It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

Not giving to charity, lying about what he is worth? I am not saying he is illegal, just saying that these are not signs of a person of high character, not that many of our last presidents have been. But at least, they somewhat laid it out there.

I am a Trump supporter, I don't think you will ever hear me say he is a "high character" individual. He won the Presidency calling his opponents, "Low Energy Jeb", "Little Marco", "Lyin' Ted Cruz", "Crooked Hillary", lol. But not releasing his tax returns isn't illegal, and his policies will be better for the US than what we have had the last few decades, so I wouldn't be terribly hung up on the fact that he isn't a huge donator, or pays a low tax rate etc.

Accusing the prior administration of felony crimes, I believe, is unprecedented in the history of our country. To have a known douche weasel like Bannon on the NSC, come on man, he has got to go.

As for Bannon, I like him, he is a staunch economic nationalist, something we desperately need.

I don't know much about Steve Bannon, but as a former Navy man, like myself, he must love the country. Don't know why some call him racist.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

As far as I know you are not running or holding public office. While I agree that tax info and medical records are personal information, there is a certain level of transparency expected, Trump has not met those expectations for many Americans, nor has he kept his word. The fact that he has not kept his word is more important in my evaluation of him as a human being.

ETA: As far as unnamed sources in your last paragraph, according to the glorious leader, that is all fake news.

From what I can find, Putin does not hold a PhD.

Thats the real key there.

People have an irrational belief that their expectations should be met. Its how customer service measures customer satisfaction. "Did we meet your expectations?"

But what if someone has no right to an expectation?

The only thing I blame Trump for is not properly managing expectations. I wouldn't realease my tax returns. Why should he? To silence a bunch of squeaky wheels? What, exactly, does that do for him? They'll just start squeaking about something else.

I have to ask myself if people have reasonable expectations.

It is late, I am tired, but at one point Trump came out and said if elected he would release them. He established the expectations, and now he is whelching on the bet.

Im unsurprised. I've spent my whole life with the folks in DC pissing on me and telling me its raining.

Me personally? Its so irrelevant to release that I don't care if he blows it off or not. Maybe once the wolves stop salivating at the gates he can take the time to do something menaingless like this silly gesture that, really, only does one thing: sate the voyeuristic desires of Americans.

Hell, Gitmo's still open. Talk about campaign promises being blown. Like i said..im unsurprised.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Metallicus

Conflicts of interest, namely foreign conflicts of interest. The president can't have these things and Trump definitely has many foreign conflicts of interest. Funny enough, it's well known as soon as he became the prez and starting speaking to foreign leaders one of the many things he spoke about was his businesses in said country.

Jimmy Carter had to give up his families peanut farm yet has Trump given up his busineses for the Oval Office?

Had Hillary Clinton told the public she would be more than happy to release her tax returns and then refuse too, I'm sure all the Trump supporting conservatives would have been A-Okay with that.

The fact he refuses to release them is proof he's hiding something. How about you stop being a partisan hack and hold Trump to the same standards you would any Democrat?

Do you understand what the word "proof" means??

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hilary hasn't produced the deleted emails. I guess we chose to forget that part of the deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

Not giving to charity, lying about what he is worth? I am not saying he is illegal, just saying that these are not signs of a person of high character, not that many of our last presidents have been. But at least, they somewhat laid it out there.

I am a Trump supporter, I don't think you will ever hear me say he is a "high character" individual. He won the Presidency calling his opponents, "Low Energy Jeb", "Little Marco", "Lyin' Ted Cruz", "Crooked Hillary", lol. But not releasing his tax returns isn't illegal, and his policies will be better for the US than what we have had the last few decades, so I wouldn't be terribly hung up on the fact that he isn't a huge donator, or pays a low tax rate etc.

I know.

What amount of charity would be enough for them to say, "ok, he's good" ?

Maybe he's worth a lot more than he claims.

Should be no one's biz but his and his accountant, outside of the IRS.

I bet these people would want to see what's in his underwear drawer.

Maybe someone should make a law.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I don't know much about Steve Bannon, but as a former Navy man, like myself, he must love the country. Don't know why some call him racist.

I don't know, maybe little things like using a picture of Harambe to represent Obama in a Breitbart article?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Yes I would like to see him, if he wasn't hiding anything he would have had his last ten years in the New York Post. Right?

How can he hide something from the government that he has given to the government?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

What would happen if we didn't file returns? If taxes were levied on consumption? What would sate their voyeuristic proclivities then?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

i am positive he knows how to play the laws and take advantage of regulations in order to pay probably less taxes than myself.

All legal...0% moral

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

0% moral to you, maybe.

Look, i don't like the fact that the wealthy can leverage loopholes that are beyond my reach.....

....but if im blaming anyone im blaming the countless Democrats and Republicans who have conspired to make it this way. I can't fault an individual for behaving in a lawful manner when doing so is exactly why and how the laws were created to begin with.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then you must have the Obamas and Clintons who get paid to create those loopholes.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I don't think it's anybody's business to see other people's tax returns. Those are documents between the individual/family and the government, not public documents. To me it seems to be a terrible invasion of privacy. I certainly would never put my personal tax returns out in public. It's not that I've got something to hide, I just don't feel that the information contained there is anyone's business and should stay between me, my accountant and Uncle Sam. I won't ask politicians to do what I would not be comfortable doing myself.
I feel the same about medical records. There are reasons for the laws that make these documents private. If a busybody wants to see those documents they need to stand before a judge and say why.

