It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So really my question is simple.

If the IRS has the tax returns and have no problem with them why the hell do you?

Seriously, with Obama's targeting of conservatives by the IRS I am sure that if there was even one thing wrong with his returns they would have nailed him by now.

So, basically, settle down...you still got nothing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
what do you think is in there, "payment to vladimir for hacking shillary, $1,000,000" ?

the IRS doesn't care if he does business in russia or owes money to russia, but that would be pretty interesting right about now

what about doing business in countries that avoided the muslim ban ?

I for one would just love to see the 6 am tweet storm form his golden crapper about it just for the laughs, lol

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

the IRS doesn't care if he does business in Russia or owes money to Russia

I also don't care.

edit on 2017/3/8 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The IRS should release Bob Lazar's tax returns for 1989.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes I would like to see him, if he wasn't hiding anything he would have had his last ten years in the New York Post. Right?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd like to see Podesta's,Clintons, and the foundations tax returns.

Play their game people.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Trump said he would show is tax returns, where still waiting, is it that difficult to understand?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Conflicts of interest, namely foreign conflicts of interest. The president can't have these things and Trump definitely has many foreign conflicts of interest. Funny enough, it's well known as soon as he became the prez and starting speaking to foreign leaders one of the many things he spoke about was his businesses in said country.

Jimmy Carter had to give up his families peanut farm yet has Trump given up his busineses for the Oval Office?

Had Hillary Clinton told the public she would be more than happy to release her tax returns and then refuse too, I'm sure all the Trump supporting conservatives would have been A-Okay with that.

The fact he refuses to release them is proof he's hiding something. How about you stop being a partisan hack and hold Trump to the same standards you would any Democrat?
edit on 8-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Trump said he would show is tax returns, where still waiting, is it that difficult to understand?

If Trump keeps just 80% of his promises, he'd be heads and heels above past Presidents. Tax Returns was a non-issue during the campaign and it's less than a non-issue now, if that's possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

the IRS doesn't care if he does business in Russia or owes money to Russia

I also don't care.

that's part of the problem

when you stop questioning your leaders you wind up in a dictatorship wondering when it all went wrong

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I'd like to see them, but he isn't obligated to show them. I wanted to see Obama's BC, but it took years (if it was even real). If years go by and Trump hasn't released his returns, then I will join liberals in condemnation.

Obama and Clinton both released their's well ahead of the elections. As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If there was a money transaction between Putin and Trump, it would have been uncovered by investigative journalists and reported in the media. It does not require Trump's income tax returns to find out. In fact, I would argue if there was such a transaction, it would not appear in his income tax returns because it would have been cash in Trump's pocket as a gift.

Income taxes returns are private, but they can be subpoenaed by Congress in an investigation. Putin and Trump are not dumb enough to leave any trace of any such transaction. If there were such a transaction, it would have been in rubles which Trump can later convert to dollars, and it would have been in cash as a gift so as not to appear as an income to be documented on Trump's income tax return.
edit on 8-3-2017 by l007sb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: l007sb

If there was a money transaction between Putin and Trump, it would have been uncovered by investigative journalists and reported in the media. It does not require Trump's income tax returns to find out. In fact, I would argue if there was such a transaction, it would not appear in his income tax returns because it would have been cash in Trump's pocket as a gift.

Income taxes are private, but they can be subpoenaed by Congress. Putin and Trump are not dumb enough to leave any trace of any such transaction. If there were such a transaction, it would have been in rubles which Trump can later convert to dollars, and it would be in cash as a gift and it wouldn't be an income to appear on an income tax return.

I agree it would not appear on Trump's tax return as "Gift from Putin", but there is much info to be gleamed from a personal tax return, especially if the Schedules are released with it.

ETA: I personally think Trump's tax returns show that he is not near as wealthy as he claims to be, and this is why he will not release them. They will reveal the big lie.
edit on 3/8/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

ETA: I personally think Trump's tax returns show that he is not near as wealthy as he claims to be, and this is why he will not release them. They will reveal the big lie.

He seems pretty rich. In 2011 he spent 200 million on a 757. No one else in the US has a private passenger jet.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

As one that does taxes for a living I am interested in Trump's, because I do believe he is hiding or manipulating things.

I agree, but most likely it's not anything sinister, I bet he just pays a really low tax rate, maybe doesn't give a huge amount to charity, isn't worth as much as he says, something along those lines. Look how the Left smeared Romney over Harry Reid's lie about Romney's taxes, I'm guessing Trump is just trying to avoid that political trap. As I said I would like to see them, but it's not the law, Trump isn't doing anything illegal.

Not giving to charity, lying about what he is worth? I am not saying he is illegal, just saying that these are not signs of a person of high character, not that many of our last presidents have been. But at least, they somewhat laid it out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: l007sb

He seems pretty rich. In 2011 he spent 200 million on a 757. No one else in the US has a private passenger jet.

Just because you own something, it doesn't mean you wrote a check for it, just saying. I am not a real materialistic person, I want to see his tax returns, he is lying about something, or he would release them.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This whole idea of showing income tax returns to the public was started by Nixon when he got in trouble with Watergate. Maybe Trump just wants to end this tradition.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
dp
edit on 3/8/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join