It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do they Do this??!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
We just got,3 weeks ago,a lovely sweet female Husky named Kelly,from longtime friends of ours,who are getting divorced. On Tuesday we left her alone at home for the first time,well not totally alone,our one Great Dane and Fox Terrier was inside also to keep her company. We were just going to be gone for about 2 hours,taking our son to kickboxing practice and getting one or two groceries.

After my son's kickboxing session we stopped at a local pub where my husband's bestie Nick works. Our friend Haley who gave the Husky to us,also stopped by and we were sitting chatting+having a beer when Haley got a phonecall. I was talking to her daughter so i didn't hear what was being said but the moment she finished she told us: "Better get home,Kelly is running around on the mine,a guy just called me to say" (we live on a goldmine out in the Bush)

Kelly has a collar with a name+phone number tag,but the number on the tag is still Haley's phone number,we need to change it to one of ours asap.

I said :"What?!? that is Impossible!"

Nick said;"Well huskies are Houdini's,no dog is an escape artist like a Husky"

But i mean we live in South Africa,so All outer doors have added steel security doors,all windows have bars. The spaces between the security bars of the doors are about 10 cm. Our Fox Terrier cannot even get out through the security doors! And although Huskies are comprised of a Lot of fur,her basic frame is still much larger than that of the Fox Terrier. No windows broken,no other way than through the doors..How is this possible??

Anyway we did some low flying back to the mine,and one of my son's friends pointed us to the house where she was being kept,luckily the guy who found her and phoned my friend thought to keep her in his yard till we got back to the mine.

But we are Flummoxed..how the hell did she get out,out between the bars of a steel security that even a Fox Terrier cannot get out of?

As we left,my friend Haley laughed and said:"She's a supernatural dog" Seems like it too

edit on 9-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
You should set up a video camera, it would be fun to see how the dog does this. She could be the next YouTube sensation.

edit on 9-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We must consider that yes
Because it's bugging us - so weird

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I used to keep our dogs gated in the kitchen but the one dog, who had agility training, would always be on the other side when we got home. I kept making the gate higher and eventually had two gates wire tied together that were almost five feet high but she still got out.

I ended up recording her waiting until we left, she then climbed up the gate and jumped off the top. It was like watching a monkey-dog.

At this point we don't even put up the gate. What's the point.

edit on 9-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I agree, huskies are escape artists. My Molly is one. I used to have her and he daughter in a room in a trailer. I had to barricade the room to keep them in. It still didn't work. I swear they listened to what I was doing and figured out how to go around it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I used to keep our dogs gated in the kitchen but the one dog, who had agility training, would always be on the other side when we got home. I kept making the gate higher and eventually had two gates wire tied together that were almost five feet high but she still got out.

I ended up recording her waiting until we left, she then climbed up the gate and jumped off the top. It was like watching a monkey-dog.

At this point we don't even put up the gate. What's the point.

Try this idea. If nothing else, it will be fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wonder if they make larger versions for my basement guest room.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I had a similar experience back in SA many years ago. My brother had a black cocker spaniel, who hated being outdoors and always wanted to be in the house. We were living together then. I was working from home that day and he was out at work, when I got a call from the office and had to head in.

It was summer and I wasn't go to leave her in the house, in case she did any damage so I left her outside (standard protocol for when nobody was home). I get a phone call from brother a few hours later asking me if I took her with me. She loved hopping in the car with us, even if it meant she stayed in it for a while. She'd prefer that to being left home alone. So I tell him no, I left her at home. He says he just got home and she's nowhere to be found. I panic thinking she might have slipped out the front gates when I opened them to reverse the car out the driveway.

I rush back home and we each drive around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes, but no sighting. So we both go back home, thinking we should phone the SPCA and report this. Open the front door and who's smiling and wagging her tail at us??

I knew 100% she was outside when I left, so we started trying to figure out how she got BACK in the house! Eventually we solved the riddle, due to a broken blind in my bedroom. I left the window open about 8-10 inches (20-25cms) for air, but there are steel burglar bars on the inside, much smaller gaps than that. If it wasn't for the broken blind, we'd never have figured out that's how she got in.

Even more perplexing, the brick window sill was about a 1 - 1.2 meter above ground and about 20cm broad. To think she managed to jump on there, balance herself and somehow squeeze between the window and the burglar bars, is something to this we day still can't get our heads around. Crazy mutt.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes that could be a Lotta fun
Never saw that contraption before. Seems to work well too.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies and anecdotes,everyone. The mystery continues

Also while she was gone she must have rolled in something nasty. Her fur was clean,but she was Reeking hellaciously so we bathed her,using the puppy shampoo we still had left. Very next day she started moulting. I woke up the next morning,and first thing when i saw her i thought she looked so moth-eaten all of a sudden. My hubby says it's because it's before winter here now,they moult before winter so she would have started anyway but it happened just the next day after the bath.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Is there any chance at all that she managed to sneak out with you when you left?

Not only are Huskies escape artists, but they seem to think rules do not apply to them.
If they cannot scale or jump a fence, they WILL dig under it!!!!!!

And, they are cute and they know it....here is our Emily who died June 2015.....when she was a pup.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Aaaww DTOM Emily was a darling
! Yes they have the cutest faces,my Chloe has this way of cocking her head to one side with also this silly expression she gets on her face+ then i just have to stop what i'm doing and give her hugsies

No she didn't sneak out because i was the last one out and saw her behind the security door with our Fox Terrier and Dane,in the washroom
And it happened again the other day.

My hubby gets up earlier than me and opens the wooden door by the washroom for fresh air + some windows.Later he went to sleep for a while again, he had a headache.It was Saturday actually so my son and i were also still asleep.First thing i do when i wake up is open my window for fresh air- and that morning i see Chloe outside by the garage.

I run to go get her and see the security door is still locked,the Terrier is still inside.So Somehow she gets through those bars,10 cm bars..so weird

edit on 15-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

top topics

join