It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones for Bees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The poisons in our world are killing our pollinators. Which means we won't be able to grow the food we need for ourselves and our food animals. Which means we will die of starvation. But technology may offer a solution.

Fleets of drones could pollinate future crops

...Insects, especially bees, help pollinate both food crops and wild plants. But pollinators are declining worldwide due to habitat loss, disease and exposure to pesticides, among other factors (SN: 1/23/16, p. 16).

Miyako, a chemist at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology in Tsukuba, Japan, became passionate about the loss of pollinators after watching a TV documentary. He remembers thinking: “I need to create something to solve this problem.”

His answer was in an 8-year-old jar in his lab.

Not sayin' I don't think the whole situation isn't monumentally stupid.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

There is a show on Netflix called Black Mirror, it's like a modern Twilight Zone involving technology.

One episode addresses this very topic.

I think any technology can be hacked or commandeered, so all resources should be utilized to implement safeguards.

But on the other hand, what's a little Drone Bee Swarm murder when it comes to our continued survival as a species?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Example Video uses floral plant
and not a food plant.
$20. drone

Yeah
he better get that #
dialed in.

I prefer the Growing your greens method

Relax Don't Do it

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: soficrow

There is a show on Netflix called Black Mirror, it's like a modern Twilight Zone involving technology.

One episode addresses this very topic.

I think any technology can be hacked or commandeered, so all resources should be utilized to implement safeguards.

But on the other hand, what's a little Drone Bee Swarm murder when it comes to our continued survival as a species?

Wow. ...Don't do netflix but that sounds like a GREAT show. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join