It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

love vs. lust

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
okay... i think about the seven deadly sins often...not mentioned in the good book or perhaps they are...
this movie over a sociopath/psychopath...serial killer...Sleven
was difficult to watch and as i was grossed out by it, i couldn't grasp the entire meaning.
Kevin Spacey...excellent Actor....but the movie mentioned above is too far out and people can get over bad patterns without harm being done.
what matters in my world is to realize emotions during the weather and seasons are important.
me, i love my son Will, a cat like no other and that is without lust, heat or wanting to pro-create...a mother/parents love for their child is incompatable to the sort that is pure obsession...like how kill bill confused me into thinking it was Quentin and not Uma...as i was in love at first sight with her broad nose and divet under the nose since i seen her at my thirteenth birthday in seventeen magazine.
love or lust ...how do ya feel about this issue?
my best friend just broke up with a girlfriend... and so she needed a hug from me...i love her yet would never try to act like she and myself should date and she has children plus i speak to the father...a mothers love compared to a fathers...without threats/ weapons...how do you feel?
i live in vegan town with no weapons! or vegetarian town...the place even fake weapons are unwelcome.
thanks for checkin me thread!
peps

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Lust comes first, then love. Then comes the realization that love was a lie, so it's back to lust.

Faking love, that's the real sin.

edit on 5-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's right, lust first then love, then the realization of...what did I get myself into!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

That's right, lust first then love, then the realization of...what did I get myself into!

And then the how do I get out of here?!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It doesn't matter, noting lasts, all we can do is raise our hands and whisper....why me?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It doesn't matter, noting lasts, all we can do is raise our hands and whisper....why me?

Damn, you can empty a glass half full real quick.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: olaru12

Damn, you can empty a glass half full real quick.

So true, I drink much to much!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Tell my cat Chloe, she was spade about 3 years ago but still goes into heat and calls to male cats at the french doors when I have them open.

Yes, the weather and seasons do change emotions. It's good Spring is almost here!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru

LMAO
Good one!
edit on 5-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

what about love as a young child!?
i fell in love without lust at the age of about 12....6th grade or seventh...
he fell down on ground ...females strived to comfort through touch and i stood there like a guy i guesss...
and thennnn....trying to recall what romantic love is.....
so, i dis agree with your statement in your post....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

what about love as a young child!?

Ask Freud.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

i have a fever from african friends.....the real reason i love ATS....(ebola)
it wasn't a conspiracy...i know the cure.....just joking....
ebola was a myth.....i was just paying attention to my packages and where things are being sent from as i had ocd....
plus i hoard stufff.....nevermind i contradicted reality...?
thanks for posting chica bud...take care
lots of care,
pep

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Of course it was a myth. One can't be too careful, though. Don't drink the bottle that says 'Drink Me".

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Makes me remember getting hit on by a lovely young lady and I told her "Sorry. .Im married". She just sighed and swirled her hair in her fingers and responded with "What's sex got to do with Marraige?"...

For the record.. .I did not accept .....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Edit: N/M😊

edit on 6-3-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

hey my translater isn't well, sorry...no comprende...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I believe the film Seven is about the hypocracy that we all go through. The killer was murdering people for their sins while ignoring his own (he was a serial murderer after all). He was imagining himself to be a pure being. While what he was doing was extreme by any standard, I look at his actions as being metaphorical for what we all do. We all judge others for their sins while seeing ourselves as being perfect to an extent.

As for love and lust, I believe they're abstract human concepts with no real meaning. In my view, love and lust are a jumbled mess that we can only pretend to understand. If we can understand them, I believe they're a matter of personal truth that applies to each individual differently.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

excellent....neutral and nicely stated...you made ting more clear...
thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Anytime, my friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lust. I mean smiley faces and refrigerator lust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join