It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks releases Vault 7!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Awesome they gave them time to release the info now its going to be released for them!

That's brilliant!

Trump himself submits documents to Julian Assange to be published on WikiLeaks.

Sounds like Trump.

LOL, that would be EPIC!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Pinging thread for later...

I know we've had build ups for releases before, but this one feels different.. Who knows, I guess only time will tell...

Question I have, what kind of setup do you need to have to feel safe downloading that file and looking at the info inside? It feels super risky

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I know we've had build ups for releases before, but this one feels different.. Who knows, I guess only time will tell...

Question I have, what kind of setup do you need to have to feel safe downloading that file and looking at the info inside? It feels super risky

If you're worried, download and open it in a VM.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

I'm not opening sh*t, lol... I come to ATS to find out what's going on, or Twitter... I aint that crazy ahaha

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking with the 'Day Zero' it may mean everything changes.

Just my humble thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arrestme

that will keep his computer safe but I think he is worried about tracking who has downloaded the files? Which if the user has to ask, than most likely they are not going to be safe downloading it.
edit on 45331America/ChicagoMon, 06 Mar 2017 20:45:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Arrestme

that will keep his computer safe but I think he is worried about tracking who has downloaded the files? Which if you have to ask, than most likely you are not going to be safe downloading it.

Bingo... I'm very very ignorant to this type of stuff, so I'm not asking to try or anything, but just curious how confident "techies" would go about it.. I'm sure a VPN or something like that wont do sh*t, and I've never wandered onto the "dark net", so I'm not familiar with Torrent files or things that open them

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Don't know enough about tor, but you are right. There will be multiple savvy people putting this stuff all over the internet.

Let professionals do it.
edit on 6-3-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just adding this because it's the other listing for Year Zero:

Year Zero is an alternate reality game (ARG) based on the Nine Inch Nails concept album of the same name, its expected follow-up, and a possible accompanying film or television project.[1] Although the album was released on April 16, 2007 in Europe, and the following day worldwide,[2] the game has been underway since roughly February 12, 2007 and was expected to continue for approximately eighteen months.[3] The game was created by 42 Entertainment, the same group responsible for the Halo 2 promotional alternative reality game I Love Bees…

…Reznor said that Year Zero is a concept album,[8] "could be about the end of the world", and marked a "shift in direction" in that it "doesn't sound like With Teeth."[7] The 2006 tour merchandise designs featured overt references to the United States military, which "reflects future directions."[7]

In an interview with Gigwise.com, Reznor stated that the concept behind Year Zero was partially inspired by his feelings toward the Bush administration. He further explained, I really wanted to focus on something that was at the forefront of my consciousness which is, as an American, I'm appalled by the behavior of our government, the direction that it has taken and the direction that it's taken everyone else in the world and its arrogance... I decided to write an essay about where the world might be if we continue down the path that we're on with a neo-con-esque government doing whatever it pleases...[9]

To this end, the storyline of Year Zero borrows heavily from such well-known dystopian fiction as George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four (government surveillance), Aldous Huxley's Brave New World (use of drugs to subdue the populace),Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 (large-scale censorship and uniformism), and Yevgeny Zamyatin's We (synthesis of church and state). Specific plot elements bear a resemblance to the Philip K. Dick short story Faith of Our Fathers, including hallucinogens in the water supply, an oppressive, heavily militaristic state, aggressive government monitoring of the populace, and a venerated entity which manifests in many forms. In keeping with the dystopian theme, Year Zero takes place in 2022, the same year as the 1973 film Soylent Green.

Main article: Campaign timeline of the Year Zero alternate reality game

The story takes place in the United States in the year 2022, which has been termed "Year 0" by the US government, being the year that America was reborn. The U.S. had suffered several major terrorist attacks, including attacks on Los Angeles and Seattle. In response, the government granted itself emergency powers and seized absolute control on the country

Year Zero Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm sure a VPN or something like that wont do sh*t

Yep

never wandered onto the "dark net",

Not automatically safe either. Also Takes more than technology to be safe

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I feel uncomfortable watching the file from miles away.. I dont even want to be around it.. Anything that could possibly be looked at as Julian Assange's insurance policy has to be explosive... Not gonna lie, but if there is a crazy release, I pray we dont see any false flag to distract the masses away... Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but heck, I'm on ATS and this is a conspiracy site

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's also interesting that Wikileaks posted about 14 hours ago a reminder that they have never had communications with Roger Stone.

Whatever is coming out may be linked to him in some way. They seem to want to make sure that it's known that they have no dealings with him. Hmm

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I say Bravo Gut, thanks for the research and info. Very relevant.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Well thanks for the explanation I am one of those that was scratching my head trying to figure out what it means.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.
edit on 6-3-2017 by HarumphHarumph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Nice catch Gut. Love it. The other wiki for the Year Zero (political notion) was added to OP btw in case anyone missed it. Not sure if I should tag it on OP since the (game) seems to be inspired by the concept.

Also :
www.zerohedge.com...

In a statement on the Wikileaks website, Julian Assange, rumors of whose death or disappearance seems greater exaggerated, writes that "If any year could be said to be the ‘year zero’ of our modern era, 1979 is it. In the Middle East, the Iranian revolution, the Saudi Islamic uprising and the Egypt-Israel Camp David Accords led not only to the present regional power dynamic but decisively changed the relationship between oil, militant Islam and the world."

edit on 6-3-2017 by Arrestme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to this one, so hopefully it turns out to be significant and not a bunch of hype.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Important clue from Assange:

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have attempted to download using utorrent but download arrow remains red, not moving, possibly not being seeded yet, I"ll keep everyone advised if it starts and what it may contain. It appears its a torrent file just like one you would download from pirate bay when it was usable. Let me know if others have had any luck

Also it is 513 mb in size

edit on 6-3-2017 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looking forward to your findings. Be careful, you never know what might be in those files...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join