It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art (writing) as a gateway to understanding.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Afterlife?

Why bother ourselves with what in unknown?

That can become ones' life's mission and we will miss the real important moments.

Before-life...is that a word? Word!

Present-life is where’s it’s at.

Be present.

edit on 03CST09America/Chicago04590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 03CST09America/Chicago04590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Agreed, but easier said than done, at least for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Agreed, but easier said than done, at least for me.

Why can't you stay in the moment, the now?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I enjoy 'art writing', and then seeing my opposition scoff off my work as "meme threads". Apparently these days any and all forms of web graphics are "memes" to certain folks now. And if you inject any humor into your writing then they'll use that as a copout to having to deal with arguments that are impossible to debunk.

Little do they know it only adds to the personal satisfaction reaped from the total projects.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It is life itself that is the mystery, forget dragging in contemplation of the afterlife.

And if, in life, I have experiences that defy what is common taught, assumed and accepted from it proves to fall short should i not ponder that aspect of slewed reality?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

At times it is possible, however, the call of daily work and family life often leads me to fears for the future and regrets for the past.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It is life itself that is the mystery, forget dragging in contemplation of the afterlife.

And if, in life, I have experiences that defy what is common taught, assumed and accepted from it proves to fall short should i not ponder that aspect of slewed reality?

As long as the pondering doesn't become one's priority.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

At times it is possible, however, the call of daily work and family life often leads me to fears for the future and regrets for the past.

I was in that place for a long time, but have come out of it by just letting life flow as it will. Worrying just takes away the joy of life and you will miss out on those special moments because of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I agree fully. Old habits are hard to break, and mental habits are particularly vexing. I will continue to strive.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I enjoy 'art writing', and then seeing my opposition scoff off my work as "meme threads". Apparently these days any and all forms of web graphics are "memes" to certain folks now. And if you inject any humor into your writing then they'll use that as a copout to having to deal with arguments that are impossible to debunk.

Little do they know it only adds to the personal satisfaction reaped from the total projects.

Then again they do say that "one picture is worth a thousand words", so I don't know where they are coming from...oh yes I do...single-themed-paradigm valley.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Interestingly, I heard on the radio the other day that a woman studying to become a lawyer took a friend's dare to send her music video tape into a contest. After finishing her first term exam she received a phone call and was told she won the contest, much to her disbelief. With the help of her college's Dean convincing her parents to embrace this opportunity in life (because the Dean did not embrace her opportunity to become a Ballerina) and offering the student a six year window to return to law school, this woman is now on her way to becoming a fabulous singer. The point she made struck me as being the true path to understanding through art forms.

She said - in my own words - ...that a lawyer's job is to speak for others to gain understanding in the legal world...writing music and lyrics is the same process, that being of speaking for others to gain understanding through notes and lyrics.

I thought that was right on!
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago03890931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Art requires one to be in the present regardless of the art form itself be it music, dance or the visual arts.
Being in the present is about opening the doors of perception physically through the senses as well as emotionally.
Art opens the doors of perception through the application of aesthetics.

Great art destroys the notion of time and by that act we can participate with the infinite.

top topics

join