatable cancer, could have easily gotten rid of it.
Died 6 months later because he relied on V-C supplements.

Moral of the story, each case of cancer is different. But an over all blanket treatment like chemotherapy should never be replaced with something that your body sends and uses elsewhere other than fighting cancer to begin with.

You realize Your body can only absorb so much vitamin C through the stomach? The only way to get the levels needed is to use a injectable vitamin C daily.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Actually Vitamin C cures just about every ailment out there. Anyone who has studied Vitamin C the levels I have understand this.

It appears that there are renewed efforts and studies going on. Let's hope they take hold. It would put the medical industry out of business.

I highly recommend reading the threads in my signature.

And watch this 2 hour video - it may save your life.

And no... vitamin C does not cause kidney stones.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join