It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On "Trigger Words" and Mind Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

When the person asked if a certain term was a trigger word for me my mind associated the term with hypnosis. I've never been hypnotized, at least knowingly. I certainly didn't feel like I was being triggered. It took me a moment to realize he was just trying to say I was being irrational which, of course, I wasn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Great stuff. I will definitely look into it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I'm an educated, white, middle-aged, middle-class male. I

checking my privilege

Now you've gone and triggered me!

Great post

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have to wonder abotu folks who voluntarily allow trigger words to effect them. Ive seen women go captain insane-o due to the C word being said to them. Ive seen blacks go off hte rails when 'n-word' is said.. I mean instantly. Funny thing with the word 'n-word'.. its social engineering that has caused this.. and PC has enforced this. Reactions to this word have also reinforced the idea in other races minds ( no blacks arent only seen in a bad light from whites...) that they are violent and etc. Makes you wonder what the end game is with years of this engineering resulting in what occurs now when he N word is said.

Im not white. Im not black either. Im a super minority in the US.. and Ive heard it all concerning my race. Even on ATS. Ive never went crazy. Ive never behaved in any way Im "supposed" to when confronted with idiots and racists. Most racism is from ignorance.. its not really racism as defined properly. I have all sorts of prejudices.. but Im not racist. People need to get control of their damned selves and brains.. and emotions. They need to understand its being fed to them who and what they should be and do. My father was a racist in the proper usage of the word. He was also prejudiced. I thank God he was my father because he taught me that the federal govt is meddling in peoples lives and development from many sources. He had very very valid reasons for his racism and prejudices. I understand more about myself and the way the country/world works being in 2 cultures. If you let people with ore power than you control you.. youre truly a zombie. I hope that some day people see this clearly and step out of these calls for some mishmash of culturalism and call it what it is. Reject it. Until then we will all be divided on a very internal and subconcious level.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The dog scene is only a marker/anchor/trigger.

In the movie the narrative is split. While you're watching the one narrative, where the kids (young libertines/college students/lbgt/liberals/etc) are inducted into the program (neoliberalism/progressivism) and the program headmaster (the govs) and all the world's elite (the elite of this world) are coerced...

there's a side narrative where the bad guy is giving out tainted phones (false hope/propaganda machines/neoliberalism) to certain people (lefties/dems who would become neoliberals), so that, when the time came, he could use the phones (false hope/propaganda machines/neoliberalism) to trigger the people (the collective neoliberals/the programmed) and make them cause a war.

I mean, I'm not saying it's real, of course it's not. I'm just saying the movie is copying someone.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yeah. It's been happening a lot in certain circles, usually as an intimidation tactic.
Shame to see it's made it's way here on-site but so it goes.

Interesting that you immediately thought "hypnosis". My association with the word itself is one of psychoanalytic significance because of school, others might think of a mechanism on a firearm, or a band name, or a movie title....some immediately think of Roy Rodgers Horse.

List goes on and on, but those are the most common.

Language is a funny enough thing, isn't it?
How certain phrases and singsongs catch on and travel through the landscape.

I wish I knew why you had the association you do, maybe you subconsciously read about it, heard it on television or something. Everyone picks up strange things from strange places without realizing it sometimes. It's a form of long term dormant memory in a way, absolutely trivial most of the time because it's damn near impossible to pinpoint it's origins.

You don't strike me as someone who is maladjusted, so....if you ever were hypnotized they didn't do a horrible butcher job on ya, so hey....rock and roll and right on.

edit on 3/9/17 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting.....it's kinda my thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join