If the Donald is a puppet of the Russians---as long as the Russians want us to get jobs back to the US, rebuild our infrastructure, bring our troops home from the middle east and tend to our veterans, I'm all for it. At this point I don't really give two good whips who or what turns this country around, just that some major changes get done. If the Donald is smart, he'll meet with Putin and pick his brain about economic recovery. The man has a PhD in the subject. If memory serves me his dissertation is all about the economic recovery of Germany after WWII. He's probably the smartest world leader the Donald will meet.

I'm told by people who have known and worked for/with him for over 30 years that he seeks out people smarter than himself. They say that when faced with problems beyond his scope his favorite quip is, "We need a smart person."

As far as I know you are not running or holding public office. While I agree that tax info and medical records are personal information, there is a certain level of transparency expected, Trump has not met those expectations for many Americans, nor has he kept his word. The fact that he has not kept his word is more important in my evaluation of him as a human being.

ETA: As far as unnamed sources in your last paragraph, according to the glorious leader, that is all fake news.

Your research into Putin didn't go far enough. He obtained his PhD in the mid '90s. Search harder. There was a lot of controversy about his dissertation---but I guess you missed that too.

The unnamed sources are members of my extended family who have known Trump for over 30 years, working for and with him on various business and charity projects. Since they've hat lots more contact with him over a sustained period of time, I'll take their word over msm. They have no reason to lie about a 30+ year relationship.

You are correct that I am not currently running for office or holding office. However, I have run for office in the past and I would never expose my tax returns or medical records to the public. It matters not a whit that you or any other person might have "expectations" of such reveals from candidates. As a paraphrase of my Dad used to say, "Expect in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first." The bottom line is that medical records and tax returns are deemed private documents simply because they are none of your business---no matter how much you screech and cry for lack of them. People running for and even winning public office don't give up their legal right to privacy. Please explain how your "expectations" override the right to privacy. Where is your right to see anybody's tax or medical records?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't think it's anybody's business to see other people's tax returns. Those are documents between the individual/family and the government, not public documents. To me it seems to be a terrible invasion of privacy. I certainly would never put my personal tax returns out in public. It's not that I've got something to hide, I just don't feel that the information contained there is anyone's business and should stay between me, my accountant and Uncle Sam. I won't ask politicians to do what I would not be comfortable doing myself.
I feel the same about medical records. There are reasons for the laws that make these documents private. If a busybody wants to see those documents they need to stand before a judge and say why.

If the Donald is a puppet of the Russians---as long as the Russians want us to get jobs back to the US, rebuild our infrastructure, bring our troops home from the middle east and tend to our veterans, I'm all for it. At this point I don't really give two good whips who or what turns this country around, just that some major changes get done. If the Donald is smart, he'll meet with Putin and pick his brain about economic recovery. The man has a PhD in the subject. If memory serves me his dissertation is all about the economic recovery of Germany after WWII. He's probably the smartest world leader the Donald will meet.

I'm told by people who have known and worked for/with him for over 30 years that he seeks out people smarter than himself. They say that when faced with problems beyond his scope his favorite quip is, "We need a smart person."

Your research into Putin didn't go far enough. He obtained his PhD in the mid '90s. Search harder. There was a lot of controversy about his dissertation---but I guess you missed that too.

The unnamed sources are members of my extended family who have known Trump for over 30 years, working for and with him on various business and charity projects. Since they've hat lots more contact with him over a sustained period of time, I'll take their word over msm. They have no reason to lie about a 30+ year relationship.

You are correct that I am not currently running for office or holding office. However, I have run for office in the past and I would never expose my tax returns or medical records to the public. It matters not a whit that you or any other person might have "expectations" of such reveals from candidates. As a paraphrase of my Dad used to say, "Expect in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first." The bottom line is that medical records and tax returns are deemed private documents simply because they are none of your business---no matter how much you screech and cry for lack of them. People running for and even winning public office don't give up their legal right to privacy. Please explain how your "expectations" override the right to privacy. Where is your right to see anybody's tax or medical records?

I really don't care who your unnamed sources are, they are unnamed sources that you claim. I personally think Trump is an ass, but that doesn't change the electoral college, and I have thought him to be an ass long before he ran for office.

Face it, with 3500 some lawsuits against him, many from small businesses, settled lawsuits for housing discrimination, ties to the mob, Trump is not a decent human being in any way, shape, or form. He is not a friend of the middle class, everything he does, rewards his rich buddies, you might be one of them, I personally believe him to be a douche weasel.

From a PR standpoint, if he wasn't hiding something, releasing his returns would have solved a lot of issues. I just think he is a useless ass, who will be thrown out of office before he comes close to 4 years.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then you must have the Obamas and Clintons who get paid to create those loopholes.

What does Obama or Clinton have to do with this conversation, we are talking about Trump releasing HIS tax returns?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nixon started it. Trump ended it. No more tax returns to the public.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

0% moral to you, maybe.

Look, i don't like the fact that the wealthy can leverage loopholes that are beyond my reach.....

....but if im blaming anyone im blaming the countless Democrats and Republicans who have conspired to make it this way. I can't fault an individual for behaving in a lawful manner when doing so is exactly why and how the laws were created to begin with.

If he had a LEGITIMATE net operating loss, I have no issue, something every intelligent business person would use. I have issues with the number of lawsuits for non-payment etc, ties to the mob, ties to Epstein, and his blatant misogynistic behaviour.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: allseeye6
Nixon started it. Trump ended it. No more tax returns to the public.

So you have no issue with a non-transparent government?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What do tax returns have to do with a transparent government?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What do tax returns have to do with a transparent government?

It would nice to know where our One True Leader was getting his cash, especially if coming from foreign sources as is rumored. That might be something important to know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join